Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30339 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2014, 12:47:32 pm »

I learned why this stuff is all so easy for me. Serious sleep apnea means I have an "incident" every 8 seconds and actually wake up once a minute or so, so the boundaries between 'being asleep' and 'being awake' are pretty thing. :D

So if you want this to be easy, just convince your body to forget how to breath while sleeping and you should be gold.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2014, 09:39:40 pm »

So I tried a FILD/MILD combo about a week ago; gave up after an hour and just went to sleep. What followed was... interesting. Over the next period of sleep, I pretty quickly went into dreaming (no big intermediary stretches of time, only about enough for a single sleep cycle). During this dreaming, I became increasingly aware of scene changes, coming to the conclusion that I was dreaming. As the scene changes continued, I became more and more aware of them, furthering my belief that I was dreaming. Only trouble was, I wasn't exactly 'lucid' as at no point during the entire thing could I actually remember reality; I forgot that bit entirely until I woke up. And I became aware of that fact as I became more aware that I was dreaming. All I was aware of was that I didn't think any of the previous scene changes were where I had originated (though at the time, I was aware of them more along the lines of the plot of inception, going deeper rather than sequential). In the final scene, I was in an open park type area, walking on some sort of hard pavement covering a central area, with a small ditch-like stream running about the perimeter on one side, with trees and grass on the far side, talking to the 'npc' in that particular scene about the obvious fact that I was dreaming. At which point, I noticed the water flowing through the stream began to splash in a very odd way; a gentle flow abruptly interrupted by intense rapids-like splashing, followed by almost immediately calming again to a normal flow. I remember, at this point saying/thinking something along the lines of "huh, I guess my brain isn't good at accurate physics simulations." At which point all hell broke loose; the water began rushing up and out in absurd quantities, which I think managed to trigger a more full 'yep, definitely dreaming' reaction, followed by me pallet swapping pretty much all colors on objects to an orange, which faded quickly into yellow, followed by everything dematerializing into a yellow sand-like material and I woke with a start.

So that was certainly an odd one. Aware I was dreaming, but entirely unaware of reality; unlike my previous moment of lucidity where I remembered reality well enough to try out a reality check I read online specifically to see if it would work as advertised.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2014, 12:41:18 am »

The lesson we can take from this is consensus reality still has some bugs to work out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2014, 04:03:25 pm »

I might as well post my lucid dream last night here.
Dream me is a streaker apparently. A flying, omnipotent streaker.

My dad was clearing out the car, I am sitting in front of the house and dangling my feet. A cat comes by and clawed me around my hamstring painfully, I had to reach down and dig the claw out and the cat ran away.

--

We were in some sort of suggestion game controlling a protagonist. I gave the player the choice between having them be a boy, a girl, or neither although the protagonist look like a girl. The game branched into three path until someone told me I should only do one so I stuck with the male option. A guy comes up by the counter of wherever we're at and I discussed with myself of having the protagonist kiss and seduce him. I don't know if that happen but the point is the guy joined the party. We did some inventory management and I changed the protagonist's backpack, because we had like 6 different backpack in the inventory. We got an achievement for that.

--

On the related timeline to the game thing although I'm not sure if it's before or after, I remembered being the protagonist and breaking into some sort of factory for information or something. I went in through the vent and peaked out to the factory below but got spotted by some zombie thing in the hall down and far below. I decided to leave and close my eyes and run blindly trusting my instinct.

--

Related again to the game is that I could review the life of the character so I went back in time for when he was in some sort of mage college. I find myself in a library of some sort and I realized I am dreaming. I did some reality checks and I started to wake up so I repeated to myself that this is a dream.

--

I find myself waking up in my room and that I woke up so I kept repeating to myself tat this is a dream. I do not seem to be falling back asleep. Frustrated, I went to the toilet. Once I got there the realization hit me and I did another reality check and realize that I am dreaming. To stabilize my lucid dream I looked at the patterns on my hand and touched the wall and I decided that to stimulate my sense I'm going to walk down the building, strip my clothes and feel the cold air. I threw out my clothes around the stairs of my boarding house and went outside but I didn't feel the cold. I concentrated and flew up and back down. Turns out there was a guy from my dorm watching me and he's talking about how I dreamed I was naked and he's laughing about it. He acts like I woke up from the dream and is standing naked here. I then told him that since I'm still here and not in my bed, it means that I'm still dreaming and he's not real. I then woke up for real.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2014, 02:00:31 am »

The only recurring theme I notice with my dream is that it's either night or it's really misty.

It doesn't really matter though since most of the time I just spontaneously realize I'm dreaming.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:30 pm »

I dreamed an evil shadowy digimon cornered me in a room, so I forced myself awake rather than be caught, despite not really knowing that it was a dream (That reflex is not one that will one day save my life). After waking up in my bed, I did a reality check despite not being in the habit of doing so after waking up, and I was still dreaming. I didn't end up doing much other than using a short sword to fight cat-sized spiders among shipping crates.

I should work on the habit of reality checking after waking up. That is useful.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2014, 10:20:30 am »

Woo! Actual more-lucid dream.

I appeared in a supermarket with bins of food all around me. I then realised that I might be dreaming, so I plugged my nose and tried to breathe. I could breathe through it. I walked around on my own, and saw something that I tried to perform magic on. I think I tried to resurrect a corpse. At this point, I lost lucidity and dreamed about waking up, got on a computer, went on some board on B12 that doesn't really exist, and that board turned into a room with a orange cat in it. I regained lucidity for a second and RCd, and pet the cat. I then proceeded to talk with the other people who were there, then I lost lucidity again.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2014, 08:49:45 am »

Wizard tier achieved. Observed that I was able to take an action that is both impossible in real life and a recurring theme in my dreams, and then failed my subsequent reality check (which was a really weird experience). I tried to magic up a blue flame, but I managed to lose the entire dream after a few seconds. I didn't wake up, I just don't remember anything after that.

Progress!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2014, 10:22:32 pm »

I've noticed myself having less and less lucidity as I get older. Maybe it's because I'm remembering fewer dreams, maybe it's because I'm not practicing anymore. Maybe it's one of many, or many things altogether. Who knows?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2014, 11:00:41 pm »

My dream last night made me wonder...

I've noticed that even when I'm not actually thinking about the fact that I'm dreaming during dreams, I still retain a sense of "this situation isn't real/permanent, any consequences to events are entirely temporary and won't matter in the long term" throughout them.

So, for example, if I'm stuck in an unpleasant or dangerous situation, there's always a sense of only having to last it out until I wake up, even if I'm not actually thinking of it in terms of waking up.

Is this a typical thing for most people when having normal (non-lucid) dreams? Or is it more common for it to feel indistinguishable from reality and like any consequences will be real/permanent?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2014, 11:45:08 pm »

I oftentimes have dreams so weird that I'm completely aware that the situation is too weird or nonsensical to be real. I don't have any lucid moments if I do realize it's a dream though. Usually just the thought "This is too crazy to not be a dream" or somethought along those lines, then I keep dreaming nonsense or wake up.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2014, 12:35:12 am »

@_@
PTW.
Really into lucid dreaming here (near-daily).

I've noticed myself having less and less lucidity as I get older. Maybe it's because I'm remembering fewer dreams, maybe it's because I'm not practicing anymore. Maybe it's one of many, or many things altogether. Who knows?
It seems to vary. I've had them a lot in my youth, then they became lesser, then they rose back (ie I learned how to act in my dream, if that makes any sense). :P

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2014, 01:14:12 am »

My dream last night made me wonder...

I've noticed that even when I'm not actually thinking about the fact that I'm dreaming during dreams, I still retain a sense of "this situation isn't real/permanent, any consequences to events are entirely temporary and won't matter in the long term" throughout them.

So, for example, if I'm stuck in an unpleasant or dangerous situation, there's always a sense of only having to last it out until I wake up, even if I'm not actually thinking of it in terms of waking up.

Is this a typical thing for most people when having normal (non-lucid) dreams? Or is it more common for it to feel indistinguishable from reality and like any consequences will be real/permanent?
How about having those same thoughts while you're awake in the real world, in a similar context? It's even weirder. Doesn't help that reality itself is becoming less realistic over time (I stopped listening to the news, things have gotten beyond ridiculous). I mean, I can still distinguish reality apart, but my awareness feels like it's trying to convince me that this world is running out of time being the main reality, as if this is the dream, and our dream worlds are realit(y/ies) in their own individual rights (I have memories of lives I never fully lived; as if I actually spent years inside said worlds within the window of time of sleeping). In a sense, I feel like the waking world is a prison; an alternative version of Hell, a waking nightmare that doesn't feel like one, at first sight.

In a sense, it does allow me an interesting opportunity to take advantage of said mindset, as a hobby, and see if, within any realm of possibility, a "Lucid State" can be achieved while awake. As far as I can consider, just off the top of my head, this could be a basis for any psychic stuff. Then again, I'm for anything beyond the boring everyday repetition lull that's been plaguing me for long enough.

If I end up breaking reality as a result, I'll research how I pulled it off and attempt to repeat results and post a how-to on doing it. Unrealistic, I know, but in a sense, that's exactly the point. To make the unreal real; especially if reality is feeling less so. Being this far into my life without much to really show for it, what do I really have to lose? Plus, this makes for some interesting thought experiments for me to work with. If nothing comes from it, well then, it was at least worth it, and fun to try out. If something does come from it, then I'm gonna have my fun first before I post anything relevant to it.

Based on my natural experience with lucid dreaming, I already know different signs and triggers I can read or even feel, and being relaxed also helps. If I can feel the same things with the waking world, considering infinite probability and such, and how dream worlds are essentially that concept in full practice, whose to say this has no possibility of working? Enough strange shit has happened in general (including having a recent UFO sighting a couple weeks ago) to give me something to work off of; or at least some faith to at least try it out. If something comes out of it, I'll consider my life complete, no matter how meager the result.

A good place to start that I'm plenty familiar with to experiment with, time dilation, using only my mind, and no technology. Based on my instinct, relaxing to a dream-like state usually makes for a good manual trigger, and having faith in it also reinforces it. I've been able to concentrate on things (even without meditating beforehand) to such a degree that I felt like I did slow down my personal perception of time enough to increase my precision. Hell, doing so on my moped, I actually felt like, despite my dashboard saying otherwise, I felt like I was moving slower, by up to 5-15mph (feeling like going 30mph, but actually going 45mph the entire time). I hope I'm onto something; at least to give my craziness some credibility.

I'm the opposite case. My lucidity has been getting more intense, as have been my dreaming, and memories of such, as I've been getting older (Hitting 30 in half a year). Ironically, my mindset has been getting more childish the less I have cared about the rest of the world, just because it's gotten to the point of absurd, it's not worth paying any more attention to; not that I stopped caring.

I oftentimes have dreams so weird that I'm completely aware that the situation is too weird or nonsensical to be real. I don't have any lucid moments if I do realize it's a dream though. Usually just the thought "This is too crazy to not be a dream" or somethought along those lines, then I keep dreaming nonsense or wake up.
That's basically the best summary of what I'm saying, or at least trying to; except about real life in the waking world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2014, 01:28:43 am »

I'm gotta try this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2014, 10:19:24 am »

Had a little lucid dream progress though not sure what idid to make it occur.
Was dreaming of the end of a video game, which is nothing new for me, but I had full control over the Dream's "camera" angle.

Big thing to note though, is that at the time it was going on, I wasn't really aware it was a dream, as I had constantly played that same game for quite some time before sleeping, yet somehow, despite the lack of awareness, I had absolute full control over that camera angle aspect.

Now that I've thought about it, I've always had that camera control ability but haven't often used it as my dreams are usually pleasant enough to not need it. This may be exactly why I don't know exactly how I did this. However, it gives me a doorway to walk through into future Lucid dreams.

Finally, I dunno if this has any effect on Lucid dreams but I wanna throw it out there:
My dreams are very vivid, like watching maximum HD TV or a Movie at the theaters. In fact the game-dream i mentioned wasn't in the graphics of them game but rather it was like how Live Action Movies are, using Reality as it's graphical palette.
Again not sure if that effect Lucid dreams in any way, but if someone has any thoughts, on my dream graphics or on how to keep adjusting the camera angles, I'm all ears.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21