Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action  (Read 52255 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Who Dun It?
« Reply #315 on: September 01, 2014, 01:56:17 pm »

That hit the spot. Now, back to job hunting.

Ask the bartender if he knows of any interesting rumors, and inquire about any people who might be interested in services I am able to offer, namely shooting people in the face.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 01, 2014, 02:32:02 pm »

'It looks like you want to capitalize on your profits Mr Carter.'

I keep a poker face for a while and then smile widely.

'I like that in people, I'm kind of a bussinesman myself. I accept the challenge. And after we are done with all this great fun you have offered us tonight maybe lets talk bussines amigo.'

Play neutraly and limit myself to $50 losses.
"The last name's Duffield, but you can just call me Carter.

"And if you can make deals as well as you play cards, Mr. Rojillovarón, then I think you will make a most valuable business partner indeed."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 01, 2014, 04:40:27 pm »

"...I am sorry about that. He will die soon anyways, unfortunately. Do you think I could try to help him later when his wife sleeps?"

"How will you help him if he will die?"
"Death comes to us all eventually. I can try to prevent it, but I can not reverse it. And an accidentally cut blood vessel is probably less painful than a slow death by illness."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 01, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »

"...I am sorry about that. He will die soon anyways, unfortunately. Do you think I could try to help him later when his wife sleeps?"

"Death comes to us all eventually. I can try to prevent it, but I can not reverse it. And an accidentally cut blood vessel is probably less painful than a slow death by illness."

The guide places a hand on Drew Whiteford's shoulder, "Yes, but his wound came from a creature of nature. Cutting him would be your act, a man's act, not one of nature. Do not interfere with nature. Interference could bring doom to the whole tribe...."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 01, 2014, 06:43:32 pm »

Ignore this post.

Forgot to log out on my brother's (aka Josse's) laptop.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:42:03 am by Hawk132 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 01, 2014, 09:29:42 pm »

DELETE

It doesn't say that this post was edited, so now I'm curious to know what the reason for this post.

But then again it's your business really, so you don't have to. I just saw it and went "Huh, that's interesting."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 01, 2014, 09:31:03 pm »

It was edited, but he edited it in, what, first five minutes? I think that's how it works. It said that maybe he should just go shoot the guy who won 360 dollars in the back and rob him.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 02, 2014, 12:05:50 am »

DELETE

It doesn't say that this post was edited, so now I'm curious to know what the reason for this post.
It seems I forgot to log out off my account while using my older brothers (he's the guy playing Josse) laptop (my PC got damaged thanks to a lightning strike (should have it back tommorow :))) and it looks like he didn't notice and realize he could simply go back and the post wouldn't be there.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 02, 2014, 05:23:03 am »

((Yup exactly as my bro says. Now back to the !!MYSTERY!! solving [and making cash]!))

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 02, 2014, 09:08:22 am »

The guide places a hand on Drew Whiteford's shoulder, "Yes, but his wound came from a creature of nature. Cutting him would be your act, a man's act, not one of nature. Do not interfere with nature. Interference could bring doom to the whole tribe...."
"Ok. I am sorry I could not do more. I suppose I should leave now."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2014, 02:12:07 pm »

[/quote]

The guide nods, "Her husband is not far from death, so it would be good before you leave and she blames you for the result. You did help, so before you leave, take this." He reaches into his pouch and pulls out a blue-greenish fern, presenting it to Whiteford. "This is a Guyomba Root. If you come into trouble, eat it. It may taste bitter, but it gives you energy and strength to survive a time when you need to fight or run. Take it and go, before the unrest starts. Good luck on your journeys, traveler."

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2014, 12:24:44 am »

The guide nods, "Her husband is not far from death, so it would be good before you leave and she blames you for the result. You did help, so before you leave, take this." He reaches into his pouch and pulls out a blue-greenish fern, presenting it to Whiteford. "This is a Guyomba Root. If you come into trouble, eat it. It may taste bitter, but it gives you energy and strength to survive a time when you need to fight or run. Take it and go, before the unrest starts. Good luck on your journeys, traveler."
[/quote]"Thank you. The homesteads were on the roads I was traveling?" Go there.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Death of a Pimp
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2014, 09:53:53 pm »

"I ain't got no money! Some damn Thief stole it while I was drunk, an' the only thing Ah know ta do other than drink is fight, so ah thought i'd get som money from beating you up. I'm better when I'm drunk".

Try to get back up

Greg Whiskey stumbles to his feet, explaining his situation to the man demanding the money. Mammoth walks up to Greg, his face contorted between confusion and frustration. [8+1 vs. 4-1] He headbutts Greg faster than he can react, slamming his forehead and breaking Greg's nose in one move, sending him crashing to the floor harder than ever. "Well you better have the money the next time I see you drunk. There won't be a lawman waiting to cover you after he finds out you legally owe me bucks." As he walks away, Greg falls into an unconscious state yet again.

When he awakes again, it's much later. The pain is gone, but Greg can still feel his nose out of place. And while he feels better a first, he feels a crippling sickness in his stomach and a bad headache. He hasn't had a drink in a long time, and he feels awful in every way, and until he gets a drink it's only going to get worse.

Blood Opal shakes her head, perhaps she had overestimated the drunk. At least the lawman had left, and the tournament was over. Now it was payout time. She watches Carter hand out money, and if it looks like there isn't enough to go around, she proceeds to whip up the assembled saloon patronage against him.

If the man has the money to pay his debts, however, it might be more prudent and profitable to grant him a more private and individualized death at a later time.

Blood Opal disengages the fight as it was less exciting and dynamic than she had predicted. Instead she goes back to the Saloon, where the Poker Tournament has concluded. She comes up with a new plan to rile up the crowd if Carter Duffield isn't able to pay back his dues, but in the end he pays everyone what they rightfully deserve. As the richest man in town, Opal decides that she won't interfere in his doings, at least for now.

"Christ, what just happened? He's dead! Well, better see what he's got on him, I need cash more than he does now. Keld quickly searches Tuypo and takes anything of value, then closes the Brothelier(?)'s eyes and runs, quietly so as not to wake anyone, to get the sheriff.

"Mr.... Biggs? I may have just been the witness of a murder. My opponent from earlier today is dead, killed with a blade, and I was witness to his final moments. Perhaps we, you as well Mr. Jim, should head to the Brothel and see if his employees know what happened to him.

If anyone comes with him, after heading back to the body and investigating it Keld quietly heads down to the Brothel to see if anyone there has any idea what happened.
Jim quickly downs his whiskey, and stands up, walking over to Keld. He puts his hat back on, and smiles at Keld.

"I guess story time is over, boss. Time for us to go back to work.

Say, I don't think I ever caught your name."

Keld Cenek searches Tuypo's body; he picks up the Knife, Rope, Condoms (Unused!), and $12. Keld then shuts Tuypo's eyes for the last time and quietly makes his way back to the Sheriff's office.

Sheriff Biggs and Jim Henson are interrupted when Keld barges in with a report of yet another murder in New Jamestown. With story time on pause, the three lawmen head out to the body, which has already been recovered by the Church and placed in the graveyard, yet to be buried. The three of them observe the cadaver, it has already grown pale and stiff. Sheriff Biggs takes particular interest in the stab wounds, "One of these would be 'nuff to do you in. These ain't normal stabs though, some sorta' sword or spear by a trained person, possibly a fencer, or maybe a bayonet?"

Henson and Biggs continue to look over the body, while Keld who was already seen it goes over to the Brothel. The three girls are standing out, aware of what's happened. Keld asks them if they know what happened, and the tall, skinny brunette prostitute steps forward. "I was getting ready in my room for work, putting on make-up, when I heard someone come in. I peeked outside and saw Mr. Tuypo talking to someone covered in a black outfit that hid their face. I just figured they was wearin' it so they wouldn't get recognized coming here. I thought they would be a customer so I stayed in my room and waited if I got picked, but they never came. I came back out about half-an-hour later, and they's were already movin' him to the cemetery."

Another one of the girls pipes up, "We traveled two days to get here after hearin' about work. Our last boss got jailed, and so we came here broke. How the hell we supposed to feed ourselves now? Y'all startin' a frontier town, I would think you would want a workin' brothel outta' all places."

Michael pays $2 for a place to sleep for the night. If the miner tries to rob him or anything, he'll shoot him.

Micheal Shawns follows the Miner to the outskirts of town, settling into his modest tent, complete with a pot and a fireplace, and pays his rent of $2. He goes to bed, knowing he'll need to be wide awake tomorrow to find the Mountain Men...
He awakens several hours later well rested. The Miner is still sleeping. It is dark, but the Sun will be up soon, and the moon illuminates the landscape well enough that he could start his journey now, if he wished.

Alright, well it sounds like I've come out ahead then. I see no need to keep people angry with me, so I'll pay out the winnings now. And I'll offer the top three players to join me in a final final round where we bet our own money.

Carter pays out what he owes people and proposes the top three winners join him in a last round where everyone plays with their own money. Carter will bet normally.
'It looks like you want to capitalize on your profits Mr Carter.'

I keep a poker face for a while and then smile widely.

'I like that in people, I'm kind of a bussinesman myself. I accept the challenge. And after we are done with all this great fun you have offered us tonight maybe lets talk bussines amigo.'

Play neutraly and limit myself to $50 losses.

Carter Duffield fairly and properly pays the players their dues, huge sums of cash distributed to them. These leaves him with under $200, much less than he had previously, but still a very respectable amount. He offers a final game of Poker, which Josse agrees to, complementing Duffield's business strategy. Gale Hawthorne begins to sit only for Hector Wales to sneer, "Shit Gale, we're the winners here! No need getting anymore money. This suit is trying to just take back your cash. We both got more money combined than he does! You and me, let's get outta' this dustbin and head North. We could buy Cattle or some of those new Railcars!" Gale looks at Hector, then at Carter, and back at Hector. "...you make a good point!" He stands, the two winners moving towards the door. Hector chortles, "I don't see any reason to spend more of my time with these poormen, y'all enjoy the cheap whiskey and whores, yu' here me?"

Josse and Carter, in the midst of things, realize they can't exactly start a real competitive Poker match with just the two of them.

Sue nods and goes to start travelling again.

Sue departs the Old Lady and gets back on the Wagon, he's going to have to make up time for everything that's happened, so he quickly sets out for Ciero.
[2]
The Shadow goes at a fast clip, quickly coming to terms that he may have made a mistake. It's much darker than before, and he loses track of the road. Looking around, he knows he's on a path, but he's not sure where it leads to. Any sign of New Jamestown is now gone under the cover of darkness. It's just him, the wagon and the horses out here. The only thing he can make out in the blackness are the mountains to the North. As if things weren't bad enough, he hears a back of Coyotes howling somewhere in the distance.

That hit the spot. Now, back to job hunting.

Ask the bartender if he knows of any interesting rumors, and inquire about any people who might be interested in services I am able to offer, namely shooting people in the face.

John Ashwood talks to the Bartender in hopes of getting some sort of new employment. "Well, lately the Sheriff has been needing all the help he can get. Maybe he could get something for you. If you're really looking for something exciting that lets you take out your gun as much as you want, you could always head down South towards Cudraldo. They have bandit problems down there, so a lot of the towns employ Bounty Hunters, and the Army is recruiting, but don't tell anyone I said that last part to you. Don't want to be seen as some sorta' sympathizer."

Go east! Seek the tribe!
"Thank you. The homesteads were on the roads I was traveling?" Go there.

Doctor Drew Whiteford accepts the Guyomba Root, stuffing it into a jacket pocket.. "Thank you. The homesteads were on the roads I was traveling?" "Yes. Farewell, may the Spirits watch over you, Doctor." He quickly leaves the Hontato town before troubles arise. Before he gets far, he hears the sound of hooves coming on top of his position...

Meanwhile, Sister Marjorie Swift actively looks for a way to go to the tribe, picking East for a direction to the travel in. [4] She goes over the dirt and stones in the darkness, not finding any Hontato, but coming across the peculiar sight of a well-dressed white man on foot going in the opposite direction.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Reserve (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 04, 2014, 09:57:03 pm »

"The Shadow attempts to start a fire to scare the cyotes off.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 04, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »

"Looks like someone really didn't want him getting back up. Overkill, definitely."

"Most of the people here don't use swords, but people from out of town wouldn't have a reason to kill him..."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28