Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teleporting Mood Items  (Read 460 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Teleporting Mood Items
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:55 am »

Anyone else see this lately?

Something has changed with moods, for starters I think i've noticed moody dwarves claiming a workshop before they reach it if it's currently empty, which is new yes?  If it's busy they arrive and claim, im sure they always used to go to the workshop before claiming and that they can now remotely claim a free workshop.

That aside i've noticed another trick with them summoning mood items, definately new.  Example: My craftsdwarf just went moody and claimed the crafts shop, wasnt paying attention to see when he made his claim...regardless.  He wants wood, rock and rough gem.  I've not mined any gems, so he stalls out.  I notice and designate a gem tile to be mined.  Tile flashes yellow, miner arrives and starts work.  Before I even register the tile break and the gem spawn I get announcement, recentre and pause for mood construction start, he teleported that damn gem across 40 z-levels.  Spotted it the other day with bone but it was a very short distance and was barely paying attention so wrote it off.

Known?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:10:05 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Teleporting Mood Items
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:46:55 am »

Yes, it's a known issue, which you could have easily confirmed for yourself by searching for "mood teleport" on the bug tracker.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teleporting Mood Items
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:20:55 pm »

And Another
If He/She start construction, See items in building and forbidden item-in-use and reclaim that item.(leave one item)
He/She make interesting thing with only one item.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:28:08 am by Philii »
Sorry for Grammar.