Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptia: IC Thread  (Read 4626 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Apocalyptia: IC Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2014, 08:00:45 pm »

In the Vault

Starn walks away from the console, quickly calming down.

Int[3]Harvey still can't manage to reactivate the pods, it seems the computer controlling the releases (and the cameras) has gone haywire.

The Ark door is a massive reinforced steel door. It has been damaged before, though, and you could probably open it by force.

In the bar

"Cash up front, assholes."

Cha[1] No jobs for Nando, because no-one trusts him to do anything, and they've been spooked by Barebones.

Cha[2] Lily gets the same offers as before.

Nando and Lily both see a job board, though.

In the markets

The flickering light of Denia's cigarette attracts the attention of a guard.

"Uhh, what are you doing over there?"

Meanwhile, Cha[6] Ellen is offered plenty of work, in town and out. The most profitable ones would probably be selling off her services and products to townspeople, joining up with a caravan headed southwards, or to sell some valuable herbs or concoctions to the Caledonians, while they were still in town.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2014, 08:02:25 pm »

Denia just looks at him, exhaling a small cloud of smoke.

"Gee, I don't know, skipping merrily through the market?"

blazing glory

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2014, 08:07:03 pm »

Try to open the door again.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2014, 08:26:03 pm »

"You all suck. All of you."
Retrieve sword from dartboard. How good was the throw?
Do I have money?
Check the job board.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 10:44:54 pm »

"Travelling is best done with both companions and a destination. Lets fill that sinkhole, shall we?"

Look for work as a healer/herbalist.

"Yis." was his short, rather enthusiastic answer.

Casslan didn't appear to be the smartest fellow around, but he was reasonable enough to stay a safe distance away to avoid spoiling Ellen's opportunities. After she had apparently examined all of the possibilities, he once again moved closer to her. "Thy choyss?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 10:51:24 pm »

Casslan didn't appear to be the smartest fellow around, but he was reasonable enough to stay a safe distance away to avoid spoiling Ellen's opportunities. After she had apparently examined all of the possibilities, he once again moved closer to her. "Thy choyss?"
Ellen turned to her companion. "Traveling south would bring me to lands I do not know. I could learn many secrets of this world. But the other opportunities are more stable... The path to knowledge is to stride straight into ignorance and watch it fall away in front of you as some misty air pregnant with too much water. What do you think of these options?"
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 11:52:23 pm »

Ellen turned to her companion. "Traveling south would bring me to lands I do not know. I could learn many secrets of this world. But the other opportunities are more stable... The path to knowledge is to stride straight into ignorance and watch it fall away in front of you as some misty air pregnant with too much water. What do you think of these options?"

"Buske thy heed, an seke newe knowleche. Hou obout th eese weorkes nou an th ferly late? It is thy choyss an eny is god for me." he answered. If she decided to take the ones that capitalized on her current knowledge, even if only to amass coin and supplies in preparation for a trip in the future, he would have the opportunity to spend his time training and preparing himself, and in case she decided to leave with the caravan, he'd probably still have his work cut out for him on the road.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:51:25 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2014, 12:03:57 am »

Look for an emergency override.

"Hey you want a gun? Something was in here while we slept and no idea if they were friendly or not. I can't be around all the time to protect you. "
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:17:21 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 07:00:43 am »

"I guess. Just a moment though."

Look for a working computer. If I can't, rig one to work. Then see if there's anything inside the door using security cameras.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2014, 07:19:56 am »

Hrm? Oh,alright,I'm Starn Gundar by the way.

Upon receiving the gun examine it to see if I could possibly make any modifications to it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:30:52 am by blazing glory »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2014, 07:24:35 am »

Harvey calmly levels his rifle between the scientists eyes.

"You'll forgive me if I don't want to give a gun to a man who just lost an argument with a door."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

blazing glory

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2014, 07:36:12 am »

Harvey calmly levels his rifle between the scientists eyes.

"You'll forgive me if I don't want to give a gun to a man who just lost an argument with a door."

hrrmf.

Starn turns around back to the console.

Stupid military types...not my fault if 2 thirds of the facility is broken...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2014, 07:41:05 am »

"I'm not deaf bookworm. And last time I checked doors don't care if you call them bad names.

Can you do anything productive with a gun? Or are you going to threaten the nasty door again?
"
Caine's law.

blazing glory

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2014, 07:52:58 am »

"I'm not deaf-

Don't care!

Either shoot me on the spot or do something else.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2014, 08:01:28 am »

"Ok ignore the question.

Scientists, your all infants in lab coats no wonder you destroyed the planet.
"
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5