Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30343 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

Had lucid dream suddenly while taking nap. Was walking down stairs, every step felt like it was on the moon (I was in the air for a full second every time) and I realized "Shit, I can't do this, I'm dreaming!" Dream ended when I tried to produce a sword from nowhere by closing my eyes and imagining the sword would be in my hand when they opened, then accidentally opened my actual eyes.

Gotta do that again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 05, 2014, 02:49:36 am »

I haven't had much success with MILD recently, and I've been forgetting more and more of my dreams, frustratingly. I thought I'd try WILD/ WBTB last night and it's really good, isn't it? I screwed up a little since I'd forgotten exactly what I was supposed to have been doing, but imagining myself 'sinking' into my bed seemed to work OK.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #227 on: September 05, 2014, 09:10:26 am »

Had lucid dream suddenly while taking nap. Was walking down stairs, every step felt like it was on the moon (I was in the air for a full second every time) and I realized "Shit, I can't do this, I'm dreaming!" Dream ended when I tried to produce a sword from nowhere by closing my eyes and imagining the sword would be in my hand when they opened, then accidentally opened my actual eyes.

Gotta do that again.
Lucid control is more implication and intuition than actual application itself (basically, applied improv; Think Whose Line is it Anyway?), based on my experiences. In a sense, it's more knowing and understanding than thinking and application; like, instead of applying math to make a portal to places, just think of going from point A to point B, and cut out the middleman. Perceptual teleportation is another way of interpreting that. See it to believe it, even if you have to imagine it first. With that in mind, you can fuck around with just about anything. Being a mime in dreams where your invisible tools and walls manifest as invisible objects is fun to mess around with dream-NPCs with. Invisible walls are too much fun. Driving invisible go-karts around places is just as fun. Try holding some races at a school campus or a shopping center for additional fun.

Spoiler: Just a couple ideas (click to show/hide)

Basically, just be relaxed about it and don't think too hard about it, and take it on like when you were a little kid using your imagination. Remember how easy it was to come up with things on the spot, and how to apply them? Just because you're older doesn't mean you need to act like it. Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. Much the time, I catch myself (or stray thoughts) thinking "How old are you?" when I start snickering about silly things, or when I have an immature sense of humor.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:37:40 am by Itnetlolor »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2014, 03:07:31 am »

Some good news: I had a success in lucid dreaming.
I was in a maze based off of my house's room with random furniture alignment and each "room" had the possibility of a person living there ejecting me to room 1, my goal was to reach my own bedroom.

Well after squeezing though a tiny door I realized it was a dream(as in I literally said in the dream, "hey this is a dream") and had full camera control and control over myself, then the "person" in this room heard me so I forced a wake up by opening my eyelids in the dream, my left one opened easy but my right had to be opened with my fingers, which caused my usual dream channel flip, of which about two seconds(dream-time) after I opened my eyes IRL.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »

Whenever I lucid dream familiar environments, I'm astounded at the level of detail I can recall; but in most cases, like with my old school and such, if I haven't been in a room before or something of the sort, I noticed they procedurally generate the most plausible setup that would work or make sense with it. I toyed around with it a few times with houses I haven't cleaned up or ever visited before, and in some cases, coming to some of those same places later on in the waking world, I'm amazed at the accuracy of my proc-gen system's interpreter.

Dreams could be a means of psychic channeling. If only we can manipulate physics and such, instead of interpreting the future or something, then I could really have some fun. As for using dreams for the lottery and such, those systems are riddled with countermeasures. So to put it, alien/elder numbers and non-decimals are usually used instead of our familiar system; and in other cases, just to troll with people, you're off by 1 number on all slots when you play them (you know, when the numbers actually resemble numbers). Instead of 4 8 15 16 23 42, the winning numbers are 3 7 14 17 22 43. The Supernatural are such assholes.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:26:52 pm by Itnetlolor »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2014, 09:09:03 am »

This dream journal thing really works. I remembered four whole dreams last night and had a brief moment of lucidity. Sadly, actual lucid dreams have been non-existent. How is everyone else's effort coming along?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2014, 09:16:21 am »

This dream journal thing really works. I remembered four whole dreams last night and had a brief moment of lucidity. Sadly, actual lucid dreams have been non-existent. How is everyone else's effort coming along?
It pretty much does ;3
I was able to record the holistic nature (and probable theories) of recent lucid dreams...all by accident.
I left my laptop running next to my bed because of work and writing.
I played games and fell asleep once...
And finding yourself read your own dreams? It's like it ignites the thoughts connected to the words/set of words and brings in an image or visual of what you wrote, connected to memory :3

Lucid dreaming is fun!
Ever try running along a 1-foot width arch while chased by a dream horror then facing it midway into a fight despite being scared enough to wake up? 'Tis possible.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2014, 01:10:02 pm »

Lucid dreaming is fun!
Ever try running along a 1-foot width arch while chased by a dream horror then facing it midway into a fight despite being scared enough to wake up? 'Tis possible.
Try flipping your perspective to 2-D, and having no problem running that arch, no matter what (what width?). After that, the horror that's chasing you becomes no more than a boss fight in a metroidvania. I've done that a few times. Playing your own battle music is also a nice touch.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2014, 01:14:31 pm »

I have had great dream journal success, as well.

Anyway, my efforts seem to be improving after my sudden lucid flash a week or two ago; two nights ago, I had a brief moment of lucidity in a moment that was, unfortunately, a dream-version of the flash game Line Rider, but my subconscious wrested control back a moment after.

I think that my strategy from now on will be training my brain to recognize that I'm dreaming instead of WILD techniques.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2014, 09:08:19 pm »

I've noticed myself having less and less lucidity as I get older. Maybe it's because I'm remembering fewer dreams, maybe it's because I'm not practicing anymore. Maybe it's one of many, or many things altogether. Who knows?
The same reason why most adults seem to believe that don't dream, probably.
It's just lack of interest.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2014, 09:46:27 pm »

I've noticed myself having less and less lucidity as I get older. Maybe it's because I'm remembering fewer dreams, maybe it's because I'm not practicing anymore. Maybe it's one of many, or many things altogether. Who knows?
I'm mostly wondering if it's the concussions I've suffered along the way. Certainly isn't lack of interest. My dreams turn out pretty odd sometimes. See my po-ta-to link for more on that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2014, 06:35:50 am »

Lucid dreaming is fun!
Try flipping your perspective to 2-D, and having no problem running that arch, no matter what (what width?). After that, the horror that's chasing you becomes no more than a boss fight in a metroidvania. I've done that a few times. Playing your own battle music is also a nice touch.
:O
Well...I never tried 2-D perspective yet; always saw things either from first-person [dohoho I can't...see my nose >_>], or able to shift to third-person and view myself as if from a nearby camera. However I find myself able to...err, 'train' myself in lucid dreaming? Pretty frequent here.

The horrors? I'm able to face, actually. I do remember it was a turning point years ago (in my youth...7 years old or so? 6-9 anyway, those years...) where I would literally wake up in a cold sweat, huddle, and cry for a bit before resigning to stay awake the rest of the night due to them.
There's like, a time when you're facing the greatest test on earth, and have to reinforce yourself--as nobody else is there to aid you; other people's words acting only as a guide to strengthen you...and that time is where you've to stop running and face them head-on.
So yeah, its a boss fight in metroidvania, except I see the boss in HD quality texture...with all the horror attached to it.
...And I fought it like a "paladin". ._.
Heh, reminds me of that one dream wherein I literally had a cup of tea and a nice discussion with something I was real afraid of. xD Sketchy details but I do remember that.

Oh, and noticing the /FUN/ laws in the dreamscape are pretty much amazing.
> Lack of gravity yet the paradox of belief on the 'normality' of gravity...
> Playing with gravity [oh the fun of simulated falling, then landing on the ground with a tiny shockwave xD]
> Fun with kinesics; you just have to tell yourself it is possible. Said arch I was running along had me slip and catch the edge, before pushing myself up with my legs and stuff.
> Backflips! \o/ It's pretty nice to visualize the lucidity and see it in full clarity.
...Dear goodness is it fun seeing things upside down before righting yourself up -_-

I'm mostly wondering if it's the concussions I've suffered along the way. Certainly isn't lack of interest. My dreams turn out pretty odd sometimes. See my po-ta-to link for more on that.
I've been wondering on the causations of dreams here (pretty much why I've changed my course to Psychology >.> ...To find out many questions about this world.)
Because checking my parents (who haven't had that degree of...wounding? Sorry for wording), they also have the same blank-ness, though dream much (though mostly non-lucid).

I doubt its the remembering (though, of course, if you can't remember...you'd be unsure if you had a lucid dream...) but maybe something connected to how...active your thoughts are as well as the association with the workload when awake? As in, the higher the workload//stressed out you are, the lesser the ability to lucid dream and such? Or...pretty much how far you value or invest in dreams? I know, however, that it is directly related to focus. I'm still stuck in the vague on how though :/
Objective does have a big point. O:

Thoughts are fun.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:06:39 am by Tiruin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »

I'm making progress in that I'm able to decide before I go to sleep whether I'll dream or not, which is a good thing.
Oh, and though this may be a shameless advertising of a thing I found, but I just realized that this is essentially a gigantic lucid dream! and it reads so much cooler now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2014, 09:15:03 pm »

I've been wondering on the causations of dreams here (pretty much why I've changed my course to Psychology >.> ...To find out many questions about this world.)
Because checking my parents (who haven't had that degree of...wounding? Sorry for wording), they also have the same blank-ness, though dream much (though mostly non-lucid).

I doubt its the remembering (though, of course, if you can't remember...you'd be unsure if you had a lucid dream...) but maybe something connected to how...active your thoughts are as well as the association with the workload when awake? As in, the higher the workload//stressed out you are, the lesser the ability to lucid dream and such? Or...pretty much how far you value or invest in dreams? I know, however, that it is directly related to focus. I'm still stuck in the vague on how though :/
Objective does have a big point. O:

Thoughts are fun.
I think that makes sense. I've had less actual dreams, and especially ones I have lucid control over, while I was working, than days I haven't been working. A level of fatigue and willingness of interest/focus could be a contributing factor.

What I noticed that has helped me relax and focus was hearing my fan make noises as I sleep with it on. The rhythm could have something to do with it. Kinda like Inception, where the music was a synchronizing factor or something. Speaking of which, I recall from a video I watched, which featured Oculus Rift, I think, mention something about binaural beats. It was for a horror game he was playing; a suggestion they provided that would help, I think.

I noticed some beats that feature lucid dreaming in here. Not certain if they work.
http://free-binaural-beats.com/

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »

-interesting conversation snip-
That's the thing, though. I used to lucid dream every night, and remember it vividly. Now, I'm not remembering my dreams very often. Maybe once a week, or once every two weeks. That said, when I do remember my dreams, they're almost always at least semi-lucid.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21