Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Dark Souls - Reign of the Four Kings [DnD 3.5 IC Thread] [The Undead Asylum]  (Read 11926 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Lyra observes Freda's work on the dwarf, and nods in what might be approval, though it's a little hard to tell given her dead facial expression ((bah-dum-tish)).
Freda stands. "So now what?"
Lyra briefly inspects Freda, then sighs and shakes her head.
"Unless you have some extremely useful trick up your sleeve, I suggest we drag them into a defensible position and wait. There are likely many more of the Hollowed around, and neither of us are in any state to engage in further prolonged combat."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"Wait, where are you going?" you hear a very faint voice from the hallway directly north and to the left. At least, you are pretty sure you pinpointed the noise after a dog runs around the corner and zeroes in on Lyra. "No! Stay! There are hollows!" the voice comes again.

Turning your attention back towards the dog it is hopping eagerly around Lyra's feet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:27:16 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Ryurist sits up.

"Ugh... thank you."

He cringes slightly from the pain of almost having died.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

"SNUFFLES!"
Lyra glomps the dog, briefly checking him over for injuries before ((if there are none)) burying her face in his side.
"Where's Pickles, boy?"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

The gnome's eyes flutter open, briefly, before they close again and he starts to speak.
"Aoww. Not dead, guess that's a good thing. Room had... four hollows. Where are they?"
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dog wiggles out of your grasp and dashes down the hallway and looks left wagging it's tail. After a second though your question is answered as Pickles walks around the corner accompanied by a man in full plate armor with a visored helmet obscuring his face. He is covered head to toe in the steel and holds a broadsword in one hand with his other hand carrying a blue metal shield with a dragon upon it. "Slow down! Please, I jus- Oh... Hello." taking a look around the knight addressed Lyra "I assume these belong to you?"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

((Ooops, forgot to post my response again >.<))
The gnome's eyes flutter open, briefly, before they close again and he starts to speak.
"Aoww. Not dead, guess that's a good thing. Room had... four hollows. Where are they?"
Lyra turns her head far enough to speak over her shoulder, not taking her eyes from the armoured figure.
"Fallen. The singing Elf is injured and down the hall. The other two still live, barely."
Turning her head fully back to the maybe-knight, she responds, gesturing to the hound and the mule when she names them.
"Greetings. Snuffles and Pickles are my companions, if that is what you are asking. The others," gesturing here over her shoulder at the knight and masked elf, "would likely contest my ownership if claimed."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well you are obviously bearers like myself. Though, I would wager, more recently awakened. I am on a quest that involves heading through this retched dungeon. I could help you escape if you would help me do the same. I know of a Bearer's Bonfire nearby. It could help restore your friends."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

"These bonfires... are supposed to help bearers, right? How do they... do that?"
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well..." the knight looked at Ryat for a moment or two "I'm not entirely sure to be honest. However... A bearer will always feel at home near a bonfire. It is a place of rest. However they are fickle in a way. A bonfire will never harm you but it seems... to want something. Something precious. I'm sorry, I don't really know anything aside from what I've experienced. What I do know is that a bonfire helps heal wounds."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If you think anybody owns me, I'll have somebody start digging your grave immediately."

After a hearty laugh, Ryurist continues.

"I'll gladly come with you to this bonfire you speak of. Certainly sounds better than here."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hm?" the Knight walks past Lyra and stands next to the downed elf mage and looks down the hallway to his left "Oh! There are more of you. Excellent. Strength in numbers. I would be glad to carry you dwarf if you are incapable of walking."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wait a second.
Quote from: SRD
One hour after a tended, dying character becomes stable, roll d%. He has a 10% chance of becoming conscious, at which point he is disabled (as if he had 0 hit points). If he remains unconscious, he has the same chance to revive and become disabled every hour. Even if unconscious, he recovers hit points naturally. He is back to normal when his hit points rise to 1 or higher.
))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Elazor is silent, as always.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After several seconds of silence the Blue Knight merely shrugs and moves to pick up Ryurist up and indicates that the group should follow him to the bonfire. As he walks he occasionally puts down Ryurist to pick up and carry the other two at once. Eventually he leads you down the hallway to your left and you see a pile of ashes with a sword stuck through them. Oddly enough, the ashes are burning. Sitting the injured people down he takes a set by the bonfire himself.

"Come along, sit. It is a safe harbor."

Even being close to the bonfire you feel a sort of... Home... Your strength returns to you easily. You do not feel the sense that the bonfire wants something from you however. So perhaps it was simply the Knights own imaginings.

Freda gains [5+1] Magical Healing.
Ryurist gains [1+1] Magical Healing.
Lyra gains [7+1] Magical Healing.
Ezalor gains [3+1] Magical Healing.
Ryat gains [3+1] Magical Healing.
Ryurist, Ezalor, and Ryat are no longer disabled.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Current Health
Freda: 6/6
Ryurist: 2/13
Lyra: 9/10
Ezalor: 4/5
Ryat: 4/12

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13