Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action  (Read 52187 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Ciero
« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2014, 03:29:13 am »

"It does appear so. I was merely looking for this place, as I did not know of any local tribes. I assure you, I come with no ill intentions."

"But what is the issue, if I may ask?"

Speak. In the local language if I happen to know it, naturally.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2014, 04:08:09 am »

Well, looks like I found some hawks. And they got the priest. First of all...

Get behind a rock and unsling my rifle.

Now... time to shoot some birds.

Shoot the one with the repeater first. Then the others.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2014, 05:44:41 am »

Go ahead and fix my nose back. See about finding some work
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 18, 2014, 08:23:27 am »

((It's fine.))

The shadow walks up towards the crowd to see what else the man does.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2014, 08:39:51 am »

Jim nods, and grabs a horse, heading out of town to look for the killer.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2014, 09:04:28 am »

((What about my poker money GM? :D))

Seek Father Gregor in the church, if he is not there sell guns in the meantime. Start a small opium garden close to church, for 'medical purposes'.

"Where might my amigo, Padre Gregor, be? Might as well make some money for the proyecto in the meantime."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2014, 12:28:16 pm »

Michael considers his options. If the man he shot in the foot dropped his handgun, he would try to get to it and use his last three revolver bullets to shoot anyone in his way. If the man didn't drop his gun for some reason, Michael would back up the mountain and shoot if any of the men got within 5 feet of him. Should be pretty damn hard to miss at that distance.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2014, 12:59:30 pm »

"Oh. I just like to keep an eye on the men in town... For my own reasons, no? If you plan on lingering for much longer, perhaps we shall be in touch?"

Blood opal offers the men a sweet smile.

---

With that, the bandit returns to her 'hideout' to visit with her singular minion. "Today is going to be a big day for us... I can feel it. There was a murder last night, and we are going to distract the cops by accusing some dopey Cudralian men of committing it and getting a lynch mob going. Once the party starts, we sneak away, and cause trouble. Would you be so kind as to visit the sheriffs office and either fill out some paperwork about what happened yesterday, or file some petty complaint? Oh, and while you are there, take note of whoever they happen to be jailing. I'm thinking we might have a little jailbreak this evening..."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:58 pm »

"Wine, water, or juice, mam." He states simply
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2014, 05:33:57 pm »

Carter returns to the saloon to do some gambling, betting normally, and to listen up for possible business opportunities.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2014, 05:41:45 pm »

((What about my poker money GM? :D))

My apologies, I've added that in. It's not enough to start up an Inn, but having a good sum of cash is around gives you many options.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2014, 09:40:00 am »

((I just noticed that I somehow gained $74.13. Pretty sure this is a mistake of some kind.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2014, 10:57:05 am »

((I just noticed that I somehow gained $74.13. Pretty sure this is a mistake of some kind.))

That was for Josse, my bad.

Expect a turn soon.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Good Shootin'
« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »

Look around for more gold, precious, shiny gold, beautiful, gold, GOLD, I'M RICH! Oh no, what if someone takes it away!? I must mark this spot, when I will get matches and some more dynamite, I will mine here. This gold is so beautiful! Try to dig a small hole to maybe find some more nuggets.

Alrah Vanness succumbs to gold lust and marks the spot where he found the gold with a cluster of rocks, and commits to memory. Now he decides that he will dig to find more nuggets. [4] He digs his hole with his shovel, turning up chunks of dirt and pieces of rock to find nothing. Before he can dig very far, he hears the sound of horses. He looks up, and spots a wagon full of travelers descending upon his location. When they get close, they would easily be able to see that he Alrah was digging for gold.
And now it looks like one of the Deputies has rode up and spotted Alrah as well. Ah hell, it was like the whole damn town was showing up!

I ask Tuypo's employees how well they got to know him in the day or so that they worked for him, and ask if they can think of any reason someone would want him dead. I then ask Biggs and the Mayor about any previous murders in New Jamestown. Finally, I cite a bit of (nonexistent) Seugden law that states that by having defeated Tuypo in the duel, and Tuypo having no next of kin, I can declare myself as his heir and now own the Brothel and the land it is built on. I then hang around the Brothel for a while, hoping the killer will return to the scene of the crime.

Keld Cenek speaks to the girls who worked for Tuypo during the single day he was their employer. Again, the tall skinny brunette girl is the one to talk, Keld gets the sense that she's the leader of their little trio. "Seemed cute and nice, rambling on 'bout gender equalism or somethin' like that. I don't know anyone in particular who'd want him dead, but the way I heard folks was talkin' 'bout him, I really ain't surprised with what happened."

His next action in the case is to speak to Sheriff Biggs and Mayor Huxley about the previous murders in New Jamestown. Biggs speak up, "Usually, murders aren't kept secret. Someone breaks the rules of a duel, or a gang of bandits or Hontato ride through town and start shooting the place up, that's usually how it goes." Huxley leans on his desk, "You know, there was the case of Alexander Kristonoff, who would go out at night and attack vulnerable citizens, children, women, elders, and so on, with a hammer. A number of them died, and when we caught him we simply transported him to the closet state prison, where he was hung."
Keld stands up, and states the Seugden law that as the winner of the duel with Tuypo, and him lacking any next of kin, the land of the Brothel now belonged to him. Huxley comments on the foreign law, "While we don't adopt any other law of the land outside Vespuccian law, I suppose that it would be best that the Brothel establishment fall into the hands of the law. I will allow you to manage and hold ownership of it, at least temporarily."

Keld stands outside the Brothel, waiting to see if the killer would return. He looks around expectantly, but only manages to see regular townfolk heading over to that place and this place. That is, until a lanky fellow with straw-yellow hair comes over. He coughs before asking, "Is the cathouse still open?" His voice has the rasp of a smoker.

"It does appear so. I was merely looking for this place, as I did not know of any local tribes. I assure you, I come with no ill intentions."

"But what is the issue, if I may ask?"

Speak. In the local language if I happen to know it, naturally.

Sister Marjorie Swift replies to the Hontato Warrior, who raises his eyebrows as she speaks. He replies in his tribe's tongue, "I did not expect you to know the Hontato Language, I've never met a white person who could." She asks him about the issue. He shakes his head in pity, "One of our greatest hunters was skewered by a wild boar very badly. One of your doctor's came to help, but he could do nothing. The hunter's wife believes that he may even have made it worse. It hasn't even been an hour since he has ascended into the Celestial Domain."

Well, looks like I found some hawks. And they got the priest. First of all...

Get behind a rock and unsling my rifle.

Now... time to shoot some birds.

Shoot the one with the repeater first. Then the others.

John Ashwood pulls out his Hunting Rifle, staying hidden in the grass with his eyes on the bandits. He aims down his sight on the one carrying a Repeater, with his back exposed. (7+1 vs. 9) Birds fly into the sky as the man's hat flies right off his head, but is otherwise unharmed. "Sonofa-who the hell?" John hurries to load another bullet as the bandits twist and turn around, looking for the location of their unseen shooter. (8+1 vs. 4) This time, the shot hits the dis-hatted man square in the chest, sending him flying back into the tall grass, his Repeater falling to the ground.
 (6) One of the bandits waves in John's general direction, "The shot came from there!" (8+1 vs. 3) While the bandit signals to his companion, John hits him right in the neck. He clutches his wound, falling over. (1-2 vs. 5) The last standing bandit, scared as hell, pulls out his Revolver and begins to shoot wildly, all of his bullets missing John by a mile; to make matters even worse, his gun jams. "Goddamn shit!" (10+1 vs. 1) That's the last thing he says before the front of his head explodes in a mist of blood and other fluids.

John Ashwood steps forward, overlooking his results. Two of the bandits are dead, the first one is barely clutching to life as he crawls away, leaving a trail of blood on the ground. Father Gregory looks up at him, bound and gagged, dried blood marking the clergyman's face and head.

Go ahead and fix my nose back. See about finding some work

Greg Whiskey, now reunited with booze, decides to fix his nose. He believes it has something to do with putting in back in place, but as an alcoholic bum he knows nothing of any medicine; he'll need a professional to check it out.

(8) In his quest for a job, Greg finds through flyers that Ciero is hiring laborers to construct the Railway and its accompanying Station. Additionally, the one of the bars in Ciero is looking for a pianist and the Postal Office wants a night guard.

The shadow walks up towards the crowd to see what else the man does.

The Quian man collects the money in the hat and stuffs it in his coat pockets. He walks away and the crowd disperses. He notices The Shadow staring at him. "Is there something you want?"

Jim nods, and grabs a horse, heading out of town to look for the killer.

Jim takes one of the official Police Horses and rides out of central New Jamestown, towards the Outskirt areas first. He looks at the homes on the Outskirts, which are populated by only a handful of people. There's the Beiner's, a family of hunters who typically keep to themselves unless they're in town to buy supplies or go to Church, Lady Victoria, a kindly crippled window, Carl Dumont, a mapmaker, and Bismark, an eccentric fellow living in a shack who insists that he is the Emperor of the Prussian Empire.

Down towards the Desert, (4) Jim sees little of notice besides a passing wagon and a vagrant-type digging up the ground.

Seek Father Gregor in the church, if he is not there sell guns in the meantime. Start a small opium garden close to church, for 'medical purposes'.

"Where might my amigo, Padre Gregor, be? Might as well make some money for the proyecto in the meantime."

Josse heads back to the Church, and looks around to find that Father Gregory isn't back in his natural habitat. Josse decides to help sell guns, but the guys left in charge tell him the stock is running low. "We've been selling but nothing new has come in. Father Gregory was supposed to get some new cargo comin' in."

With a severe case of "Deadlydiseasenesia", Josse begins planting an Opium Garden next to the Church to "treat" his "symptoms". Josse plants some seeds in the ground, and with the right attention and care, they will grow up to be strong, plentiful plants in the future capable of inflicting dozens of new people with horrible narcotic addictions. Hooray for Botany.

Michael considers his options. If the man he shot in the foot dropped his handgun, he would try to get to it and use his last three revolver bullets to shoot anyone in his way. If the man didn't drop his gun for some reason, Michael would back up the mountain and shoot if any of the men got within 5 feet of him. Should be pretty damn hard to miss at that distance.

Micheal Shawns squares down with the Black Hood Gang, backing further up the mountain as the knife-wielding assailants continue to trudge after him. (9+1 vs. 2) His first shot gets two of them straight through the chest, the bullet coming out the backside of one and through the other. (9+1 vs. 7) He shots the last knife man in the elbow, bringing massive carnage to the bone; he lives, but falls in great pain. (9+1 vs. 4) With his final bullet, the foot-wounded hoodlum catches a piece of lead straight to the face, and falls out of cover onto the ground. The end result of Shawn's shooting is 2 crippled hoods, and 3 dead ones.

"Oh. I just like to keep an eye on the men in town... For my own reasons, no? If you plan on lingering for much longer, perhaps we shall be in touch?"

Blood opal offers the men a sweet smile.

---

With that, the bandit returns to her 'hideout' to visit with her singular minion. "Today is going to be a big day for us... I can feel it. There was a murder last night, and we are going to distract the cops by accusing some dopey Cudralian men of committing it and getting a lynch mob going. Once the party starts, we sneak away, and cause trouble. Would you be so kind as to visit the sheriffs office and either fill out some paperwork about what happened yesterday, or file some petty complaint? Oh, and while you are there, take note of whoever they happen to be jailing. I'm thinking we might have a little jailbreak this evening..."

Blood Opal converses with the Cudralian men, giving her reason for keeping watch on the men of New Jamestown before making an offer to keep in touch. The two men speak to each other in their native tongue. "Alright, we will see each other again. Don't go far!"

Blood Opal flirtatiously exits the scenario before heading back to her secret hideout. She explains her plan to her minion, and when she asks him for the favor, he looks up at her from his position slumped over on the table, blood-shot eyes and a grip on a half-empty bottle of beer. "....who'ere you lady?"

"Wine, water, or juice, mam." He states simply

"One moment please dearest." Lady Victoria hobbles outside as Jimmy Johnson continues to work on the roof, later coming outside with a glass of applejuice. After he finishes his drink, (8) the roof is quickly completed. Victoria looks over his handiwork, "Fine job you've done here lad! Come inside, I'll start supper."

Carter returns to the saloon to do some gambling, betting normally, and to listen up for possible business opportunities.

Carter Duffield heads back to the Saloon to gamble in a Poker game with some of the usual players. (4+1) Carter wins a dollar, not any sizable victory. He keeps his ears open for any opportunities for business. (5) In the table next to him, he hears discussion regarding WesternLink Inc. selling stocks of their company out in the Homestead.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Reserve (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:35:06 pm by TCM »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Fine Shootin'
« Reply #374 on: September 23, 2014, 07:58:57 pm »

"No, was just wondering how ya did that little trick with the knife throw."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28