Frozen-Over Town
- 4 (21.1%)
Mutated Rainforest
- 9 (47.4%)
Ruined Desert City
- 6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptia: Interest Check  (Read 9645 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Apocalyptia: Discussion/OOC Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 02:05:21 pm »

Spoiler: Barebones Jones (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:54:12 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 04:19:08 pm »

General stuff: I'll let you guys decide your inventories, based on your background stories, but don't go crazy.  I would recommend taking a weapon, some sort of clothing/armor, and some other useful stuff.

I'll join in as an Ark guy from Ark 9001

...sheet please?

Are we gonna group up or go solo. If grouping I'm going scavenger to provide gear. Otherwise Aevae, because I don't to be isolated from cool magic stuff.

Your choice.

Wait, if there's countermeasures to every last superweapon, how could they cripple the planet?

shh

I also have a question. If we have thirty points to spend as we please, what difference do the stat modifiers make?

'Racial' stat modifiers are mostly just for fluff. Skills are where all the boosts are at.

I'll be interested.

Spoiler: Pyro (click to show/hide)

Looks good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Is this the same world as your plane crash rtd?))

((Maaaaybe))

7 swords is overkill. Also, can he throw guns, then? :P

Looks good, and yeah, you decide what you can bring.

Sheet coming soon.

PM'd Background story is good, and you can choose your stuff.

Spoiler: Barebones Jones (click to show/hide)

Oh god, this'll be good. Yeah, fill in your inventories.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 04:32:52 pm »

Is my inventory ok?

It's his rifle, sidearm, knife, armor with a helmet that includes a faceplate with an air filter since Ark personnel built systems to defend against WMD's it seemed reasonable they'd include something as common sense as a mask to protect security personnel against biological agents.

Plus his weapon maintenance kit and a flashlight he can bolt onto his gun. I included a pic of the gun.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 04:43:26 pm »

It's fine, because he's gonna run out of ammo pretty quick smart.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 04:46:17 pm »

Who in this world isn't going to run out of ammo quick lol? It's part of why I gave him skill in gun construction/modification and he has his kit.

He can modify the gun to use a more common form of ammunition.
Although I could edit that into ammo creation and then he could break down other bullets to create more for his gun which sounds more interesting.

Does making a skill more specific like rifle training and pistol training make a difference or could I just take ballistic weapon training to cover both, or take marine weapon training since every marine is trained to use rifles and sidearms.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »

He can modify the gun to use a more common form of ammunition.

Popping in to say that doing so is generally a bad idea. It obviously depends on the type of gun and the type of ammo you're converting it to. Unless you're converting between two similar types of ammunition, then you're just reducing the life and durability of the gun. Assuming that it doesn't blow up in your face of course.

Although I could edit that into ammo creation and then he could break down other bullets to create more for his gun which sounds more interesting.

A much better idea. Especially in a survival situation like this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 05:01:26 pm »

I know, the thing is I have quite a few ideas for gun mods and it allows me to take busted old weapons and break them down and use parts to build new ones that work. Plus in general if I have a gun with no reasonable chance of finding more ammo I'll take a reduced shelf life and the ability to shoot stuff with my gun over a gun that lasts a long time while I use it as a baseball bat.

I want both skills but I don't wanna lose any of the other 4 I've got so unless I can combine the 2 gun skills I can only take 1 and I'd rather be able to repair and modify guns to use other ammo then just make ammo if I can find a working gun.

Caine's law.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 05:04:10 pm »

Seven swords isn't overkill for a mercenary who's main method of attack is throwing swords. It's completely reasonable.
And of course he can throw guns. *Pew pew pew Oh no out of ammo! Throws gun at enemy, enemy dies.*
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 05:06:08 pm »

You don't often see throwing swords and completely reasonable in the same sentence.
Caine's law.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 05:09:28 pm »

Spoiler: Character! (click to show/hide)

How's this look? Is it all lore friendly?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 05:14:30 pm »

shh

Ah, I see. Just seemed like a counterproductive thing to talk about how WMD's ain't shit because they've got defenses for that at first, then going all 'but then they used them and somehow everyone died anyway'. Carry on.

By the way, how transmissible is AEV? Was it supposed to be a WMD? Or is it simply an off-brand magic-flavored version of FEV in all respects?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 05:14:56 pm »

You don't often see throwing swords and completely reasonable in the same sentence.

Probably because it's not.

*paragraph about balance, weight, and compromises between ease of throwing and stabbing*

I guess I'll be working on a sheet. Don't expect me to take this too seriously though.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 05:16:16 pm »

I kinda figured, some swords are designed with amazing balance but they're rare as hell. Guess I'm gonna be the gun guy.
Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 05:22:33 pm »

I kinda figured, some swords are designed with amazing balance but they're rare as hell. Guess I'm gonna be the gun guy.

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about throwing weapons. But I wouldn't be surprised if the balance needed for a good throwing sword was different than the balance needed for a good fighting sword.

Alternative idea: Throwing knives and a sword. Or throwing spikes and a machete. Or something functionally identical but more practical than 7 throwing swords.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 05:24:10 pm »

Spoiler: Character! (click to show/hide)

How's this look? Is it all lore friendly?

Yep. Good to see not everyone wants to kill everything.

shh

Ah, I see. Just seemed like a counterproductive thing to talk about how WMD's ain't shit because they've got defenses for that at first, then going all 'but then they used them and somehow everyone died anyway'. Carry on.

By the way, how transmissible is AEV? Was it supposed to be a WMD? Or is it simply an off-brand magic-flavored version of FEV in all respects?

Yeah, it's pretty much FEV, although it results in a lot more... weirdness.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9