Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action  (Read 52119 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Fine Shootin'
« Reply #390 on: September 27, 2014, 11:51:53 am »

The shadow nods and goes to find an inn.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2014, 12:31:48 pm »

Head over to a doctor to fix my nose. Pay him in beer, or help him in someway as payment. I'm a hobo, not a bum
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 04, 2014, 08:30:46 am »

Going through the wonderful beuracracy of post-secondary education. Will try and get an update goin' on tonight.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 06, 2014, 01:25:10 am »

Blood Opal takes one look at the man, and spits, drawing her shotgun. "You know who I am. Now either quit messing around or get to bed and sleep it off!"

Attempt to intimidate the Mook back into line, or failing that, Coax him into bed so that Blood Opal may have his 'house' to herself for the time being.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action
« Reply #394 on: October 06, 2014, 10:47:15 pm »

Jim rides over to the vagrant, and looks at him closely.
Try to cover myself in dirt, to remain hidden! Look for any ingots that I could have missed in the hole!

Jim Henson rides over to where he spots the strange vagrant. Alrah Vanness, being the vagrant, takes to it to dig himself into a hole. (10) The shovel nearly puts fire to the dirt as Alrah scoops it up, makes a tidy man-sized indenture and then scoops the soil back over him. When Jim arrives down the slope, (9) he looks around, swearing he saw this guy just a second ago. Where could have disappeared to so fast? That's when he notice that the ground beneath him is shifting. Mysterious.
In his hiding spot, Alrah looks around on the darkness for more ingots. (8+1) He finds another half-piece lodged in the dirt What a good day. He pockets it, realizing that he probably should get oxygen soon before he passes out.

"Thank ya kindly mam." Jimmy walks inside, and sits patiently if there is a chair, twiddling his thrums in an amusing manner for such a large person.

Jimmy Johnson goes inside Lady Victoria's house, the interior being clean and tidy, though it also had a sense of emptiness and loneliness hanging around in the air. After a few minutes, the scent of cooked meat wafts in from the kitchen, and Mrs. Victoria appears to invite Jimmy into the dining room. He is presented with a wooden table piled with porkchops, cornbread, okra, biscuits, gravy and pecan pie; all of it together looks like much more than both of them can eat themselves. "Please, help yourself. There's plenty," Lady Victoria says as gingerly forks a porkchop onto her plate. "So, where did you come from, if I may inquire? Why'd you come all the way over to our little settlement?"

Carter goes over to the other table to inquire and get some information about WesternLink Inc.

Carter Duffield hears about WesternLink Inc. and heads on over in the pursuit of knowledge. He learns that WesternLink Inc. was started about a year ago by Igor & Igor, two businessmen who saw potential in the copper reserves in the caves of the Homestead. What began as a small venture turned into a business worth thousands of dollars in just over 12 months, constantly expanding and industrializing. While it is a profitable business, it's location requires a large guard, as it's under constant harassment by bandits and natives.

"I suppose so. The old owner put that up as a rules list, but I think we only need three. You will not bring weapons inside the building, do not get too rough, and you will pay your bill. So hand over any of your weapons and I will see if I can let you in." Keld holds out his hand for the man's weapons.

The lanky fellow opens his coat, and much to Keld's relief he is wearing standard clothing underneath. He turns around, displaying his body. "No guns, no knives, nuthin'. I'm clean o' weapons. Excuse me..." He mutters, ducking into the Brothel. The three girls follow suit behind him, the leader working girl flashing Keld a look as if to say, 'What a charmer you found for us, smoker-breath is such an attractive quality."

"Where are you going, friend? You still haven't got your part of the ransom. It's in lead though."
Fire a round or two into the barely alive guy with my revolver.
"Now that's done, let me help you out, Father."
Help Father Gregory out of his bounds. Give him the Repeater that the bandit had and point him in the direction of Jamestown.
"Try not to get caught this time."
Pocket the revolvers. Might sell for a nice buck. Oh, and check their bodies too. They might be holding out on me. Then, go back to looking for "birds".

John Ashwood sinks a couple of rounds into the last bandit, finishing him off. He cuts off the ropes binding Father Gregory, handing the priest a Repeater and sending him off to Jamestown. John grabs the two Revolvers on the ground as the holyman hobbles off back to safety. John checks the bodies for anything of particular interest, (5) and finds some spare cash and a pack of cigarettes. Finishing his looting, he resumes his task of scouting out for Hawkson Brothers.
(9) Lurking through the Homestead, he comes across a band of Hawkson Brothers milling around in an open field, immediately identifiable with their trademark greenish outfits. He counts about five of them, though in the distance he notices a small house-type structure and a Barn which likely contains even more.

"When are the damn plants comin'? I'm tyard' of standin' 'round in the sun all day!"
"Relax, it's bein' rode in. We made th' switch already, so be patient and don't be a moron."

...he'll continue in his search for the Mountain Men.

After dealing with the black robe weirdos, Micheal Shawns continues his journey to find the Mountain Men. He scales the rocky slopes and edges, after a while he wonders if that kid at the Gun Stand could have been bluffed him just to get some extra cash. As Micheal considers this possibility, he turns a bend and finds an encampment of several tents and a few fireplaces. The place seems empty, but he hears a voice coming from above, "Gringo, what brings you here?" Perched on top of a rock behind him is a Cudraldian man dressed in animal furs, holding a Hunting Rifle by his waist.

"Magnifico! Now I just have to wait for the profits to pour in."

Tend to the business. Look for chemistry or medicine books in the towns shops with the objective of finding a way to 'upgrade' the opium.

Josse goes to work, looking around town for any Chemistry or Medicine books pertaining to his "totally legitimate business enterprise". Unfortunately, the town seems rather devoid of these types of books, or books at all for that matter. It's not like literacy is commonplace out on the Frontier. The local town Doctor offers to lend Josse one of his books on Medicine.
In the middle of Josse's search for knowledge, he stumbles upon Father Gregory, who is bruised and bloody, clutching a Repeater.

The shadow nods and goes to find an inn.

The Shadow leaves the Shaolin practitioner in search of an Inn. There are two in town, the upscale Inn and the local, family owned venture. He has a choosing of either one, depending on how much he wishes to spend and what sort of atmosphere and environment he wants to surround himself with.

Head over to a doctor to fix my nose. Pay him in beer, or help him in someway as payment. I'm a hobo, not a bum

Greg makes it over to the town Doctor, who kindly offers to fix his nose for free. [5+2] A few painful minutes later, and the procedure is finished. "There you go, now be careful with it or you'll dislocate it easily again. Next time I'll be charging."

Blood Opal takes one look at the man, and spits, drawing her shotgun. "You know who I am. Now either quit messing around or get to bed and sleep it off!"

Attempt to intimidate the Mook back into line, or failing that, Coax him into bed so that Blood Opal may have his 'house' to herself for the time being.

Blood Opal berates her minion, whose boozed state causes him to be unresponsive. As that's not working, she somehow manages to lug him over into bed, where he falls soundly asleep. He's not the greatest assistance in the world, but know she has his house to herself for the time being.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Reserve (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 06, 2014, 10:59:54 pm »

((Hey TCM, the high quality whiskey is still in my inventory, right?))

"I'm looking for a good revolver. Heard there were some folks up here might be willing to trade one for some whiskey. Also, you know anything about some folks runnin' round near the foot of the mountain in black robes? They attacked me and I shot 'em. Hope they weren't friends of yers."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 06, 2014, 11:29:07 pm »

The shadow goes with the family owned place.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 06, 2014, 11:54:58 pm »

Keld shrugs as if to say "You should have spoken up if you wanted to turn him away", and continues to sit on the stoop outside of the brothel. Once the man leaves, he tries to drum up interest around town in building a rough building adjoining the Brothel to serve as an Inn, reasoning that if the tailor could get a building built, so could he.

((Question: I notice that Jim took one of the "official Police Horses" out of town a turn or two ago. Where are these horses stabled?))
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 07, 2014, 12:34:56 am »

"Padre!" I run up to the old man and check him for grievous wounds. "Quick, we must take you to the doctor! What happened to you?"
I take him to the doctors office and ask for immediate help.
"Amigo, you must help this man, fast!"
While waiting for Gregor to be released form the doctor I read up on that Medicine Book and look for "interesting" chapters.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 07, 2014, 04:38:42 am »

Jump out of my hole and run away in terror.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 07, 2014, 07:15:53 am »

"My condolences. Surely the hunter has gone on to a better place. I will be going momentarily. But first, what is your name, if I may ask, and what is the name of your tribe?"

Say this.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 07, 2014, 09:27:05 am »

Plants? Probably for opium manufacture.

Observe them a while longer. Maybe something interesting will occur. After some time, return to New Jamestown, find the sheriff. Tell him about how I saved the priest's ass and the Hawksons activities. Ask if he wants me to search for anything else they might be doing.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 07, 2014, 09:30:31 am »

Inspect the shifting dirt. I've never seen anything like it.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 07, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »

Carter goes to find Josse and tell him about the WesternLink Inc. deal.
"You know, friend, giving it a bit of thought, I'm starting to lean more and more towards your point of view as far as business goes. The West is certainly different from the East, and I feel it's best I accommodate that fact and maybe even take advantage of it a bit. Though I still want to keep up my gentlemanly appearance, it might do well for me to take part in the more underground areas of business, albeit strictly from a directorial position and only through multiple proxies.

"So I have a few ideas in my head now. Tell me, Josse, are you familiar with the works of Machiavelli and what he wrote about mercenaries?"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 07, 2014, 03:54:28 pm »

"I come to help people." I say simply. after finishing what I can, I leave with a kind goodbye, and search for others who need help.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28