Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Warden - "I have returned from beyond the grave to give the living haircuts."  (Read 23991 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Warden
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2015, 05:56:30 am »

Yeah, sign me up.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2015, 10:25:47 am »

i'll give it a try

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2015, 12:29:11 pm »

I'm in if I happen to be available whenever you're playing.

I don't think the game needs a healer, or a DPS. That sounds like more taking the fight to the monster than there ought to be, and it's the tank-healer-DPS structure probably doesn't need to be there when you're just trying to stall the monster and run away. Although the idea of a character who can effectively disable the monster (long stun or teleport or something) sounds cool, I think that might make encounters a contest of skill rather than just something the adventurers always want to avoid, and kind of muddle the hide-and-seek element.

On what WOULD work for making the team work together, I'm not sure, it seems like right now you want to stay separated so only one of you can die at once. Maybe multi-person wards, or buffs like increased speed/invisibility that can only be cast on other players.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2015, 01:16:26 pm »

I don't think the game needs a healer, or a DPS. That sounds like more taking the fight to the monster than there ought to be, and it's the tank-healer-DPS structure probably doesn't need to be there when you're just trying to stall the monster and run away. Although the idea of a character who can effectively disable the monster (long stun or teleport or something) sounds cool, I think that might make encounters a contest of skill rather than just something the adventurers always want to avoid, and kind of muddle the hide-and-seek element.

On what WOULD work for making the team work together, I'm not sure, it seems like right now you want to stay separated so only one of you can die at once. Maybe multi-person wards, or buffs like increased speed/invisibility that can only be cast on other players.

That's an interesting concept. What if there was an illusionist who allowed the Wardens to disappear and escape the monster? Extending that, what if there were several more classes and all of the classes (both new and existing) were split into supporting one strategy: half for hiding, half for fighting? That way the Wardens would have both options, but be forced to choose between them, and the monster would have another element of uncertainty: just as the players don't know what form the monster is, the monster doesn't know the Wardens' strategy.

Group A (classes like the tank, healer, and DPS) fight the monster directly. They're able to stay alive well enough that it isn't a guaranteed suicide mission, but it's still very dangerous. Group B (classes like the seer, illusionist, and something else) evade the monster. They stay alive by hiding and trickery. Depending on how difficult playing the monster is, there could be a randomly selected leader each round who determines which group of classes they play as.

EDIT: Would either tomorrow (Tuesday) at 5:00 PM PST (8:00 PM EST) or Wednesday at the same time work for you guys?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:49:41 pm by Araph »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:34 pm »

So, nobody responded for yesterday or today, but I am definitely running a game tomorrow at 5:00 PM PST. If you can make it, I'd love it if you'd join myself and a couple people from a different forum in the new version of the game. Two days ago I played with three friends and got a giant list of bugs that I've been plowing through, so it should be smoother tomorrow than it would be otherwise.

If you can make it, please post to let me know.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2015, 11:56:44 pm »

Ah, sorry, I didn't see the edit. I should be able to play tomorrow.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2015, 11:57:30 pm »

Dident see the edit ether. Same response as Flameboy. See you all tomorrow.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2015, 08:31:31 am »

Should be able to make it.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2015, 05:54:16 pm »

Just to double check, what servers are we using, as far as TeamSpeak and the game goes?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »

Ah, sorry, I didn't see the edit. I should be able to play tomorrow.
Dident see the edit ether. Same response as Flameboy. See you all tomorrow.

In retrospect, maybe editing a post in a thread on the second page wasn't a good way to communicate that information. :P

Just to double check, what servers are we using, as far as TeamSpeak and the game goes?

Assuming the B12 Teamspeak is still up, we'd use that. If not, I'll set up a Mumble server. As for the game, I'll just send everyone an IP address before the game starts like normal.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2015, 06:33:42 pm »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2015, 07:47:15 pm »

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:50:33 pm by Araph »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2015, 08:00:01 pm »

Also, the server is ready. Jump into Teamspeak and I'll post the IP there.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2015, 08:01:33 pm »

Wait, what's the Bay12 TS server?

Nevermind, found it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:03:23 pm by flameboy99 »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2015, 08:06:57 pm »

Sorry, TS IP address: 173.78.33.160
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15