Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Utility/Hack requests  (Read 1154 times)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Utility/Hack requests
« on: December 27, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »

A hack/utility to allow you to embark anywhere. IE in the middles of the mountains.

[ December 27, 2007: Message edited by: Idiom ]

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
Re: Utility/Hack requests
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »

That would result in a instant CTD. There is nowhere for the wagon and dwarves to spawn.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »

But when I embark in a 5x5 area, with only the top left corner desert, I spawn in the middle mountain tile anyway.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:50:00 pm »

Might as well make this thread more useful. Post any utility/hack requests you have here.

Another request of mine:
-an updated lavasquare and watersquare utility for g posted for download on the wiki.

Yet another request:
-The embark squares, would it be possible to identify those individually in the save data? A copy & paste would be nice. Find a pit tile, a chasm tile, a magma tile, and a river tile and stick them all next to each other in a tidy 2x2 (Chasm and river tiles the corner ones of course, flowing off the embark area.)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 12:05:00 am »

It's pretty easy to edit the lavasquare utility for 33g, the wiki has instructions. All you have to do is open the .exe in a hex editor and replace a few lines.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Telltolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Miriscus
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 12:35:00 am »

A utility to automatically build walls and floors, and I'm not talking autohotkey.

Corbine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 07:55:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Telltolin:
<STRONG>A utility to automatically build walls and floors, and I'm not talking autohotkey.</STRONG>

As in like the rewalling abilities of the tile programs in DF classic?

hat

Telltolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Miriscus
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 09:39:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Corbine:
<STRONG>

As in like the rewalling abilities of the tile programs in DF classic?</STRONG>

Precisely. Except I'd like to be able to make a lot in one go, with the use of channel designation or something.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »

How about the tile editing abilities of old? Being able to spawn any stone/gem/mineral/liquid anywhere was rather nice.
quote:
The embark squares, would it be possible to identify those individually in the save data? A copy & paste would be nice.
Anyone think this is remotely plausible? Toady would know better than most of us probably.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Idiom:
<STRONG>-The embark squares, would it be possible to identify those individually in the save data? A copy & paste would be nice. Find a pit tile, a chasm tile, a magma tile, and a river tile and stick them all next to each other in a tidy 2x2 (Chasm and river tiles the corner ones of course, flowing off the embark area.)</STRONG>

You want to rearrange the positions of the local-map features, is that right?

I don't know enough to add or delete them, but I think I know enough to move them to other positions.

So.

Convince me that I should.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 12:55:00 am »

Custom starting locations is why. How often does a demon pit, a chasm, running water, and magma occur next to each other?
I personally want a chasm moat around a bunch of demon pits, magma, and cave rivers in a central mountainous tower.

[ December 29, 2007: Message edited by: Idiom ]

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 06:35:00 am »

I'd love a map editor  :(

Thallone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 12:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by 0x517A5D:
<STRONG>

You want to rearrange the positions of the local-map features, is that right?

I don't know enough to add or delete them, but I think I know enough to move them to other positions.

So.

Convince me that I should.</STRONG>

I'd like to be able to move them for the same reasons as everyone else. To get better game performance without sacrificing features. Getting all features in a 2x2 map would allow maximum features in minimum map space.

OTOH, it would also break the game, as one could easily find a location such as the original Paul's location, and simply move the features under the limestone and magnetite areas to eliminate having unproductive areas. Furthermore it would allow players to embark directly on top of the demon pits. I also fear it may break other game elements as well such as vermin (spiders for example) locations.

One thing I'd love to see added though, if you can, is cave/crypt locations. Since we're able to see all the other goodies, that would be an awesome bonus.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Thallone:
<STRONG>I'd like to be able to move them for the same reasons as everyone else. To get better game performance without sacrificing features. Getting all features in a 2x2 map would allow maximum features in minimum map space.</STRONG>

Mm hmmm, but once you put in a magma pipe, chasm, water feature, and pits, there is no space for minerals left.

quote:
<STRONG>OTOH, it would also break the game, </STRONG>

That is my concern.  But I guess "cheating" in a single-player game is a matter of player preference.

quote:
<STRONG>One thing I'd love to see added though, if you can, is cave/crypt locations. Since we're able to see all the other goodies, that would be an awesome bonus.</STRONG>

I agree with this, but I haven't found them yet.  From program behavior, I think they're stored in the same way as towns and goblin towers, so that will hopefully give me some clues.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »

I'd rather like a utility that would find all magma tiles and bring them up to 7/7.

[ December 29, 2007: Message edited by: Tahin ]

Pages: [1] 2