Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action  (Read 52284 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Party Time!
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »

"I am a doctor. These mean brought me here, as he is hurt, so I can help him."

With her permission, try to do healy stuff.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2014, 05:22:03 am »

"The duel's over, big fella. Stop trying to cause a riot or I'll have to throw you in jail."
Jonah looks the man over, taking note of his badge, then spits on the ground to one side with a derisive scowl.
"Seems ta me like you ain't much'f a lawman, lettin' yer people be exposed to such depravity," he says, hooking his thumbs through his belt and glancing about the crowd briefly, checking that they can hear him before continuing, "Ain't you s'posed to protect folks? Keep 'em safe from scum such as what we're dealing with here? I'm startin' ta think the fella greased your palm nicely before he opened the place.
Is that it, 'lawman'?"

Make one last attempt to get the crowd riled up, casting doubts as to the lawman's care for their wellbeing, suggest that perhaps he accepted bribes to keep them from torching the place. Speak in a raised voice, preferably not a shout but loud enough that the crowd can hear me.

If that fails to incite any further excitement, give up and head to the saloon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2014, 07:31:19 am »

Hm. Inspect the arrows. Do they carry any peculiarities? Any tribal identifications? What are they made of, and what is the quality of their make?

If there are no conclusive results, get back to New Jamestown. See if I can't enter the poker tournament. If yes, play normally, utilizing my general ability to keep up a pleasant, unruffled demeanor to give me an advantage in the game.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:18:58 pm by Harry Baldman »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2014, 01:51:07 pm »

Blood Opal Smirks. The wonderful thing about this country was that now matter how peaceful and boring times got, you could always find a stiff drink and a bar fight when you needed one. In this case, the smaller fighter was more interesting than the bigger one, he had picked the fight, and in all likelihood he was motivated by some combination of simple greed and drunken bravado. She could work with that.

She aproaches the bartender with a wide smile and a soft voice. "I have two dollars that say you end the fight early if it looks like the big guy is winning..."

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2014, 02:43:17 pm »

"Amigos, let's have a fair game here. After all it's just fun."

I say it as a way of throwing off my competition. I will use all the tricks in the book instead. (play aggressive)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:21:38 am by akkudakku »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »

Join the poker tournament. Be agressive.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2014, 03:25:53 pm »

Jim smiles at the rabble rouser.

"I guess you haven't been in town long, big fella. I don't have opinions. I don't take bribes. I do enforce the law. The law that says running a brothel is not illegal, while inciting a riot is. Do you understand me?"

After the conversation is over, Jim walks over to the saloon, shooting Blood Opal a suspicious look, and notices the bar fight. He then walks over to the bartender, ordering a drink, and watches the fight.

"You want me to put a stop to this?"

Jim also signs up for the poker tournament, although he's a bit rusty, so he decides to play a standard game of poker.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2014, 03:53:26 pm »

Carter will try to negotiate the rental fee down, with promise of more lucrative business in the future. If the bartender doesn't agree to better terms, he won't spend too much time trying to convince him, spending more time trying to advertise the tournament.

Also, if I understand the terms correctly after a bit of Googling, I think the Small and Large Blind should be 1 and 2 poker chips, respectively.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:47 pm »

Also, if I understand the terms correctly after a bit of Googling, I think the Small and Large Blind should be 1 and 2 poker chips, respectively.

How many chips will each player get to start with? 10? 20? 50?

"Amigos, let's have a fair game here. After all it's just fun."
I say it as a way of throwing off my competition. I will use all the tricks in the book instead. (play neutrally)

Are you cheating? Because that changes your playstyle.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2014, 05:05:13 pm »

Ah. Let's go with 10, I suppose.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2014, 06:35:48 pm »

enjoy the celebration for a short while whilst trying to find recruits and other benefits (cash, free drinks)of being hailed a champion, then either find someone willing to lend me a room for the night or find an inn, or sleep in a barrel or something if neither is available. The next morning, head out to the Homesteads to see what kind of place it is and who lives there.

Edit:I guess I'll hold off on sleeping until the last turn of night then.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:59:27 pm by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:04 pm »

enjoy the celebration for a short while whilst trying to find recruits and other benefits (cash, free drinks)of being hailed a champion, then either find someone willing to lend me a room for the night or find an inn, or sleep in a barrel or something if neither is available. The next morning, head out to the Homesteads to see what kind of place it is and who lives there.

Next turn is Night, which lasts for 4-5 turns, depending on everyone's general pace. So it might be a bit before morning.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2014, 01:09:13 am »

well it seems that the town dosent know im a honato speaker however i dont think i will mention that for a while i want to avoid trouble

run my business it seems the deputy upholds the law quite well so report any problems with customers or people still trying to cause trouble about the place straight to him
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2014, 03:20:40 am »

No, no. No cheating for me, don't want to die for a few dolars :D

Change my stance to agressive ;-)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2014, 04:58:22 pm »

((Page 7 bump?))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28