Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30293 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2014, 09:37:42 pm »

Well since no success with lucid dreams I'm just going to test forced nightmares and see how detailed and deep this rabit hole is
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 23, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »

Well since no success with lucid dreams I'm just going to test forced nightmares and see how detailed and deep this rabit hole is
@_@
...I think you need to rethink your plan deeply. Nightmares aren't...easy to face.
Also rabbit has 2 b's. :P

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2014, 09:42:21 pm »

I don't think so

I usually can force myself to have them just for entertainment sake. Since I can't watch horror movies this is a great alternative.
And my nightmares only get super unholy scare a small percent of the time
And those times are very memorable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:01 pm »

I know I sound like a broken record, but do you ever question your reality when awake?

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »

Me?

If so, yes.
I question it about once a week probably

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »

I know I sound like a broken record, but do you ever question your reality when awake?
Me?
I've written a whole exam essay on it and debated it (in a joking-ish? way) with my professors in Philosophy so much that yes, I do question it. No, I'm not silly enough to drive into not believing this is reality, because of certain factors I am hard up describing in differentiating reality from dreams.
I mean, that's what I'm also going to add in my dream-post back there; how I knew it was a dream despite the vividness, and how I know things are reality (ie That one Sleep Paralysis I had when I was totally aware of everything O__O, also there was a nice radio playing in the background that was reminiscent of the old one in Disney's UP!)

Err...yeah. I question it, but in a way to improve and mature understanding instead of paranoia-ish. :P

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2014, 10:04:31 pm »

Anytime I get disorientingly sick I question reality a lot because I can hear see and (not smell) just like any dream I have and I have bad memory in those instances so it can seem to me like I'm just jumping from place to place without actually traveling.
Note to self, when having flu like symptoms at school, go to nurse then home immediately

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:46 pm »

A handy trick you have a nightmare you want to escape immediately. Roll your eyeballs back into your head. Generally, I've heard that wakes people up fairly immediately.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 23, 2014, 11:41:13 pm »

I have been experimenting with direct dream entry. It's the WILD variant where you visualize a dream scene and it gets clearer and more tangible as you fall into sleep. If you're successful, you just "pop" directly into lucidity. It's very nice because, even if you fail WILD and lose the scene, you can still usually make it to auditory hallucinations.

I picture a little forested cove with a pocket of beach flowing in, out, in, out...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 24, 2014, 07:04:20 am »

I did have a dream last night
Fairly vivid with a twist at the end that made me wake up with my heart pounding
Mission accomplished

Now let's see if I can get it more scary and less 'YouTube screamer video' type dream tonight

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #295 on: October 24, 2014, 10:41:03 am »

Want some fun experiments to try for Lucid Controlling, or initial entry? Come up with sufficiently exotic locations. Like an environment that is constantly falling, but has no freefall antigravity. If you're overly realistic in order to create it, you can always justify it as orbiting something really quickly, to the point of feeling like falling, and is super-dense enough to keep some level of relative gravity intact. With those justifiers in place, it should be BS-ed enough to be observable.

Just come up with some thought experiments like that (justifying the impossible is also fun to do at times), and come up with some clever ways of lying to yourself to get away with it. Pull a fast one on yourself, and have some real fun. Other ideas also include having a mini-planetoid kind of central hub that can be rearranged like a Rubik's Cube. Hell, have a negative-space variant of it as well, where the faces are instead walls, and you're inside the said cube. Add more variety, each face of the cube is a doorway or a piece of the overall environment (when solved, could look like a study, or your own bedroom). Speaking of which, why not step it up, and make that place an entire house, each face is another room of the house; and everything's as easy to rearrange as rotating a row or column, or walking up/down a corner.

EDIT:
Another interesting idea is being on a planetoid moon (like a small temple or shrine on the mini-moon of a moon) that's orbiting a moon that's orbiting a larger planet; and just watch the days and sub-years pass by per sub-orbit-cycle. There have been moons found with moons of their own, right? Is that possible to render?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:58:13 am by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 29, 2014, 02:42:01 am »

Every time I try to choreograph cool bits in my dream while I am dreaming, it starts to look weird and stilted.

For instance last night a fairy-bird was singing a song to me. I had to spend time focusing and making sure it actually sings instead of being a dumb bird.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2014, 07:07:12 am »

Had a nice little, partly lucid, dream last night

It was me and two friends sitting around a table and one of them got up to do something and the other start going through the others stuff and pulled out USB memory stick things and SD cards and a set of car keys from the bag. We started talking about it and I gained partial lucidity here and was able to control what I was saying and asking about the keys and the USB thing. We both came to the conclusion to not look at the USB memory stick and that he probably forgot his keys and would be back shortly to get them. I then woke up, I have strange problem with waking up in the middle or at the end of dreams .-.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2014, 12:17:30 pm »

Some not so good news:
2 days ago and last night, I managed to achieve fully lucid dreams, from start to finish, I had minimal control though but knew I was in a dream the whole time, both times.
However I now know when I experience a Lucid effect, natural or forced, I oversleep by at least 2 hours, and here's the not-so-good part: It seems like if I Lucid for too long, it makes my stomach upset and me otherwise weak and nauseous. On the more positive End, I was able to wake up as I chose to, whereas otherwise I'd wake up and fall right back to sleep.

--I really don't think the miserable nausea and upset stomach are worth Lucid Dreaming. But I have to stop my nightmares.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2014, 02:04:42 pm »

Some not so good news:
2 days ago and last night, I managed to achieve fully lucid dreams, from start to finish, I had minimal control though but knew I was in a dream the whole time, both times.
However I now know when I experience a Lucid effect, natural or forced, I oversleep by at least 2 hours, and here's the not-so-good part: It seems like if I Lucid for too long, it makes my stomach upset and me otherwise weak and nauseous. On the more positive End, I was able to wake up as I chose to, whereas otherwise I'd wake up and fall right back to sleep.

--I really don't think the miserable nausea and upset stomach are worth Lucid Dreaming. But I have to stop my nightmares.

Neeat! What method did you use?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21