Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30341 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2014, 04:02:13 pm »

Oh, yes, move around very often - when I got lucid I started feeling my bed on my back. It was really strange, like someone in a soft coat started hugging me. But I rubbed my hands furiously and stayed in the dream.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

Have you ever had your dreams start with your environment flipping 90-degrees downward (making you upright), and you literally walk out of bed (the bed briefly being part of the dream environment)? I love that when it happens. And to add to it, I sometimes also make my bed into a doorway by walking through it, even after just waking up out of it into the dream world.

EDIT:
Just as well, I just remembered, ever try to map a dreamscape out? Like navigation mapping, cartography, and such? Have fun with non-euclidean environments. AntiChamber would help for ideas of how to render one with such properties.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:36:34 pm by Itnetlolor »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2014, 01:48:39 pm »

I just had a lucid dream. I didn't even try any of these techniques - I just lied in bed thinking about LD and bam, I'm walking down some road. After walking a while I realized "Wait, didn't I just go to sleep?". I look at my hands and try to count my fingers. Can't do it - my fingers keep popping up and disappearing. "Yeah, I'm dreaming!" I thought, then started doing some stupid things. I then found my school, and my friends were inside. I started impressing them with shooting lasers out of my fingers and creating random stuff by getting it from my pockets. Then I jumped out of the window and flew away. Finally, I wake up and moments later I get a SMS from my friend saying that she just dreamed about me, and I jumped out a window, scaring her so much that she woke up. Huh?
That's awesome.

-snip-
Don't forget to move around and touch things. Even if you can't use magic, fake bodyfeel prolongs lucid dreams.
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to do that next time.

I missed a couple days, so I'll skip right to day 15 in the log.

ShadowHammer's log, day 15
I had a lucid dream, but all that I remember of it is saying, "Oh, hey, this is a dre- aaaawwww" and waking up right as I realized it was a dream. Now that I have confirmed my ability to reliably induce lucid dreams, regardless of how short they are, I will begin experimenting with different variables.

The first set of experiments will involve length of time spent doing FILD before going to sleep. Test 1-1 will be to continue tapping my fingers for as long as possible, rather than stopping after an hour-ish as I have been doing.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2014, 05:17:55 pm »

Haven't had much luck with Lucid dreams due to seemingly not having any dreams of any kind at all and Yes I'm recording them.
Here lately I've just slept so heavy and gotten full sleep that i think I don't dream unless I sleep uneasy. This worries me about what little progress i had made might be for nothing now.
But I'll keep trying.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

Haven't had much luck with Lucid dreams due to seemingly not having any dreams of any kind at all and Yes I'm recording them.
Here lately I've just slept so heavy and gotten full sleep that i think I don't dream unless I sleep uneasy. This worries me about what little progress i had made might be for nothing now.
But I'll keep trying.
I've had many less dreams then I've had before starting MILD. And I can't even tell when I'm about to go to sleep.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2014, 11:14:07 pm »

I'm fairly good at Lucid Dreaming God Abilities™, like creating things, teleporting, telekinesis, fighting, giving myself powers, etc. I'm not gonna lie, it's because I watched The Matrix.

Posting to post

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2014, 09:31:46 am »

But I'll keep trying.

Maybe it's something in the water. I haven't been having memorable dreams either lately. Little bits and pieces scattered across the dream journal are all I've got.

Ironically, as the OP, I haven't had a single lucid dream since starting the thread. It's still fun to hear about other people's dreams.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:22 am »

Had a Lucid Dream where I was a wizard in some sort of magic tourny. It was ridiculously awesome. I do remember making a reference to Unforgotten Realms by screaming, "I CAST FLARE!" every time I used a fire-based spell.

Wizardry!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:45 am »

Weird, wired question but has anyone ever noticed a difference between aligning there beds north-south compared to east-west? It's to common in occult literature (which recommends north-south) for me to outright dismiss it, but the only semi-rational guess I can come up with is the brain is electrical and orientation within the earth's magnetic field effects things. Then again could be just random garbage that stuck for some reason. Kinda curious what people think.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2014, 10:33:49 am »

My bed is aligned north-south and I don't have any lucid dreams.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2014, 10:39:11 am »

Well, according to science, if you fall asleep on your stomach, you're more likely to have sexy dreams.

I can...Confirm that. Heh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2014, 10:53:52 am »

Well, according to science, if you fall asleep on your stomach, you're more likely to have sexy dreams.

I can...Confirm that. Heh.

Interesting. Though unfortunately makes things less comfortable when you wake,  for the um, obvious reasons.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:15 am »

I have a North/South alignment with my bed; head pointed north. Never really noticed anything otherwise, since East/West in either direction yielded similar results in the past.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2014, 12:41:19 pm »

I am NE-SW. And I did FILD after midnight for an hour and a half, with not results other than being really sweaty, numb, and disoriented. I RCd.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »

I am NE-SW. And I did FILD after midnight for an hour and a half, with not results other than being really sweaty, numb, and disoriented. I RCd.

How long had you been sleeping before you woke up and did FILD?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21