Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)  (Read 15833 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I: The Long Red Road)
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 09:26:44 am »

Return to the caravan.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2014, 09:42:20 am »

The Warbreaker

Kazren returns to the Myrmidon. The champions seem content to remain in place while they debate the correct course of action. In this, the Warbreaker seeks to advice of his mistress. He kneels down at the altar and begins to pray. The altar lights brighten and pulse for a few minutes, then become still. Rennahn's flickering image appears in the altar alcove, still in sight and sound range of the others. As can be expected, she appears unadorned and without any fanfare. Rennahn greets her champion warmly and listens to his tale.

'Interesting. I have not heard of these 'Unbegot' before. They seem unlikely to be more than a strange local tribe, but still...' she says, pausing as she looks somewhere to the side. Rennahn frowns and continues. 'You may very well investigate, if you so wish. There is... disagreement among the gods on how to proceed with Atropol, and I must see about the course of action we discussed. Delays on your path will do less harm than you might think.'

+1 Favor Gained

---

---

@Samarkand: ...caravan? One APC/tank does not make a caravan on its own, I feel. You're all in the Myrmidon anyway.

Speaking of which, I forgot to give you the statblock earlier. It'll be included and updated in turns where you are engaged in vehicle combat.

Spoiler: The Myrmidon (click to show/hide)

@A question/info for all: I'll likely split the Flame and Energy special qualities into weaker and stronger versions. Ignoring Armor is a very powerful boon, so most such weapons will likely only halve Resistance - I'm thinking a Fire trait (halve armor resistance) and Flame (Ignores Armor), and Charged (halve shield damage reduction) and Energy (Ignores Shields). Sadly, I think Arlia's Thermal Spear would then only function as a Fire-trait weapon. Good/bad idea? I'm leaning towards doing it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2014, 02:05:14 pm »

"I feel that this opportunity should be pursued. If nothing else, we shall bring justice to the fallen and test our abilities. Thank you for your presence, Goddess," Kazren said, waiting for Rennahn's image to vanish before he stood and turned to speak with the others. He would have said more, but it didn't seem appropriate to ask the source of the tension in the court of the Gods while the others were present. They could do nothing from here, and it would only bring strife.
    "You have all heard the words of my God. We have the time to pursue these murderers, and reason enough to do so. Whether or not you believe in bringing justice to the fallen, this will give us the opportunity to gauge ourselves as a group, and make the wastes a little safer for every other wanderer." Kazren paused a moment, making a snap decision to voice his alternate concerns. "Furthermore, I find it difficult to believe that this is warning was not meant for us in particular. If there is a group that is aware of our goals, I believe it would be advantageous to learn of them before they learn more of us."
     "However," Kazren added, looking at each of the champions in turn. "I believe this is something that we should agree to do together. We must learn to trust each other, and if we pursue these 'Unbegot', we will undoubtedly be placing ourselves in danger. If any champion wishes to speak against traveling to meet with these 'Unbegot', let them do so now and not allow their misgiving to fester.

((DH: What does the 'Shield Use = +0' stat do for my bio-shield?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2014, 02:10:44 pm »

(It's difficulty of use. Some shields are more unwieldy or smaller than others, so they can be more difficult to block with. In similar vein, Stunning weapons may have modifiers either way that make them easier or harder to resist.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2014, 02:19:39 pm »

@Samarkand: ...caravan? One APC/tank does not make a caravan on its own, I feel. You're all in the Myrmidon anyway.
((The champions of the gods are assembled in that vehicle! It is a caravan!))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2014, 02:21:55 pm »

(It's a caravan when all of you have gotten your own vehicles. I'm afraid that'll really happen at some point.)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2014, 02:55:08 pm »

"To some, even 'champions', fear is the only thing to cling to ..."

Fenrik whispers as he glances around the Myrmidon anxious as he thought on his situation, he had four other champions to use as shields when things got rough and yet his god had asked for the death of two. The odds weren't exactly as stacked in his favor as he'd prefer ...

Wait to see what the others decide.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »

((+4 Tricycles = Caravan.))

Dust tilted her head curiously at Fenrik's mention of fear. Maybe she'd misunderstood him...

She frowned at Kazren's speech. She had little interest in wasting time here; her true mission lay at the lake settlement and beyond. But arguing against diversions could make her own attempts seem strange later.

Finally a strange thought occurred to her, so she voiced it.

"How do we know these Unbegot have done anything wrong?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2014, 07:17:34 pm »

"We do not. It is quite possible that this is the result of another group attempting to cause a proxy conflict. It is also possible that this is simply the work of a few rogue extremists in the group. I do not say that we should attack the Unbegot simply as a result of this one murder, but the matter bears investigation. We have tracks that lead away from the body, we have a series of threatening messages, and we have a phrase indicative of those who cast off the Gods. While I have no qualm with those who disbelieve, the combination of all three is worrisome. I genuinely hope this does not end in bloodshed, in fact I hope to take all peaceful means necessary to ensure that end, but the matter bears investigation."
   Kazren paused a moment, remembering that this was the servant of the Weaver he was speaking with. "If, however, you're asking whether there's any definitive way to prove that torture and murder is wrong, well, that's a philosophical conversation that I'd love to have when we're on the road and moving. Until then, let curiosity as to why a group like this would act so overtly drive you."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:11:04 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2014, 08:07:22 pm »

Dust looked down a little. The Warbreaker had a point about exploring the motivations of this group...

"Very well. I approve of following."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2014, 08:54:20 pm »

The Everchild remains silent for a while, then adds her/its voice to the conversation.
"They sound foolish. And mean. I think we should kill them all," she suggests in a rather offhand tone, then adds, "As a Lesson."
Then she goes silent again, parked to one side of the vehicle, floating soundlessly in her tank.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »

The Everchild remains silent for a while, then adds her/its voice to the conversation.
"They sound foolish. And mean. I think we should kill them all," she suggests in a rather offhand tone, then adds, "As a Lesson."
Then she goes silent again, parked to one side of the vehicle, floating soundlessly in her tank.

Kazren groaned internally.  The solutions of children tended to be brutally straightforward and uncomplicated, and typically unhindered by such trivialities as nuanced morality. Which was, quite honestly, the reason you didn't give shotguns and divine technology to children. "Lessons, child, are meant to teach. If we are to kill them, then we have only taught them to be corpses. Their death may serve to warn others, but we become as bad as our victims should we kill merely to give warning to others. The words we speak as we kill may differ, but our actions would fill the same graves."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:33:13 pm by Draignean »
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2014, 04:59:40 am »

(All in agreement on following, then? Object now or forever hold your peace.)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2014, 12:58:35 pm »

"If you fools want to go chasing after danger then I'll follow, but I'll keep you lot between me and them at all times, your quest for justice or vengeance isn't mine so if I think I'll come to harm chasing it then I'm out. Justice or doing the right thing, I won't die for either of those concepts so take your heroics and shove them. We're in unknown territory now, and likely facing a group who has nothing to lose, the perfect setup to end with one of you getting killed."

Fenrik said as he looked at each of the champions in turn though at the end his voice trailed off, and he took back to silence with a grim expression ... and one hand firmly clutching the area near the magbow's trigger.

Go along with this fool's idea of a mission.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2014, 09:17:54 pm »

"Of course, Champion Fenrik, your concerns have been noted," Kazren said, inclining his head to Nilvath's champion. "I would never force you to act in any situation you are uncomfortable with. Though," Kazren added, almost as an afterthought, "I had thought of you more as a survivor."
---
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17