Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea - Save is up.  (Read 41585 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea - Save is up.
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2014, 04:27:17 pm »

Just go. First come, first served. :P The save has been up for over 24h, no one grabbed it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2014, 04:28:58 pm »

I can go as well, since I'm not in the mood to work on Riverrun.

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2014, 05:15:05 pm »

Apparently Masterwork w/ Ironhand walls isn't the correct tileset, certain sprites aren't showing properly.

Or is this just an issue with the save?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2014, 05:30:37 pm »

Apparently Masterwork w/ Ironhand walls isn't the correct tileset, certain sprites aren't showing properly.

Or is this just an issue with the save?
You are confusing terminology. Tilesets have nothing to do with sprites. But best to show a screenshot.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2014, 06:51:19 pm »

This is what I noticed...

And this is from your turn, Meph.

Something's definitely off.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »

Are you sure that thats not just snow? (and the new Twbt.dll, which obviously is not included in the save, because its in the dfhack folder, damn)

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2014, 07:37:18 pm »

Might be, I'll play for a while and see.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2014, 03:35:41 am »

It's the snow, you need to add a roof to the shops.

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2014, 09:50:38 am »

This is an exceptional dolomite journal. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest...wait. Never mind. This item menaces with spikes of rock blocks. On the front of the item is an image of a tundra and humans. The tundra is laughing. The humans are making a disappointed expression.

1st Granite, 103

Alright. So begins another year of life at Glimmerring.

Meph, who was recently appointed to the title of Count, chose to lay upon me the mantle of overseership (actual word?) while he goes about nobility business. I'm not sure whether he's lazy or good at delegation, but either way, somebody's got to do it. Here we go.

What's the situation? Everybody's working, by the looks of it. Good work on Meph's part, I have to say.

How about general status?

Not too bad, got enough to--wait a minute.

What the hell? Are we going thirsty?

Doesn't look like it...

But still. Better get some of these little few plants brewed and start an operation for growing plump helmets and the like. We're not dwarves, but a little bit of alcohol never hurt. I'm going to bring in a spreadsheet to see

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Godamnit. What the hell is this? Not a single visible specialization. There's got to be a more efficient way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Much better. Now our workers can become skilled in their trade. What else could we do well with? Actually, it would be nice to be able to read out what's in our stocks. Better get to building up a warehouse.

Need to figure out what the hell to do with all this driftwood. The masons don't want to move it and nobody wants to haul it anywhere. What a great way to start off the term.

4th Granite, 103

Pooling up all of our wood into a stockpile and a snowstorm hits. I see the correlation, but I don't see the message.

9th Granite, 103

Put the coin mint to work today. Economic control, here we come.

14th Granite, 103

Pevit gave birth to a boy today, and given the cold conditions, we're all happy for her and her husband.

Baptism to the Great Lord Tob to follow shortly.

22nd Granite, 103

Pado Ersiothla was praying when he suddenly broke into babbling, exclaiming something about receiving the word.

Given what he was doing, it didn't surprise me when he went to go take up one of the crafting shops and started gather materials. Talk to the gods enough and they'll talk back, I suppose.

5th Slate, 103

Something's wrong.

One of the men dropped dead, entirely parched. I have all our distilleries continually desalinating water. So why is everyone so thirsty?

Look at this. That list is all the barrels of water we have. But nobody's drinking it, they're all perfectly content to go thirsty as they live their lives.

I swear to Tob, it's just like trying to lead dwarves.

{So, we're off to quite a start. Dwarf Fortress feels more like Dwarf Fortress again with the AI making some intelligent decisions as always.}

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:15 am »

Meph is standing in his residency, looking down on the new overseers work. While he has his private stash of finest liquor next to him, he wonders. "Why would someone fill barrels with ice, watch their citizens die of thirst, while having the rough equivalent of 1 billion dorf bucks in gold coins, that can buy near unlimited drinks from the merchants?"

"Ah, the inconceivable minds of humans."

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:56 am »

Over a hundred hours of DF and I never could have considered it.

I guess this is what I get for always embarking in warm biomes. Let's pray that a recovery can be quick, lest I have to savescum.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:22 am »

Hundreds of hours of DF cannot prepare you for mod-content. You never have water in barrels as watersource in DF. ;)

If the first person already died of thirst, I think you will lose a few more before you can get enough drinks. People hog the barrels, so even if you have 10 drinks, 1 person is drinking and 9 watch and die. Happened to me often enough. "Oh, there is a guy walled in, lets free him. He is dehydrated, but can make it to the next drink stockpile. It has three barrels, and three other people drinking atm. Guy stands next to them, waits patiently, dies. Guys drinking dont care, so what, and go back to work."

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2014, 11:53:24 am »

Dude, are you saying we should share our drinks with this random douche who just walked in here? Step away from the Tub of Happiness this instant!
left eye

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2014, 04:52:23 pm »

The only thing we share is our everlasting love for Tob

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2014, 05:17:50 pm »

And barrels full of muck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12