Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action  (Read 52285 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Who Dun It?
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2014, 06:36:54 pm »

"Alright, you two work this out. Personally, I suggest you give the man his money, or he might beat you up any more. I'd stop him, but I need to go talk to my boss."

Jim holsters his gun, and casually walks over to the sheriff's office. When he gets there, he relays the news of the day to the Sheriff.

"So, we've got a man executed with a revolver for, what was the word, "disrespecting a lady" or something like that, a brothel opening, a brothel owner challenging a Segudian immigrant to a duel involving tying each other up, and a poker tournament that didn't end with someone dying. I have to admit, it's been a weird day. You don't still keep that bottle of whiskey in your desk, do you? I think I might need a drink or five."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:25 pm »

"My names Sue."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2014, 06:52:59 pm »

Blood Opal shakes her head, perhaps she had overestimated the drunk. At least the lawman had left, and the tournament was over. Now it was payout time. She watches Carter hand out money, and if it looks like there isn't enough to go around, she proceeds to whip up the assembled saloon patronage against him.

If the man has the money to pay his debts, however, it might be more prudent and profitable to grant him a more private and individualized death at a later time.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2014, 06:58:38 pm »

"Alright, you two work this out. Personally, I suggest you give the man his money, or he might beat you up any more. I'd stop him, but I need to go talk to my boss."

Jim holsters his gun, and casually walks over to the sheriff's office. When he gets there, he relays the news of the day to the Sheriff.

"So, we've got a man executed with a revolver for, what was the word, "disrespecting a lady" or something like that, a brothel opening, a brothel owner challenging a Segudian immigrant to a duel involving tying each other up, and a poker tournament that didn't end with someone dying. I have to admit, it's been a weird day. You don't still keep that bottle of whiskey in your desk, do you? I think I might need a drink or five."

Sheriff Biggs takes the bottle out and places it on his desk, "Well then take some, damnit." He sits down on his chair, flicking his beard while gazing at the window outside. "Somethin' tells me things are only going to get worse around here. The first year or so it was nice and quiet besides an 'casional bar fight or horse thief. We were small then, but people kept on comin'. And the more people are headin' somewhere, even more are bound to follow. It's beginin' to feel real crowded in all honesty. I've been thinking about asking the Mayor to construct a real Jail, so we can move from this pitiful office room. One with a few jail cells and space for even more duties. We'll be needin' all the hands we can get on board."

"My names Sue."

"...Why hello Sue. That's an interesting name, but I don't see what could be so humorous regarding it."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 31, 2014, 07:08:29 pm »

Jim casually takes a drink, and hands Biggs the bottle.

"When twenty new people show up every day, and most of them have guns, you just know something bad's going to happen. I mean, we almost had a riot today over a brothel! Personally, I don't like having that kind of thing in town, but I sure as hell wouldn't kill a man for it."

Jim stares out the same window Biggs was looking out.

"I mean, we aren't some "built in a day" rail town any more. We're a real town, with real people, who have real problems, and try to find real solutions for them. A lot of the time, for one reason or another, the solution they decide on involves killing people. I mean, stagecoaches leave the town and minutes later you hear gunshots. It just plain isn't the same."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2014, 07:15:25 pm »

Jim casually takes a drink, and hands Biggs the bottle.

"When twenty new people show up every day, and most of them have guns, you just know something bad's going to happen. I mean, we almost had a riot today over a brothel! Personally, I don't like having that kind of thing in town, but I sure as hell wouldn't kill a man for it."

Jim stares out the same window Biggs was looking out.

"I mean, we aren't some "built in a day" rail town any more. We're a real town, with real people, who have real problems, and try to find real solutions for them. A lot of the time, for one reason or another, the solution they decide on involves killing people. I mean, stagecoaches leave the town and minutes later you hear gunshots. It just plain isn't the same."

Biggs pours himself a glass of the strong stuff. "I hafta' agree. You know what's peculiar? When they started this country, they took a whole bunch of nothing and built a civilization on it. It's over a hundred years later and I see all this out here, and it feels like we've gone backwards."

Biggs takes a drink, and sadly looks at the ground. Eager to switch to something more light-hearted he turns his chair towards his deputy, "So Jim, are you still with that girl? What's her name again...Patricia...Jennifer...Alice, right?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2014, 07:22:24 pm »

"... Oh right, the get up... Anyways, I'm a boy. Have you ever heard of a well respected man named Sue?""

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2014, 07:27:45 pm »

"I ain't got no money! Some damn Thief stole it while I was drunk, an' the only thing Ah know ta do other than drink is fight, so ah thought i'd get som money from beating you up. I'm better when I'm drunk".

Try to get back up
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2014, 07:28:42 pm »

"... Oh right, the get up... Anyways, I'm a boy. Have you ever heard of a well respected man named Sue?""

"No I haven't but I see no reason why won't couldn't be called as such."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »

Jim turns back towards Biggs.

"Alice. Haven't seen her in a while, she's staying somewhere a few towns back. Brought her with me on the train out here, and this town was just perfect. It was a great place, but...they didn't need a gunman living there..."

Jim stares at his glass of whiskey for a few seconds, and downs it quickly.

"Her dad ran a grocers, back where I'm from. Met her when we were just kids. Don't know what she does now, haven't seen her in the better part of a year. Figured she'd be better off without me...you know boss, I can't imagine what it's like for your wife. I mean, this town is insane. Every day you go out and do your job, very well, I might add, and every day she has to make peace with the possibility that that'll be the last time she ever saw you alive."

Jim stares out the window.

"It's a wonderful, beautiful, ugly and hateful world out there boss. I'm not sure how anyone manages it."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2014, 07:34:27 pm »

Out of curiousity, about how much money do I owe people, currently?

Also, I like the way you set up the murder mystery. Kinda reminds me of when Mr. Burns got shot on the Simpsons.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2014, 07:46:41 pm »

Jim turns back towards Biggs.

"Alice. Haven't seen her in a while, she's staying somewhere a few towns back. Brought her with me on the train out here, and this town was just perfect. It was a great place, but...they didn't need a gunman living there..."

Jim stares at his glass of whiskey for a few seconds, and downs it quickly.

"Her dad ran a grocers, back where I'm from. Met her when we were just kids. Don't know what she does now, haven't seen her in the better part of a year. Figured she'd be better off without me...you know boss, I can't imagine what it's like for your wife. I mean, this town is insane. Every day you go out and do your job, very well, I might add, and every day she has to make peace with the possibility that that'll be the last time she ever saw you alive."

Jim stares out the window.

"It's a wonderful, beautiful, ugly and hateful world out there boss. I'm not sure how anyone manages it."

"She's a strong woman Jim. Takes care of the kids, the house, and the animals. She can lift and shot a gun just as good as any man. She's the type of female that can handle it out here, believe it or not, there's a few of them. We've talked about it, but even if something happened to me, she could take care of herself, so I pray to God."

Out of curiousity, about how much money do I owe people, currently?

Also, I like the way you set up the murder mystery. Kinda reminds me of when Mr. Burns got shot on the Simpsons.

The total pot for the tournament came out to $593. So currently, based on your original system, you owe:

Gale Hawthorne - 1st Place: $296.50
Hector Wales - 2nd Place: $148.25
Jossé Rojillovarón - 3rd Place: $74.13
And $74.13 for yourself.

As for the final round betting, you owe back $20 out of the $32 you got.

And I have to admit the death of Mr. Burns did cross my mind as I wrote the scene.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »

Jim nods, and pours himself a tiny half-glass of whiskey.

"Wouldn't want to empty your private reserve.

Say, Sheriff, I don't think you ever told me where you met your wife. Seems like it would be a good story."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 31, 2014, 08:02:37 pm »

"Christ, what just happened? He's dead! Well, better see what he's got on him, I need cash more than he does now. Keld quickly searches Tuypo and takes anything of value, then closes the Brothelier(?)'s eyes and runs, quietly so as not to wake anyone, to get the sheriff.

"Mr.... Biggs? I may have just been the witness of a murder. My opponent from earlier today is dead, killed with a blade, and I was witness to his final moments. Perhaps we, you as well Mr. Jim, should head to the Brothel and see if his employees know what happened to him.

If anyone comes with him, after heading back to the body and investigating it Keld quietly heads down to the Brothel to see if anyone there has any idea what happened.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:19:14 pm by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 31, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »

Jim quickly downs his whiskey, and stands up, walking over to Keld. He puts his hat back on, and smiles at Keld.

"I guess story time is over, boss. Time for us to go back to work.

Say, I don't think I ever caught your name."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28