Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Dark Souls - Reign of the Four Kings [DnD 3.5 IC Thread] [The Undead Asylum]  (Read 11922 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

FOLLOW THEN. No meta knowledge of any traps, nope.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

"...They'll probably attack us or something."
"You said there are a number of Hollowed in there. Obviously, they are unlikely to be aggressive..." Lyra raises her hand and gestures at her face, attempting what might have been a smile, "to those who are "already Hallowed.""
"Of course, if they do attack us, they aren't exactly prime suspects for tactical genius. If we block them in the doorway, only giving space for one of them to get at us at a time, we should be able to deal with them easily enough, and if they do somehow manage to overwhelm us, a quick retreat down the stairs and making them difficult to descend safely behind us should restore the advantage to us- water or oil, perhaps."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

The Gnome-plant steps walks forward to follow the Covered Elf when [7] he hears an odd thunk. Coming from the wall to his right. Turning around to look he sees an arrow shaft falling from the ground after striking the wall. Odd. Looking at the wall he notices that the arrow appears to have struck two feet above his head. With a shake of his head he can only assume this trap was built by a human. It was typical really. Assuming that everyone is of their height. Oh well, the trap is sprung and no one is hurt. Now to catch up with the elf! The covered one, you amend mentally after glancing back at the bard.

The Covered Elf walks slowly down the hallway. Somewhere behind her she hears a thunk from the hallway the rest of the nearly hollowed she met were in. Strange, did they not notice the obvious pressure plates? Still, it’s no matter. It sounded like something hitting stone so everyone is probably okay.

She makes it, easily, to the door. She saw no traps, and felt no hostile intent towards herself. Looking around she saw several things in rapid succession.

The door to the east was a simple decaying wooden door. Looking inside she could see several torches but nothing else. It was obviously a room however.

To the south there was an upward staircase leading to a progressively thinner hallway. After a few feet it ended in a door. Perhaps it led to the way out?

To the North was an upward staircase which went on for about twenty feet before it ended. The stair way ended in a platform and split off in two directions [West and East]. The platform was roughly ten feet long and then another staircase started upwards which lasted around thirty five feet before branching off in a similar manner.

However, the important thing the Covered Elf noted was that there was progressively more and more light the further she was getting from the cells. Perhaps this was closer to the exit?

As you ponder this you notice the Plant-gnome catching up to you. Perhaps it was him who sprung the trap.

The Group gains 60xp each from surviving a trap

Spoiler: Mental Map (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

The covered elf opens the door.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The gnome investigates the door to the south.
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Follow.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The covered elf, unaware of the dangers within, opens the door only to nearly have her hand chopped off by a nearby hollow who swings his longsword at her arm. His decomposing arm grips the sword with a fervent zeal as he attempts a second slash which she narrowly dodges as the sword makes a loud metallic clink that could easily be heard by the others in the party.

She saw enough, during her brief foray into the room, to know that there are four Hollows within the room. Each wielding a rusty Longsword and in decomposing leather armor. Their equipment is poorly taken care of, but the fact that it is only here and the Gnome seems to tip the odds in the hollows favor. There is only one way out of this alive. Fighting.

Quote from: Initiative Rolls
Ryurist: 18 + 2 = 20
Elazor: 20 + 0 = 20
Lyra: 11 – 1 = 10
Freda: 5+3 = 8
Enemy Average: 7 + 1 = 8
Rayt: 3 + 1 = 4

Quote from: Initiative Order
Ryurist: 13/13
Elazor: 4/4
Lyra: 10/10
Freda: 6/6
Hollow 1: Healthy
Hollow 2: Healthy
Hollow 3: Healthy
Hollow 4: Healthy
Rayt: 12/12

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Current Effect
None…

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get over there. Punch a Hollow.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"EEEEEEEEE!"
The gnome utters a wailing shriek that can surely be heard by the other party members.

Load a bullet into the sling, fire at Hollow 2.
The Cyan Menace

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile

Freda draws her bow and rushes toward the commotion.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

They can hear the covered elf quietly gasp as he jumps back. She regathers her self and gestures to Hollow 3 as an arcane light shrouds her hand.
 "Magic missile..!" she incants ever-so-quietly.
She casts magic missile on H3.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ryurist runs down the hallway just past Freda.
Ezalor sends a Magic Missile at Hollow 3 which causes it to stumble in pain. [-3]

Lyra: 10/10
Hollow 1: Healthy
Hollow 2: Healthy
Hollow 3: Hurt
Hollow 4: Healthy

None…

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Lyra moves 1 square South-West, 4 squares West, 1 Square south (1 move Action), then 2 squares South and looks East.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lyra moves swiftly and peeks around the corner and spots two hollows.
The Hollows [12v5] spot Lyra and prepare to join the battle.
Lyra dashes away with her remaining movement.
Freda runs towards the earlier commotion.
Black moves south and swings at [4] but misses Elazor.
Red moves south and attempts to stab Elazor [7] but she dodges out of the way.
Green attempts to exact revenge on Elazor [5] but strikes the wall instead.
Grey moves behind black.
Rayt flings a stone at Red [12] but it is stopped by Reds tattered armor.
Blue runs to and tries to slice Lyra [4] but she parries the blow with her staff.
Orange runs to and tries to bludgeon Lyra [20] and badly hurts her! [-4]

Peeking around the corner Lyra was shocked to see two hollows simply standing still staring right back at her. The northernmost one holding a sickle while the southern one was holding a club. Both were in tattered armor. Well… It’s just two right? Not like the others were too busy fighting any others. Lyra could only hope as the hollows rushed her.

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)

Lyra: 6/10
Black: Healthy
Red: Healthy
Green: Hurt
Grey: Healthy
Blue: Healthy
Orange: Healthy

None…
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:51:14 am by Nerjin »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOLLOW PUUUUUUNCH!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13