Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30336 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2014, 09:43:20 pm »

My bed is east-west, head to the east, and I haven't had lucid dreams previously, but haven't had problems having them after I started trying.

ShadowHammer's log, day 16
I did test 1-1 last night, "Extended FILD", and finger-tapped for two hours rather than the usual one. Initial observations indicate that this resulted in night terrors, but without repeated testing, it could just be coincidence.

I had a nightmare in which I dreamed I woke up a couple times, but I also actually woke a couple times and then immediately fell back asleep. In my brief moments of awakeness, I RC'd, so when I fell back asleep and then dreamed that I was my bed right after waking up, I was convinced it was reality, so when things got freaky I got really really scared.

On a side note, touching a bunch of things did help stabilize my lucid dream, and I discovered that closing my eyes and rolling them up in my head wakes me up from nightmares. Thanks for the tips, people who told me this!

Unfortunately for science, I have to wake up early next week, so after tonight, I won't be able to continue lucid dreaming for about 5 days.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2014, 10:38:12 pm »

I'm fairly good at Lucid Dreaming God Abilities™, like creating things, teleporting, telekinesis, fighting, giving myself powers, etc. I'm not gonna lie, it's because I watched The Matrix.

Posting to post
I have to admit, there's only so many times you can punch a flaming dragon into the sun and blow up the solar system with it before everything kind of gets old. I use my Lucid Dreaming God Abilities™ to think while I'm asleep, mostly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2014, 11:08:07 pm »

In my dream last night, among other things, I used my lucid dreaming god powers to make a lollipop rapidly change flavours about 10 times in 30 seconds. It took a surprising amount of concentration trying to remember the different flavors vividly and quickly enough to experience them properly before moving on to the next.

I seem to be a bit obsessed with food in my dreams.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »

I am NE-SW. And I did FILD after midnight for an hour and a half, with not results other than being really sweaty, numb, and disoriented. I RCd.

How long had you been sleeping before you woke up and did FILD?
Hmm. I woke up at about 1, and went to sleep at 23:00, so 2 hours.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2014, 11:43:41 pm »

I am NE-SW. And I did FILD after midnight for an hour and a half, with not results other than being really sweaty, numb, and disoriented. I RCd.

Hmmmmm. Did you know our REM cycles are longer later in the night? I would try for at least four hours before waking up.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2014, 12:17:23 am »

Hmmmmm. Did you know our REM cycles are longer later in the night? I would try for at least four hours before waking up.
Ok. I just decided to do FILD instead or my usual MILD because I happened to wake up in the middle of the night

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2014, 04:03:17 am »

I'm not having much success with MILD, all of a sudden I've stopped being able to remember my dreams. I'm still journalling as much as I can remember but I'm only getting one every other day if that. Is WILD/ WBTB better for that? Or do I need to step up meditation a bit do you think?

I got lucid last night, but again I think I was only dreaming about being lucid, since all I did was do situps to prove to a dream person that I wouldn't get fatigued in a dream.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2014, 10:29:59 am »

Hey everyone! I've been following this thread since the beginning. I haven't been trying anything from the OP besides because I'm too lazy and don't really want to, but I've still been remembering more dreams than ever before.

Yesterday night I had my first brush with lucidity even though I wasn't doing anything. I started out just kinda swimming in a pool with a crocodile and my friends, doing our thing and messing around with the crocodile. Eventually I got bored and called my mom and sister to come pick me up, which they did. On the way home I noticed the road was really weird-looking, all arranged into weird blue hexagons which reminded me of that solar road thing (I think this is what helped me become aware). My street, on the other hand, was paved with blue and white octagonal and square tiles in a nice pattern.

Pulling into the garage, I got out of the car and suddenly decided to do the pinched nose thing. I breathe through the pinch and my face/chest go numb and breathing gets really difficult (pretty sure that means I'm lucid??). To try things out, I create some clones of my sister and start beating them up with super strength, which was pretty nice. So I went into my room while furiously rubbing my hands together but an evil version of my sister appeared and was all taunting me and about to attack me, so I had to fight back. I started floating and tried to shoot fire, but couldn't because I guess I'm not experienced enough or something. I ended up just smacking her around and pummeling her. More stuff happened in the dream but I think I lost control/went to a different dream.

Pretty cool, overall.

Waking up and finding that bond you'd created with someone else was only a dream and spent and lost like that is rather crushing.
I think I know the feeling. I had a dream back in June where I was with some apparently "childhood friends" (I have no idea who they actually were or even what they look like, I forgot the day after). It was a real bummer that they probably never even existed, especially since one of the girls was kind of cute. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »

Waking up and finding that bond you'd created with someone else was only a dream and spent and lost like that is rather crushing.
I think I know the feeling. I had a dream back in June where I was with some apparently "childhood friends" (I have no idea who they actually were or even what they look like, I forgot the day after). It was a real bummer that they probably never even existed, especially since one of the girls was kind of cute. :P
Well, I had recurring characters in my dreams, and recall some familiarities with one or another. It gets rather odd when you run into old friends that took place in your plush toys and such back when you were knee-tall. Awesome things about running into true childhood friends, before being required to be social, is that they're still as awesome as you remember them being.

The movie Ted comes to mind; though I'll admit, I haven't watched it yet.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:43:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2014, 11:21:46 am »

Apparently, what you do just before bed can affect your quality of sleep. Every time I read a book before bed, I sleep right through the WBTB alarm. When I'm on the computer before bed, I always wake up for it. I've got a month of journal entries confirming this.

It's a bit of a dilemma as I prefer to go right to sleep after a book rather than toss and turn after reading a PDF, but I also want to keep trying WILD.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2014, 09:41:59 am »

Had an odd dream experience last night. Nothing lucid, I haven't been doing any of the exercises to try for that.

There was a  point where I was just on the edge of first falling asleep and was dreaming - or at least visualizing - stuff while still somewhat awake. I could redirect the visualization, like changing the setting or what I was doing. Mostly just walked around various dreamscapes. Vaguely thought of the location and then let my dreaming mind fill in the details.

Pretty cool experience, and by focusing on that I think I had an easier time falling fully asleep.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2014, 04:28:01 am »

I had a spontaneous lucid dream last night.  I simply realised that getting separated from my clothes only happens in dreams.  Then I tried rubbing my hands together to help keep me in the dream, and my thumbs kept going through each other.  I don't remember much after that; I guess I fell asleep.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2014, 04:43:38 am »

I think I had a small lucid dream last night when I realized that the timestamps on the imaginary forum in my mind were going backwards.
So I wiggled my fingers for a bit and went to sleep again.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

I had a kind-of dream. So I was laying in my bed, dreaming about surfing Bay12, not really aware I was at the time. I mostly forgot the dream. Anyways, I wasn't asleep yet. So I realised I was dreaming, and it collapsed. I had an odd tingly feeling at the end.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2014, 11:08:05 am »

ShadowHammer's log, day 16
I discovered that closing my eyes and rolling them up in my head wakes me up from nightmares. Thanks for the tips, people who told me this!

Make sure that you do a reality check immediately after waking up when using this (if you don't already), just to be sure. I used to do something similar as a kid (close eyes, roll up, flutter eyes open) and it worked all of the time, except for the one time (I know of) that it didn't.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21