Author Topic: -  (Read 30290 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Don't Trust Triplets Edition
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2014, 12:17:46 am »

Oh hey, lucid dreaming thread. Cool. PTW

Of course, once people start doing lucid dreaming it becomes a gateway to all kinds of trippy mysticism mind stuff. Next there's going to be people meditating and trying self-hypnotism and training their mind to believe they have wings or second pair of arms or an imaginary friend named Bud the Sock that only they can see and hear. Yes indeed, down this road lies freaky cool shit.

Carry on, thread. Experimental mind stuff like this is always neat to read about.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2014, 03:07:44 am »

I'm certain that I dreamt something that I remembered, but after that I dreamt that I writer it in my dream journal so my mind thought it was ok to forget about it D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:03 am »

Hey, I think this would be the most appropriate thread, but what do you guys think about the idea of making some sort of Bay12 news bulletin thing but instead of actual news we have the new stories of the dream worlds linked together, with the story being appropriated from the dreams and some bit of lore building?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:59 am »

I had a lucid dream during my lunch break nap yesterday. It was cool but, as others in the thread said, if you expect something to happen, it's going to happen. I did not expect myself to be able to accurately render a video game world and have lucid dream control of it, so part of the game world disappeared. I woke up, packed my lunch back up, and headed back to my boss' office for our next assignment.

Then I woke up in bed. I was never at work in the first place.

Whoa.

This makes the LD suspect because LDs without reality checks or realizations are often fake LDs (you are still subject to dream logic).

Hey, I think this would be the most appropriate thread, but what do you guys think about the idea of making some sort of Bay12 news bulletin thing but instead of actual news we have the new stories of the dream worlds linked together, with the story being appropriated from the dreams and some bit of lore building?

wat
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:51:17 am by freeformschooler »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2014, 10:23:53 am »

Got a dream journal finally, I barely remember anything from my dram last night except that it involved PreCure Black kicking a shadow being that got away...
Should i record that for safe measure? or just start with my first fully remembered dream?

Again this is all in effr tto move to full time Lucid Dreaming so I'm looking for any and all pointers.

Read the op. You should record everything you remember. I draw dream scenes when there's too much detail for words.
I guess what I'm saying is that there's so little that I acutally remember of it that is seems a bit unnecessary. Honestly all I remember is the shadow running from Cure Black's foot, that's it. nothing more nothing less.

However I did record three dreams I had last night.

One has recurred enough to cause me some concern but something has always been different in it. this particular one I have never been able to Lucid-effect it.
The next has me puzzled but I was able to maintain a minor awareness thanks to me being older than my sisters in this dream when in reality I'm younger, but I had no real control over it. I did get it to channel-flip like I've been able to...
The third dream was fun and required no need of Lucid dreams

So I dunno, Progress maybe or if not progress, confirmed proof I can become aware while dreaming.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2014, 12:56:02 pm »

wat

but seriously, wat

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2014, 02:06:45 pm »

I didn't have a chance to post ShadowHammer's log yesterday, but nothing really happened last night or the night before, so I will just post them both now.

ShadowHammer's log, day 5
I was awakened at the correct time, got up, read, lay back down.

I FILD'd, but the same as last night, my whole body moved without me consciously trying to, which disrupts the whole thing.

I dreamed a few dreams, nothing lucid.

ShadowHammer's log, day 6
The same thing occurred as last night, except I tried focusing on a point of darkness instead of finger tapping.

Due to the fact that I seem to have fallen into a pattern wherein effectively the same thing happens every night, I have decided to not attempt WILD tonight, in an attempt to stop the cycle. I am also curious to see whether I will wake at the time my alarm usually goes if I do not have it on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:54 pm »

* Objective cries and runs away
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2014, 02:14:00 pm »

n-no objective-sama

i just dont understand the idea

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2014, 02:31:39 pm »

so you are saying we should try to build a world with our lucid dreams?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2014, 02:34:55 pm »

or maybe we're supposed to have a news bulletin that we look at every day then in our lucid dreams we try to find it then update the real version with new fake stories from our real dreams

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2014, 02:40:38 pm »

or maybe we're supposed to have a news bulletin that we look at every day then in our lucid dreams we try to find it then update the real version with new fake stories from our real dreams
wat

but seriously

wat

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2014, 02:44:39 pm »

I think the idea is that we should have some sort of thread in which we make fake news, with the articles being related to the dreams we've had?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:02:56 pm by Elephant Parade »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2014, 03:03:12 pm »

I think the idea is that we should have some sort of thread in which we make fake news, with the articles being related to the dreams we've had?
I think Objective is trying to destroy our brains.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2014, 03:46:46 pm »

Yes finally!

* Objective flops.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21