Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30308 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Don't Trust Triplets Edition
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2014, 10:45:17 am »

I think I was lucid briefly during one of yesterday's dream, since I did stuff in it that I would almost definitely would if placed in those circumstances.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2014, 08:34:57 pm »

Got a few seconds of spontaneous lucid dream last night before my brain shunted me back to normal dreaming. After going lucid, the first thing I tried was a reality check different from those posted here (at least, I don't think it was from here); essentially using just your tongue to attempt to block your breathing, similar to the 'pinch test' described here. A hands-free test, using your tongue as if you were swallowing, since that normally blocks the airway. Turns out that is not a good reality check, as, oddly enough, it acts exactly the same as in reality (and thus is useless as a test case). Which I suppose isn't that surprising, given that's fairly hardwired behavior, and so if anything could be done correctly, things like that would be it.

Might be because it, in fact, made you swallow IRL. A common thread in some of my (non-lucid so far) dreams is things like feeling my arms being extraordinarily weak or choking, then waking up, which are likely caused by RL-feedback on the dream (I have a massive horizontal scar slightly below my ribs which makes it uncomfortable to sleep on my back).
Arms being weak is a common occurrence in my dreams, too: just last night, I had a dream where I was in a Super Smash Bros Brawl game, and I tried to throw a Smart Bomb at another player, but I couldn't throw hard enough to make it explode, and he just kept coming at me, laughing at my weak and pitiful attempts to save myself, and I knew that I had no chance of beating him and that Smart Bomb had been my last hope but but it just bounced off of him...

Yeah, my dreams where I have weak arms are usually scary.

I didn't post a log yesterday, because I didn't do anything, but for continuity's sake I decided to have a log for every day.

Shadowhammer's log, day 7
I did not attempt to lucid dream. I did not lucid dream.

Shadowhammer's log, day 8
I intentionally made myself cold in order to keep myself from dozing off. This strategy, henceforth known as 'The Chill Gambit', was successful, and I was able to do FILD without falling asleep until I decided I wanted to.

I stayed awake using FILD for approximately an hour. At this time, I decided to simply fall asleep, hoping to replicate the success I experienced the first night that I did that.

However, immediately after I had made up my mind to do so, I felt as though a large electric shock went through me*: I felt a jolt of energy course from my toes to my head, and every muscle in my body clenched for a fraction of a second. I also heard the 'bzrap' noise that is comically associated with electric things, except instead of sounding silly, it sounded SO COOL. It did not hurt. I thought, "Awesome! Hallucinations!", and then realized, "Wow, I sound like such a druggy."
*I haven't ever experienced a severe electric shock (worst one I've had was the static-electricity-Van-De-Graph-machine-holding-hands-in-a-circle experiment in grade nine science class) so I am not sure whether this is actually what it feels like.

After this, I waited another while, and then decided to go to sleep. While I was waiting, I heard rodents in the attic and my parents walking around.
Spoiler: Lucid Dream (click to show/hide)
Tonight I will attempt to do almost the exact same thing. However, I notcied that my estimation of the time that had passed while doing FILD was significantly off: it had been only an hour when I guessed it to be an hour and a half. To prevent a gradual slide in the length that I spend FILDing, I will make sure to continue doing it until well past the time that I think is sufficient.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2014, 10:48:54 pm »

Wait, you do FILD after you wake up from your alarm, like WILD, yes?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:55 pm »

Wait, you do FILD after you wake up from your alarm, like WILD, yes?
Yessir.

Shadowhammer's log, day 9
I did the same thing as yesterday, and spent about an hour and fifteen minutes finger tapping before going to sleep.

I had a very inception-y dream.
I also had a dream in which I was actually lucid.
Spoiler: Lucid dream (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2014, 12:24:38 pm »

Meh, I can only ever recall vague things because I don't really wake up quickly, I spend some time half-asleep and think about random stuff which drives away the memories.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2014, 02:39:28 pm »

PtW. I've been trying to have a lucid dream for a while now, though no success yet.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2014, 02:45:58 pm »

Shadowhammer, everybody knows that the secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and missing. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ship of Freaks

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Matilda
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: This Stuff Really Works Edition
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2014, 06:37:41 pm »

It's trippy. Another thing I noticed: when your hypnagogia starts up, your heart rate will change, and your limbs will feel paralyzed (even though they aren't yet). How people stay calm in that state I have no idea.
oh is that supposed to happen? i tried the WILD thing quite a while ago and after being uncomfortable like that for a bit i figured i was doing it wrong and stopped. i haven't really tried since back then because keeping a dream journal would require a modicum of diligence.

as for my experiences, i had one lucid dream when i was a wee lad. once i realized i was dreaming, my only thought was "oh. i don't care about this then. i'm out of here." and after i didn't die or feel anything from being shot in the chest when i came out of hiding, i dove overboard and woke up.
They are all one and the same. They are all Grek.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2014, 07:48:28 pm »

Shadowhammer, everybody knows that the secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and missing. :P
I prefer the Iron Man Magic Rune set. Weightless, and intuitive controls, and invisible when not active; when active, you might see a weird light ring with a set of circles and a triangle bound between a couple on my back spinning madly (kinda like Bahamut's in FFX), and light branching to my arms and legs, and forming symbols on them, like a stigmata of light, and I can direct the energy as I see fit. The sensation's like riding waves bodysurfing, with just as much control over it.

Had a lucid dream once where I had that going on, and it was fun as hell. Next time, I ought to call one of my dream girls to join me in the skies, and maybe we can dogfight with waterballoons or something, and have melee combat with swimming pool noodles or cardboard tubes or something. Add to it, have Ace Combat (or some of my gaming music mixes) music playing. For some reason, Strike Witches seems to come to mind.

EDIT:
Next thing I know, our fortresses are gonna be either a bed or a couch with cushions remodeled to serve as a better fort for all this nonsense. Airfield/hangar and everything. And we'll have a full-scale war here. I'll need some army men and micro machines to aid me in combat. Might want to contact the Lego empire to supply us some modular construction supplies. ...I want to play an RTS of this.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:29:10 pm by Itnetlolor »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: This Stuff Really Works Edition
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »

Incidentally, flying by flapping your arms can still be awfully satisfying as long as you're getting the air resistance feedback like they have the surface area of wings. :D
Try it. Be the pterodactyl. You know you want to.

(Watch out for power lines though.)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2014, 01:06:07 am »

I successfully induced lucid dreams using the WILD method! It was awesome, for a very short time. I dreamed I was watching a beautiful sunset on board a little boat on a calm sea.

Then I started to sink. I didn't drown, that would have been too easy. I just slowly started drifting down, the light getting dimmer and dimmer, until I couldn't see anything. I started looking around trying to see something, anything, and I realized that I'd woken up at some point, and was looking around at my dark room. I don't think I'll be trying that again. I haven't been so terrified in a long time.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2014, 11:12:59 am »

Losing awareness of your surroundings is pretty normal. Once you hit a void point, that's where you become the god of your own universe, and can set out to do or make anything you want.

Of course, I also make use of such void environments as a sort of storage space or "junk drawer" to stash all kinds of crap I collected over the years. Pretty awesome seeing all versions of my dream car in all different conditions, including a high score board of how much damage I can withstand, and still be able to drive it on display. This is also the "Hammerspace" I access when I pull crap out of thin air, or digistruct them in other environments, or where I store them when I pick things up and say "I like this, I'm keeping it.", and storing it in nothing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2014, 12:24:53 pm »

I *think* I may have been lucid for a brief moment. In the dream I was in a small wooden house somewhere in a forest with my dad, and we wanted to get a barbecue going. So I walked around the house to find a good spot, and when I rounded the corner I sort of realized it was a dream and my vision became black and blurry so I put my hands togheter and it stopped. Then I felt the corner of the house which felt strangely sharp, as if it were a single homogenous cube. Can't remember much further than that, although there was something with a snake. But that may have happened before this fragment.

Could just be my mind playing tricks on me, it's happened before.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2014, 09:16:39 pm »

I'm not much of an active participant in the methods offered here, since I'm a bit too protective of my sleep time, but I'm hoping that having this dream stuff on the mind when I pass out might help.

Given that, I'unno if it was anything lucid, but I felt something weird as I slept last night. I dunno if I had partly awoken or what, but dream-brain prompted me back to sleep and I felt this remarkable sinking force in my head and limbs as I settled back in. Somewhere a thought floated through my mind that I'd just settled back into dream sleep and thought that was pretty cool, and then promptly carried on past the whole ordeal. It miiiight have been important to dream-plot, but I struggle to grasp the context of it, since I only recall some kind of Q/A or questioning.

Maybe I caught myself falling into sleep paralysis, I'unno. It strikes me as peculiar because you don't typically physically feel anything when you're asleep. That's the realm of abstract and emotional sensation.

That sounds like DEILD, something I didn't mention in the OP. You didn't get lucid (because you didn't know to), but the sinking sensation is common when you're inducing a lucid dream.

DEILD Method

DEILD (Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream) is waking up, holding your eyes shut, and slipping directly into a lucid dream. It's hard to do because you have to realize you're awake before you open your eyes. Similar to WILD, try not to move your body and just visualize your dream scene in the darkness of your closed eyes. If this was a momentary awakening, you should feel a sinking or detaching feeling and slip right into a dream.

I successfully induced lucid dreams using the WILD method! It was awesome, for a very short time. I dreamed I was watching a beautiful sunset on board a little boat on a calm sea.

Then I started to sink. I didn't drown, that would have been too easy. I just slowly started drifting down, the light getting dimmer and dimmer, until I couldn't see anything. I started looking around trying to see something, anything, and I realized that I'd woken up at some point, and was looking around at my dark room. I don't think I'll be trying that again. I haven't been so terrified in a long time.

Wow! Awesome! I'm glad you were able to do it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:53:24 am by freeformschooler »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Sinking Dreamboats Edition
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2014, 09:48:25 pm »

Using WILD/FILD, how awake should I be before going back to bed? Like, wait five minutes and be fully awake or wait like three and be half asleep?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21