Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptia: IC Thread  (Read 4614 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Post-Apocalyptia: IC Thread
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:09:19 pm »

OOC Thread

IC thread. Woot.

Welcome to Fort Kingston, what remains of a military base lodged in the Australian Far North, which is now a mutated bio-disaster. You are all here for different reasons, or maybe you just wandered over because you have no idea what is going on.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Apocalyptia: IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »

The Arks wake up in a [2] ransacked vault, since it's already been raided for supplies. However, there's still some stuff lying around in the lockers. Only a few cryotubes are open, the rest still covered in a layer of white crystals.

Everyone else is either near or around Kingston, for their own reasons.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:22:06 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 07:14:26 pm »

((PTW. I will join the group when they venture into the wilderness))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 07:23:16 pm »

(( Damn you dice I said tank not trash. TANK!!!!!!! ))

Go through all the lockers to make an inventory of what's here. Keep my rifle up in case whoever raided the place comes back.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 07:29:58 pm »

Lily will head in to town to see if she can trade animal pelts for booze and drugs.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 07:34:59 pm »

Nando wakes up hungover in a ditch somewhere. He gets up, checks to see if he has all his swords, then heads to town.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:34:37 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 07:37:14 pm »

((Well, until somebody finds me, I think that I will post an action))

Wander around the wilderness, absorbing grass.

blazing glory

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 07:51:25 pm »

Look around the lockers,steer clear of the big muscular guy.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 09:21:44 pm »

Barebones Jones heads into town, smiling a great big skeleton smile. Granted, as a skeleton, he's pretty much always either smiling or slackjawed, but last time he headed into a town with his mouth wide open, he got it shot off when he stepped through the gates.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 09:35:13 pm »

Noboru is in town, looking for work. Big, bulky dudes to haul around stuff are always needed, especially now that civilization has collapsed and machines are less common.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:39:09 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 02:25:27 am »

In the Vault

It looks like no one has been in the vault for decades. Harvey walks over to the lockers, and they fold open, finding some preserved food and water supplies.

Meanwhile, Starn looks around, and finds the door console, still dimly glowing.

In a store

Lily walks into a general store, laying her wares on the counter. The attendant hurriedly waddles over, and glances over her goods.

"Let me guess, my fine lady, you want alcohol and drugs? Well, we got a shipment of some morphine all the way from New Caledonia, if you can afford the stuff.

Otherwise, we got beer, goon, weed, venom, and rum. Whataya want?"

((goon is box wine, weed is marijuana, and venom is hallucinogenic venom from mutated cane toads. Australian slang, woo))

At the gate

Meanwhile, Nando and Barebones enter the town together, a few metres apart. As they pass the chainlink fence, the guards, wearing worn-out combat armour, point their weapons at the skeleton, mostly ignoring Nando.

"You still sentient?"

Near the Markets

Noburo looks around for work, but finding very little, due to the large amount of exoskeletons stored in the military base before the war. Running off biodiesel or solar power, they're much more efficient. However, a shady little man in the market waves him over.

"Do you think you can grab some turd from outside the camp? I saw a big pile of the stuff. I need some for... something, I'll pay you good for your work."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:33:12 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 02:34:52 am »

Open the door.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 04:05:54 am »

Put the supplies in my pack then head for the controls for the pods and open the ones my men went into.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 08:07:16 am »

A little girl in a gasmask and red fireproof suit is standing by a building, with a huge flamethrower on her back.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 09:00:28 am »

"Greetings ARK: SAIYAN. Please go through mandatory Post Cryo exercises... Thank You, it has been...9...0...0...1... Years since Cryo has been initiated... Welcome...To New Earth"

The pod opens unexpectedly and I begin falling out
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5