Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: -  (Read 30257 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2014, 02:18:46 pm »

After a very long period of complete lack of success, I achieved lucidity last night! Of late my dreams have been very close to real life scenarios, but with some important detail changed to something weird. This time I was standing in the organic lab listening to the section leader brief us on the manufacture of heroin, and realized how silly it was. So far this isn't unusual, I usually realize the silliness but still stay railroaded.

This time though, I was able to very clearly and consciously decide to step out of lab (the section leader didn't care, but did say goodbye) and leave the building. Out there, I decided I was going to try to fly to the moon. I couldn't. No matter how much I tried, or how much I wanted to, I couldn't even get off the ground. I actually woke myself up deliberately out of pure frustration. Perhaps I should set my goal a little lower next time, or change my approach.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »

Some not so good news:
2 days ago and last night, I managed to achieve fully lucid dreams, from start to finish, I had minimal control though but knew I was in a dream the whole time, both times.
However I now know when I experience a Lucid effect, natural or forced, I oversleep by at least 2 hours, and here's the not-so-good part: It seems like if I Lucid for too long, it makes my stomach upset and me otherwise weak and nauseous. On the more positive End, I was able to wake up as I chose to, whereas otherwise I'd wake up and fall right back to sleep.

--I really don't think the miserable nausea and upset stomach are worth Lucid Dreaming. But I have to stop my nightmares.

Neeat! What method did you use?
Really both dreams just happened, I didn't use any method or anything like that, sorry.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 10, 2014, 04:33:57 pm »

So, i had a really meta dream last night.

I was in a vaguely fantasy-like land. Soon i found a little village and started to talk with the inhabitants.

After talking for a while, a farmer told me that the people of this land whorshipped the so called "sleeping god". The sleeping title
didn't mean that he was sealed or anything like that; Actually, you could even go where the god lived and talk with him. The farmer
told me that the world was a dream of the sleeping god, and that as long as he dreamed the world wold continue existing.

Yeah.

Interested by this (At this point, i didn't know i was dreaming) i asked for a guide to travel to the island where the god lived. A nice dude who looked a lot like me brother agreed, and we started our travel.

I don't remember much of it, only that the land reminded me of a mario world, with a lot of little hills and giant mushrooms.
Anyway, we reached the isle of the god. Then i discovered that talking with the god was forbidden, because the risk that a careless person awakened him was to great. Only a select group of priest were allowed to interact with him.
I call them priest, but really they were more like enterteiners; A group of artists and actors whose job was to keep interested the god and manipulate him to make miracles for the people.

I managed to sneak in the god house somehow (I don't remember how) and i talked a bit with the god, who looked like my room mate. The god was actually pretty boring, but during the talk i reached lucid status.

Then i went to talk with the high priest, and i told him that their religion was surprisingly accurate, but that they were worshipping the wrong dude. Then i made a pile of gold and some other miracled to prove it.

The priest, completely unfazed by this, took a nife that came of nowhere and stabbed me. Then i awakened.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 10, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »

So, i had a really meta dream last night.

I was in a vaguely fantasy-like land. Soon i found a little village and started to talk with the inhabitants.

After talking for a while, a farmer told me that the people of this land whorshipped the so called "sleeping god". The sleeping title
didn't mean that he was sealed or anything like that; Actually, you could even go where the god lived and talk with him. The farmer
told me that the world was a dream of the sleeping god, and that as long as he dreamed the world wold continue existing.

Yeah.

Interested by this (At this point, i didn't know i was dreaming) i asked for a guide to travel to the island where the god lived. A nice dude who looked a lot like me brother agreed, and we started our travel.

I don't remember much of it, only that the land reminded me of a mario world, with a lot of little hills and giant mushrooms.
Anyway, we reached the isle of the god. Then i discovered that talking with the god was forbidden, because the risk that a careless person awakened him was to great. Only a select group of priest were allowed to interact with him.
I call them priest, but really they were more like enterteiners; A group of artists and actors whose job was to keep interested the god and manipulate him to make miracles for the people.

I managed to sneak in the god house somehow (I don't remember how) and i talked a bit with the god, who looked like my room mate. The god was actually pretty boring, but during the talk i reached lucid status.

Then i went to talk with the high priest, and i told him that their religion was surprisingly accurate, but that they were worshipping the wrong dude. Then i made a pile of gold and some other miracled to prove it.

The priest, completely unfazed by this, took a nife that came of nowhere and stabbed me. Then i awakened.

Joke's on you. It was your roommate's dream all along.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2014, 03:58:57 am »

"I can do that, too, fucker." *stab*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 11, 2014, 04:39:09 am »

My recall's been spotty lately, and I always don't feel like recording my dreams if I can't fill in all the gaps.

Does anyone have tips on how you might work out an entire dream from brief glimpses?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2014, 07:32:23 am »

My recall's been spotty lately, and I always don't feel like recording my dreams if I can't fill in all the gaps.

Does anyone have tips on how you might work out an entire dream from brief glimpses?

The best advice is to record everything you can remember. Most of the time, you will remember other pieces while writing your dream down.

Sometimes I draw a picture if I can remember a notable scene or piece or architecture but no narrative.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2014, 07:45:06 pm »

You can always try to remember key aspects of the dream, and backtrace from there. Like a particular item you always carried with you (not a totem; but was often held) or a person you frequently hung out with, or a location you frequented.

Of course, if you have recurring characters and items, that may become a bit of a problem; unless you have a device that can take notes, you can reference from that. Like the Ki from Myst, Uru.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:45:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2014, 03:14:34 am »

Rather than give advice, I'll give references!
Here's the Wikipedia article on Forgetting
And here's an outline of theories related, and describing common ways on how we forget things. [which...sadly I can't upload or do not know how to upload my book or works on it...) >> Search up Interference Theory + Cue-Dependent, here.
Err, because despite me knowing [and understanding] what I'm talking about, it'll take a ton of posts to explain it ._.
..And it may clutter up yon thread here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2014, 03:59:02 am »

Dream recall and memory recall don't work the same way though, Tiruin.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2014, 04:04:25 am »

Dream recall and memory recall don't work the same way though, Tiruin.
I was linking forgetting, not recall. ;3
Though! How does it work? :O

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2014, 12:24:51 am »

Welp guys
I'm sick
This is a good opritunity to see if the deeper sleep cause by medicin is good for lucid dreams/longer dreams/vivid dreams/reoccurring dreams

Good night to all and will report back when I get up with, hopefully, a short dream journal
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]