Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30294 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Don't Trust Triplets Edition
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2014, 06:49:55 pm »

Wait, your alarm doesn't vibrate? What the heck kind of alarm do you have, then? ???
Just... get an alarm, make sure it vibrates, and stick it in your pants. Trust me, it works. I used to sleep through every alarm ever.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2014, 06:50:59 pm »

No, my problem is that I sleep straight through the alarm.
Using the internet, this site was found: http://onlineclock.net

Turn up your speakers all the way, I guess. Either that or get a new, louder alarm.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »

My speakers on my computer are borked.

It's also a floor lower than my bedroom.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2014, 06:54:39 pm »

My speakers on my computer are borked.

It's also a floor lower than my bedroom.
Oh, I forgot that you can't have it in your room. Well, I can't think of anything else. Maybe get some chickens and keep them in your room.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2014, 07:00:32 pm »

As before, I'll change my regular alarm clock after getting the time on it fixed, something I haven't done since the last power outage got it to be like 7 hours fast.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: This Stuff Really Works Edition
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2014, 08:38:08 pm »

How do you fall asleep in 15 minutes? It usually takes at least two hours for me, which is annoying.
I also usually take hours to fall asleep, but since I started trying the lucid dreaming stuff, I've fallen asleep oddly quickly.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: This Stuff Really Works Edition
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2014, 12:57:33 am »

How do you fall asleep in 15 minutes? It usually takes at least two hours for me, which is annoying.
I also usually take hours to fall asleep, but since I started trying the lucid dreaming stuff, I've fallen asleep oddly quickly.
Mmm. I noticed the finger tapping while saying 'I am dreaming' helped me think of nothing else.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2014, 04:25:30 am »

If you sleep through all alarms, just buy one that is so loud it will wake your neighbors, so they call the police on you for noise harassment. Police are quite proficient at waking you up.
Protip: car burglary alarms on a timer work well for this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:27:09 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2014, 04:32:33 am »

I was going to say about car alarms and someone thinking the car is actually being stolen, but then I remembered that no-one hears a car alarm and thinks its being stolen.

I'm also reminded of a story I read about a policeman who was called out because some guy had locked himself in his room and wouldn't come out. The cop kicked down the door to see the guy having a fap with his headphones on.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2014, 04:33:52 am »

Tried MILD, no success. I don't actually have a dream journal, but I remember about a third of my dreams in near-perfect detail anyway, and another third in reasonable detail. Will starting to write them all out help significantly?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2014, 04:38:44 am »

What brand were they? They must have been some damn good headphones.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2014, 09:24:04 am »

Tried MILD, no success. I don't actually have a dream journal, but I remember about a third of my dreams in near-perfect detail anyway, and another third in reasonable detail. Will starting to write them all out help significantly?

Probably. Even if you don't remember all of them, you'll start to remember at least one scene or snapshop from every dream.

My alarm clock didn't wake me up like night, either. Wow! OK, back to putting it right beside the pillow.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2014, 11:01:21 am »

I'm a very heavy sleeper, and I cannot seem to do WILD. I also tend to have a lot of Prophetic Dreams but when my Prophetic dreams become reality, it causes a sense of Deja Vu combined with near-crippling Nausea. As for my success so far with Lucid dreams, that has been limited to switching dreams only once a sleep cycle at the expense of oversleeping, with an ultimate result of tending to forget dreams more than remember. (The visual effect of dream-switching is like changing TV channels.)
I began trying Lucid dreams when a bunch of nightmares plagued me. The switches were successful in the fact they switched from the nightmares to something more acceptable.

My goal is to become a full-time lucid dreamer, and I need pointers on how to handle this with my situation as listed above, I am working on saving for a Personal and Dream journal, of which if things go well I should have said journal(s) at the end of this week.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:38 am »

Hello!

My alarm worked last night.

I tried to use WILD, but I ended up laying there for an hour doing nothing.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2014, 12:16:23 pm »

I told myself that I would start again yesterday, did all the meditation and reality checks every time I switched scene (going through a door, into or out of a car etc. I find that works a little better in my dreams since I am rarely in the same place the entire time) and got lucid (or at least, dreamt about being lucid) towards the end of my dream. I didn't do much, since I got a little too excited and woke up almost immediately, but I did manage to open a door without touching it which was cool.

I just have to say though, wow, I really didn't expect that holding my nose and inhaling through it would actually work but it does! It's weird though - it's like it's not working but is at the same time. I can only imagine that dream-me couldn't breath but real-me could (I can't really explain it better). This is probably going to be my go-to RC along side trying to remember how I got to places for now since it's pretty quick.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:18:04 pm by Carnwennan »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21