Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No migrants  (Read 591 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No migrants
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:29:48 pm »

So I just got an announcement for autumn and I just realized......I never got my first migrant wave. My civilization seems to still be alive, It has a queen, diplomat, and etc, not on site.

EDIT: I also just got a caravan and liaison.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:36:34 pm by locustgate »

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: No migrants
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:00:27 pm »

check your d_init.txt for [strict_population_cap]. If it doesn't have any, you won't get any migrants or babies.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:04:25 pm »

I thought the first 2 migrations were hard coded. i.e. no matter what the cap they would show.

EDIT: THe cap is 220

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:24 pm »

Same problem here. Using DF Starter Pack. Tried two different games, different location, etc. Had contact with the 3 races, traded with them, no attacks, no problems. But never got past the initial 7 dwarfs. no one shows up, after 2 years ingame.

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »

the d_init has the following:

[POPULATION_CAP:200]
[BABY_CHILD_CAP:50:30]

didnt see the [strict_population_cap]. Is it supposed to be on the d_init or its the same as [POPULATION_CAP:200] ?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »

the d_init has the following:

[POPULATION_CAP:200]
[BABY_CHILD_CAP:50:30]

didnt see the [strict_population_cap]. Is it supposed to be on the d_init or its the same as [POPULATION_CAP:200] ?

It's right below population_cap. In .05

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 07:18:21 pm »

My d_init doenst have it. Im using the .05 DF STarter pack from peridexis. WHat value should i use on the strict ? same as pop cap ?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »

My d_init doenst have it. Im using the .05 DF STarter pack from peridexis. WHat value should i use on the strict ? same as pop cap ?

Same.. It was the default values of my population.

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 07:26:59 pm »

Downloaded the DF 40.05 from bay12 and used the d_init from it.

Thank you very much for the help! Was going crazy trying to find out what was wrong

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 07:30:49 pm »

Downloaded the DF 40.05 from bay12 and used the d_init from it.

Thank you very much for the help! Was going crazy trying to find out what was wrong

I'm currently using DF(site) it and still doing it.

Nihilich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 07:41:41 pm »

So I just got an announcement for autumn and I just realized......I never got my first migrant wave. My civilization seems to still be alive, It has a queen, diplomat, and etc, not on site.

Yeah. Retire your fort and check legends mode. I thought migrants and caravans were bugged too, but in actuality I was on the other side of the world from my civ and they were still traveling to my site.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »

Yeah. Retire your fort and check legends mode. I thought migrants and caravans were bugged too, but in actuality I was on the other side of the world from my civ and they were still traveling to my site.

I'm in a small world with 1 land mass.

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 06:42:15 pm »

Try creating a new world, with small history, like 100 years or so. From old forum posts I read that its possible (or at least was) that in rare occasions the civilizations get wiped out (or close to) during history and it affects the migrants.

If the problem persists in a new world, than you should probably report the issue in the bug tracker.