Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Valley (Genii Locus) [For 6 Players]  (Read 8414 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Valley (Genii Locus) [For 6 Players]
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2014, 09:10:24 am »

Oh, I don't want mobile plants, that seems like they wouldn't be good for the valley, I just want them to eat dirt and rocks and stuff. And then grow magic crystals.

If you just want plants that take up nutrients and provide magic crystals... hard to say.  I'd allow either Alter or Imbue, depending on whether they made them biochemically or magically.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2014, 09:58:37 am »

Sleep.

I don't think I quite have the power for what I want to do. Vague as that is.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2014, 10:46:15 am »

The temple be a place of stillness and temperate climate. When the sun is at its peak in the summer, and the people sweat, the temple shall offer a cooling wind. During winter, the area will be spared from the coldest storms. When thunder and rain pours down on our kin, we shall offer our temple  as protection. This shall be a place of peace and tranquillity.

Fine Focus: The stone temple: Temperate and calm climate.(-20 GEN)

Gathering their strength, they then sleep.

Sleep

(8 GEN 45 CUL left. )

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:57:30 am by Evil Marahadja »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2014, 04:12:33 pm »

Ancestors: At this stage, the shrine is little more than a handful of stones piled together with a large one for offerings, but you are able to act upon it just the same.  You don't have the strength for a Fine action, but you can manage a Narrow one [-20 GEN], and so you gently alter the microclimate of the part of the plains where the shrine is built.  For a good mile around the shrine, the weather is calmer, less brutal.  It is cooler in summer, warmer in winter, and never bears the brunt of storms or frost.  Competition for the consequently fertile lands around the shrine becomes fierce, but all acknowledge the miracle, and all attribute it to a blessing from the ancestors.

Satisfied, the spriits sleep...

The next turn will follow later, as I am presently engaged in jury duty and shorter on time than usual.  When it can be done, it will be done, probably within the next couple of days.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2014, 02:03:27 pm »

Decades pass, once more.

On the plains, House Esra continues to develop the fundamentals of masonry, eventually nailing down the fundamental principles of building.  The local huts are given solid adobe foundations, making them much more sturdy.  Plans are considered for a wall to encircle the whole village, but with lukewarm support from House Arvay and the Cult of the Grass and no support from House Esra, the wall remains unfinished even after many years.  Meanwhile, the power and influence of the Three Houses continues to grow, and with trade bringing food and wealth into the Grasslands from all parts of the valley, the grasslanders enjoy a golden age of prosperity.

In the hills, the new tradition of slavery is embraced and continued.  While many of the original crop of slaves weaken and die from mistreatment, the hillfolk range beyond the valley to take more slaves every now and again, keeping the stock full.  The slaves are slightly more productive than free clansmen, and the freemen reap the benefits.  A small population of the hillfolk abandon farming and devote themselves exclusively to war, becoming the first true warriors of the valley.

In the bogs, one of the families turns entirely to gathering herbs and materials from the bog, while the head of the other family devotes her full time to the herbal arts.  They soon learn the techniques of basic healthcare and medicine from the riverfolk, trading for most of their food with the barge-men along the river.

In the forest and the hills, the cult of Bohromu flourishes, gaining power and members.  Some time during your slumber, one of the most capable hunters of the forest stumbles upon a cave littered with golden hairs and discovers a strange spear made not of wood but a gleaming golden metal, stronger and sharper than any rock he has ever seen.  More than this, it glows with the light of the sun.  The hunter leaves the forest and joins the cult of Bohromu in the hills, where the Golden Bear is worshipped as sun god and war god both.  In their raids, they find the spear brings them luck, and frightens their foes.

The riverlands remain quiet, but as the overfishing of the river continues they are forced to trade their pottery to import more and more foods from the grasslands, forest and hills.  The cult of the Blessed Spirit spreads to a sizeable minority of the rivermen, and the Potter families grow in importance and influence as well.

The barges bring goods up and down the river, but they bring ideas as well.  Riding along with shipments of fish, the primitive notions of healthcare and medicine make it to the Whispering Hills.  In pots of grain and bales of felt, the secrets of weaponcraft make it to the bog, and the bogkin begin to train themselves as a simple militia, arming themselves further against incursion.  And from the bogs, with the herbs and fungi they extract comes the knowledge of how to use them as well.

Two new things come to your attention as you awaken, both ocurring on the Whispering Hills.  The first is that one of the hillfolk has apparently discovered that a particular greenish rock, when cut open with a sharp rock, has a pleasing reddish sheen within.  He has found that he can hammer this new material into different shapes, which it will keep.  There is some excitement at this new material, and simple bangles of it are becoming common as a form of jewellery.

The second are strangers at the tributaries to the Blessed River, coming over the hills with strange animals laden with leather packs full of grains and clayware.  So far, their contact with the hillfolk has been minimal, and the hillfolk have been unwelcoming to potential goat rustlers.

Spoiler: The Blessed River (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Grasslands (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Whispering Hills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glowing Bog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Village of Narsis (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2014, 03:01:41 pm »

I'm joinging the waitlist.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2014, 05:45:20 pm »

The ancestors awaken, stronger than ever. They gather at the shrine and listen...
VIEW: The Shrine, fine focus, try to spot the most devoted followers. (-8 GEN)

General Strength: 56
Cultural Strength: 106

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2014, 06:03:41 pm »

((Hum, is anyone willing to trade some cultural strength for my natural strength? If anyone is up for it I'll put 20 of my natural strength into their acts in exchange for them putting 16 cultural strength into mine. Or 10 for 8. Also. Uh. Are these types of deals allowed Iituem?

Also, I'm glad to see this is still alive. It's certainly been my favorite game for a long time.

Edit: Oh, and to be clear, if you take this deal, you don't need to spend my natural strength now. I'll keep however much I owe you until you decide to use it.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:11:43 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2014, 06:04:43 pm »

((Hum, is anyone willing to trade some cultural strength for my natural strength? If anyone is up for it I'll put 20 of my natural strength into their acts in exchange for them putting 16 cultural strength into mine. Or 10 for 8. Also. Uh. Are these types of deals allowed Iituem?

Also, I'm glad to see this is still alive. It's certainly been my favorite game for a long time.))

Yes they are. :D

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2014, 06:18:44 pm »

(I'll trade, will help with my altering project, gonna make some bear elves)( I only have 13 culture, would you like some general strength?)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:27:57 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2014, 06:41:16 pm »

The ancestors awaken, stronger than ever. They gather at the shrine and listen...
VIEW: The Shrine, fine focus, try to spot the most devoted followers. (-8 GEN)

General Strength: 56
Cultural Strength: 106

(Your cultural strength is 61, not 106.  I have no idea where you got that number from.  o_o  If you added the 56 onto your last cultural amount, that's inaccurate - the 61 is the new total amount (and that's because I didn't call you out on somehow having 45 culture last time) because you gained 16 culture this round.)

Ancestors:  You focus in on the Shrine [-8 GEN] and view and listen to those who visit the shrine.  You find, perhaps to your pleasure or displeasure, that the grounds surrounding the Shrine have largely been converted into fertile farmland due to the calm local weather conditions.  The shrine is also in largely the same condition as when you left it; it has been repaired, but not improved on.  The local cult of the Ancestors is fairly strong, however.  Around thirty people regularly visit the shrine to make small offerings of grain and say prayers, mostly the local farmers, although more pay occasional lip service to the Ancestors.  The cult is quite disorganised, but it has some moderate collective wealth from the fertile fields around it, and you identify half a dozen of the most devout members.  Three are from House Esra, one from House Arvay, one is a particularly comfortable farmer and one is a local woodworker of reasonable means.  Their lives are comfortable and happy, and their requests of the ancestors are mostly 'more of the same'.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:22:51 am by Iituem »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2014, 06:46:29 pm »

View with Broad Focus the swamps (-2 GEN)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2014, 06:56:57 pm »

View with Broad Focus the swamps (-2 GEN)

The Silent Bog is as it ever was.  It has never entirely recovered from the damage it once took, but the ecology of the swamp is stable now.  Its people are few, but they are tight-knit, healthy, happy and dangerous.  Although none of them are warriors, per se, you can sense a certain readiness for combat throughout them.  You will continue this focus for some time, should you wish to look for more, or should anything else happen.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2014, 07:15:55 pm »

(I'll trade, will help with my altering project, gonna make some bear elves)( I only have 13 culture, would you like some general strength?)

((Yeah sure, general strength will work just fine for me. :) ))

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2014, 02:38:28 am »

(
Your cultural strength is 61, not 106.  I have no idea where you got that number from.  o_o  If you added the 56 onto your last cultural amount, that's inaccurate - the 61 is the new total amount (and that's because I didn't call you out on somehow having 45 culture last time) because you gained 16 culture this round.)
Oh, yeah I added the 45 cultural from last turn. But does that men that if I had spent all my points last turn, I would only have regenerated 16 cul this turn?

Also, can I check if the House of Esra is still a devoted worshipper?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:03:25 am by Evil Marahadja »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9