Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)  (Read 15847 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I: The Long Red Road)
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »

Fenrik

Nilvath's blood-red eyes flare as he listens to Fenrik's words. When he gets to the matter of the Myrmidon, however, the towering god lets out a burst of cruel laughter.

'You could not even hope to begin to understand such matters,' Nilvath says. His eyes narrow. 'What of this... Unbegot? The weakling cried something about a tribe of that name. Do not waste breaths, servant! Speak! What possible use could these worms be? If they oppose the gods, why do you still moan before me? Crush them!''

((In case you're wondering, this is Nilvath in a 6-worthy mood, as evidenced by his... actually listening to Fenrik.))

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:30 pm »

"If they oppose the gods then they would readily fight them, if one of your servants was to infiltrate and gain some power within them then the Unbegot could be directed somewhat. Aimed to attack gods you wish to harm, villages that deserve to be destroyed, and to sew chaos all under the pretense of their desire for freedom from the Gods hiding your manipulations from sight and further adding to the disorder of this world. Right now all that could be achieved is infiltrating an agent at the lowest level, however ... there is a chance that we will come across the leader of this organization, knowing your greatness Master it would be easy for you to change someone to look as he does and thus gain control of soldiers for you to use as you see fit.

... That's not to mention that some among the Unbegot were former slaves of Gods, some may have information of use or perhaps there may even be traitors and runaways hidden among their ranks. If you still wish me to crush them Master then I shall do so now, but they could also be used to create greater chaos which you so desire."

A few beads of sweat trickled down Fenrik's face as he attempted to get his message across to Nilvath, he was in a good mood currently, but one misstep and the punishment would be severe ...

-----------

((If this is a 6 then I'd hate to see a 1 ;-;))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2014, 01:21:54 pm »

Fenrik

Nilvath considers this for a moment in silence. There's no sound except the beating of countless wings, and even it feels subdued.

'...well, obviously... that. Do you for a moment think I did not already consider this, mortal? Consider and reject such a plan. Miserable wretch. Your ignorant mind grows tiresome. Did I not already give you your task? Still... I suppose, your devotion to my will is commendable, assassin. Very well. You may go on with this plan. Should it prove a waste of time... you will hope that these fools kill you first.'

The dark god peers down at him, seeming to radiate darkness.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2014, 03:25:44 pm »

"I will not fail you Master, but I ... I have need of a piece of equipment so I am better able to serve you, a drone of sorts that can relay video to the Myrmidon would be of much use to completing the missions you've given me. If I have stepped to far in this request please forgive me for my impudence, and I will immediately return to furthering your desires."

Fenrik bowed his head further as he spoke, this conversation was almost to long and to continue it much further would likely invoke Nilvath's wrath, and given the circumstances that would undo all the hard work he had done so far to try and gain favor. Glancing around himself to try and assure himself that surely Nilvath's reach could not be all the way out here gave Fenrik a slight sense of comfort, at least enough to remain somewhat calm as he waited for Nilvath to reply.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2014, 09:10:24 pm »

As Dust faces off with the savages, their hostility increasing almost palpably, the Everchild moves.
Her body rocks forwards and, with a whirring of servos and a metallic clunk, its legs extend as it rises to a standing position, slightly crouched and ready for swift movement. There, she hesitates, keeping cameras trained on as many of the Bad People at once as she can manage.
After a moment, she speaks up.

"What is happening," the Everchild asks of her nearest companions, her mechanical voice failing to convey any tone of worry or uncertainty, "What do I do?"

Stand, ready to react to whatever happens next, ready to defend that strange Dust lady if need be.
If the Bad People attack any of us, or if one of my 'friends' gives me the okay to attack pre-emptively, fire my cannon at the nearest hostile, then perform a combat cartwheel towards their leader. Ideally, get close enough to grab his puny head in my hand, ready to crush it at a moment's notice if they don't all settle down.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2014, 07:02:33 am »

Dust gave the sort of arrogant smirk that insinuated one really, really wanted to be punched, turning around with a slight flourish and speaking in a similarly infuriating tone.

"Well well. Still a slave after all."

With Ganna thoroughly traumatized, she began strutting arrogantly back to the group, equally content to let the Warbreaker continue, spar verbally with Jago, or be ambushed from behind.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2014, 08:40:13 am »

Fenrik

'Your transparent cowardice amuses me, servant... this time. Yes, I believe you are due a... reward, of sorts. Do not move,' Nilvath says. The towering image shudders and then disappears, taking the sound of beating wings with it. The lights of the Myrmidon power up again.

Fenrik expects some dramatic flash of thunder and the appearance of his boon, but nothing of the sort seems to happen. He glances around - and begins to hear a scuttling, like something small moving in the shadows on the floor below. Something touches his leg. He feels cold, sharp stabs along his calf as said something begins to climb up. Moving quickly, the thing crawls up to his stomach and then under his shirt, before appearing from inside his sleeve into his field of vision.

The thing appears to be a fist-sized, mechanical insect-like creature, made of segmented pieces in the color of blood. It moves almost hesitantly to Fenrik's palm - and collapses upon itself, revealing a hidden syringe that plunges into Fenrik's flesh with a hiss of escaping air. Before he can think of moving or dealing with the thing, pain lances through his nervous system. Waves of it fall upon him in steadily increasing volume and very quickly Fenrik finds himself writhing on the floor, struggling to breathe.

'Scout drone successfully integrated into Myrmidon systems,' Seeker informs him, seemingly oblivious to his suffering. Fenrik barely hears him.

[6] The pain ends after a while, though Fenrik's limbs still shake like old leaves when he gets back on his feet. It seems that Nilvath's reach does indeed carry this far.

Favor gain negated by boon.

Spoiler: Fenrik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Myrmidon (click to show/hide)

The Away Team

Far away from Fenrik's plight, the other champions continue their unique manner of negotiations. The Everchild prepares for combat, her body locking into fighting protocols, oblivious to her mind's anxiety over the whole situation. Dust continues her harassment of the slave girl.

[4vs3] She smirks quite full of herself, turning without any sign of worry over the enraged Jago. "Well well. Still a slave after a- gak!"

Dust's mocking words are brought to an abrupt halt as the Warbreaker's wings whirl around and swoop her right off her feet. Dust falls on her back and immediately rolls clear, hands reaching for the blade before - and perhaps after, too - she sees her 'opponent'. Kazren pays her little heed, directing his words to Ganna and Jago.

"We are all slaves to something..." Kazren says. "In Dust's case, she is a slave to gravity."

[3+1=4]

Ganna blinks in surprise, warily turning her eyes back to the champions. Jago seems surprised as well - for a moment; then he moves to take a step to Dust, but Kazren seizes his attention and continues.

"Regardless, friend Jago, justice for my death was settled long ago. What matters now is the conflict between us, and I cannot simply leave. You have rebuffed my attempts to compromise, and so it seems that violent resolution becomes inevitable. I have but one thing to ask of you: allow those who do not wish to fight us to stand aside and quit the field. You wish people to hold no Gods and no Masters before their own hearts, so let them decide if this is the battle they want." Kazren settled his eyeless face to stare at Jago. "You are a raider, and for the crimes you have committed, and for the crimes you intend to commit, I will see justice be done. If you choose your justice to be delivered in blood, then so be it, but you are not the God of these people yet- you do not have the right to make that choice for them. Is this last condition amenable?"

A silence follows the Warbreaker's proposal. Then, slowly, cautiously, Jago nods. His eyes remain steel. 'Swear upon your god that they will go unhindered, champion. Swear that you will not lay a hand on any of them - or your companions. The Unbegot will not forget betrayal.'

He offers a hand, grim. Shock seems to pass through the ranks of his warriors. It is difficult to say if any will go - if Kazren's words have swayed any of them. The time for speeches seems to be at an end.

Spoiler: The Everchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arlia the Shaman (click to show/hide)

---

Draignean's actions this turn brought you by PM for 'the sole purpose of setting a treacherous precedent'. I hope the rest of you are taking notes!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2014, 08:57:07 am »

Draignean's actions this turn brought you by PM for 'the sole purpose of setting a treacherous precedent'. I hope the rest of you are taking notes!

((The actual quote is 'nearly sole purpose', there is a tiny difference.))

Kazren nodded once and reached forward to clasp Jago's hand. "I cannot swear for the others, but I will swear this. I will not harm those who disengage, and I will protect them to the last, even from my own companions. I swear this in the name of Rennahn, Goddess of Justice."

Give him my Word.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2014, 07:14:10 pm »

((The actual quote is 'nearly sole purpose', there is a tiny difference.))
((Quibbling differences is what justifying blackest treachery is all about!

Speaking of which I have absolutely no idea why you'd do that.))

Dust remained in a crouched position, hand held ready next to her sword, as she took in the conversation. She couldn't help but grin maniacally by the end.

"You, betrayal?" she crowed, loudly enough for everyone to hear, "You, who invited guests to your fire so you could murder them unawares?"

Her laughter (unless Kazren could get to her in time) rang throughout the camp.

"You're all treacherous worms," she continued mirthfully. "You knew your lives were forfeit when you attempted this ambush. You knew your lives were forfeit when we saw through your ploy. You knew your lives were forfeit when you began parlaying for mercy. You all know that your deaths have come unless we choose to spare you.

So tell me, Unbegot. Who has no masters now?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2014, 07:36:11 pm »

"Shit ... he really doesn't pull his punches does he? Then again considering what I did I guess I should just be glad it ended with this much ..."

Pushing himself up from the floor Fenrik stumbled away from the shrine, and back into the cockpit supporting himself by leaning on the walls as he made his way towards the gunner's chair with a sense of dissatisfaction at the way events had gone. With a sigh Fenrik collapses into the gunner's seat, and looks out at the Unbegot and the Champions as he speaks through the comms,

"Let the Unbegot leave alive, if one of you morons kills one of them you'll ruin everything so they walk away from this, or those among you who kills one of them never leaves this place again."

Despite his best efforts the words still come across with a feeling of desperation laced amongst them, sighing Fenirk leans back as he grasps the controls of the autocannon with his hands still shaking.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2014, 10:05:09 am »

Kazren, Dust, the Everchild, Arlia

[5]

Dust attempts to undercut what Kazren's words have achieved. Anger flashes on the faces of those who wavered as they hear her words, hands gripping weapons tighter. Jago's look at her suggests she is to die first. The eight other Unbegot seem to agree.

Jago speaks up. 'You heard the dead man speak. If you wish to go, go. Carry word of this to the camp,' he says. He seems about to continue, but halts, looking at each warrior in turn.

Kazren's reason and Dust's terror seem to pay off, though the champions suspect more would've left without Dust's insults and challenge. To some of them, that may not be a bad thing. Three of the Unbegot - hesitating, not looking at the others - run to one of the vehicles. They seem to gain more speed with every step, as if expecting treachery if they have their backs turned for too long. Jago seems disappointed, though it is hard to tell - but does nothing to stop them. Others stare with open hostility. Ganna stays behind, somewhat surprisingly - perhaps too afraid to actually move.

[3] The ramshackle vehicle kicks off, engine purring, on a path headed straight past the Myrmidon - they will be in Fenrik's sights, if the coward has second thoughts.

Jago steps forward, still without his spear or any gun. The champions stand ready; no-one will be caught unawares, today.

'No Gods, No Masters!' Jago shouts. The cry is taken up by four others, and the little oasis explodes into action.

The battle has begun.

---
There is sparse cover from rocks and vegetation.
Fenrik is too distant to separate friend from foe - the Myrmidon can, of course, be brought closer or fire blindly.

Enemies

Spoiler: Jago (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ganna (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Older Tribal Outcast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Younger Tribal Outcast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unnerved Warrior (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Settler Unbegot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Everchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arlia the Shaman (click to show/hide)

Fenrik
Spoiler: Fenrik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Myrmidon (click to show/hide)

---

Comments about formatting welcome - it probably looks ugly/unclear with so many spoilers. And don't forget hovering over names of items to see amazing intriguing descriptions or useful information.

You may want to see the first post for information about combat and Combat Actions. Giving specific Actions is optional, though; I'll interpret just general 'I'll get into cover and blast em', 'I'll draw my sword and close in' actions just fine within them. Questions welcome as always.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:02:13 am by Digital Hellhound »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2014, 05:04:09 pm »

((I'm helping!))

Dust cackled, a roar of deranged elation that left no doubt that she was confidently enjoying this. She drew her sword as she did so, gleefully launching herself straight at Jago for a flashy, overpowering overhanded swing. They needed to see that she could not be stopped, by their leader or anyone else.

Attack Jago, Demoralize Everyone (Warbreakers possibly included)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2014, 07:00:27 am »

The Everchild's usual voice was silent now, but as her cannon-arm zeroed in and began to track one of the Unbegot, another, slightly deeper voice could be heard coming from her speakers. This one contains perhaps even less emotion than the other voice, and its statements are punctuated by clicks and whirrs.

'Initialising weapons systems... online.

Testing targeting array... functional.

Scanning for hostiles... assessing threat levels... found and locked. Initialising full attack mode. Firing.'

And with that, the hefty cannon at the end of the Everchild's smooth, plated white arm comes to life.

Attack 'Younger Tribal Outcast' with my cannon.
If he survives, fire again. If not, pick the next nearest enemy and fire at them instead. Rinse and repeat until all nearby Bad People are reduced to a harmless, non-threatening pulp.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2014, 04:37:10 pm »

Open fire on the vehicle trying to flee the oasis.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2014, 04:45:50 pm »

((We're good people I swear.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17