Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30334 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Sinking Dreamboats Edition
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2014, 11:41:44 pm »

Using WILD/FILD, how awake should I be before going back to bed? Like, wait five minutes and be fully awake or wait like three and be half asleep?
Fully awake works best for me, but that's merely anecdotal evidence, so don't take my word for it.

ShadowHammer's log, day 10
I did not attempt to lucid dream. I did not lucid dream.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2014, 11:43:27 pm »

Failed to lucid dream last night. Had a really, really disturbing dream that I took minor control of after the most disturbing parts, but the whole thing is still bothering me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Don't Trust Triplets Edition
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2014, 05:52:50 am »

DEILD Method

DEILD (Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream) is waking up, holding your eyes shut, and slipping directly into a lucid dream. It's hard to do because you have to realize you're awake before you open your eyes. Similar to WILD, try not to move your body and just visualize your dream scene in the darkness of your closed eyes. If this was a momentary awakening, you should feel a sinking or detaching feeling and slip right into a dream.

I've done this at least three times, unintentionally. I didn't realise at the time that it counted as lucid dreaming, but that makes sense. I almost never open my eyes as soon as I wake up, so I'll see if I can try this again.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2014, 10:45:31 am »

Huh, every now and again I'll get a sensation like I'm falling over backwards while I'm in bed. My usual response is to chuckle and roll over. Maybe I should try "letting myself down" and see what happens, though that may well be as difficult as letting myself fall over backwards IRL.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2014, 11:14:35 am »

Since Shadowhammer's been logging on the thread, here are a few gems from my dream journal. They're all snippets from larger dreams.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While you guys are off having crazy adventure dreams, I spend my sleep time doing stuff like this.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:37:30 am by freeformschooler »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2014, 11:56:33 am »

[spoiler]Why Can't I Clean All This Piss, 8/1/14

Stayed with some people while Mom was off in Florida. I pissed all over their bathroom floor. It took three towels to clean it up. One towel turned permanently orange. I was really anxious about this.
What.
The.
Hell?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2014, 12:01:31 pm »

Since Shadowhammer's been logging on the thread, here are a few gems from my dream journal. They're all snippets from larger dreams.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While you guys are off having crazy adventure dreams, I spend my sleep time doing stuff like this.
Did you dream you were a Sim?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2014, 01:37:06 pm »

Huh. I've typed "ShadowHammer" enough times that autocorrect has started capitalizing it for me.

ShadowHammer's log, day 11
I read for three times as long as I normally do, and only did FILD for half as long as usual. I know that changing two variables at once is bad, but neither one was intentional.

I had several dreams, one of which may have been lucid, but I'm not sure at all. I was arguing with my dad, and I went over to the garbage can and threw something out, and I realized, "Oh. This is a dream. Huh." but I didn't do anything cool, like try magic or anything, I just continued arguing and made a real good point.

I have decided that I will make a list of things to try doing when I am lucid dreaming and memorizing the list, so that I will a) not waste lucid dream time deciding what to do, and b) be able to confirm whether or not I am actually lucid.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2014, 06:09:30 pm »

Back to lucid dreaming again last night. Taught self-defense at a womens' shelter.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2014, 07:22:33 pm »

I had a very brief lucid dream involving me being surprisingly competent in a gunfight last night after I realised that teaching the Queen how to wave properly isn't likely to happen.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2014, 03:26:48 pm »

ShadowHammer's log, day 12
I replicated days 8 and 9's success, and I think I have got the hang of inducing lucid dreams. I still have to work on prolonging and controlling them, though, as they have all been fairly brief and I cannot yet use magic at will.

If I am successful again with what is now my standard process tonight, I will then begin experimenting with different things.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2014, 01:36:23 am »

So it seems that I have had the dream that is me writing out what had occured in a dream. Its weird though since remembering though it, my viewpoint of remembrance is from behind my own shoulder. Otherwise, the dream I had before that was long, and not interesting enough to share.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2014, 02:19:32 am »

On the topic of flying, I seem to be able to just levitate myself and float around without needing any fancy tricks in the rare moments that I'm lucid.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2014, 05:06:44 am »

I just had a lucid dream. I didn't even try any of these techniques - I just lied in bed thinking about LD and bam, I'm walking down some road. After walking a while I realized "Wait, didn't I just go to sleep?". I look at my hands and try to count my fingers. Can't do it - my fingers keep popping up and disappearing. "Yeah, I'm dreaming!" I thought, then started doing some stupid things. I then found my school, and my friends were inside. I started impressing them with shooting lasers out of my fingers and creating random stuff by getting it from my pockets. Then I jumped out of the window and flew away. Finally, I wake up and moments later I get a SMS from my friend saying that she just dreamed about me, and I jumped out a window, scaring her so much that she woke up. Huh?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:09 am »

So it seems that I have had the dream that is me writing out what had occured in a dream. Its weird though since remembering though it, my viewpoint of remembrance is from behind my own shoulder. Otherwise, the dream I had before that was long, and not interesting enough to share.

It happens.

I just had a lucid dream. I didn't even try any of these techniques - I just lied in bed thinking about LD and bam, I'm walking down some road. After walking a while I realized "Wait, didn't I just go to sleep?". I look at my hands and try to count my fingers. Can't do it - my fingers keep popping up and disappearing. "Yeah, I'm dreaming!" I thought, then started doing some stupid things. I then found my school, and my friends were inside. I started impressing them with shooting lasers out of my fingers and creating random stuff by getting it from my pockets. Then I jumped out of the window and flew away. Finally, I wake up and moments later I get a SMS from my friend saying that she just dreamed about me, and I jumped out a window, scaring her so much that she woke up. Huh?

Gratz! Most try for months to do what you just did. This calls for a title change.

ShadowHammer's log, day 12
I replicated days 8 and 9's success, and I think I have got the hang of inducing lucid dreams. I still have to work on prolonging and controlling them, though, as they have all been fairly brief and I cannot yet use magic at will.

If I am successful again with what is now my standard process tonight, I will then begin experimenting with different things.

Don't forget to move around and touch things. Even if you can't use magic, fake bodyfeel prolongs lucid dreams.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21