Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven Diplomat  (Read 594 times)

CancerousCthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elven Diplomat
« on: July 29, 2014, 02:20:03 pm »

So, I genned a fresh world for 40.05. I was all set to spit in the elven diplomat's face when I saw on the changelog that elven diplomacy had returned (or something to that effect). But it turns out my civilization is at war with elves, so I have no idea if the elven diplomat is reinstated. So my question is: Does anyone know for sure whether the elven diplomat who asks for a tree quota has returned, and is this the cause for my civilizations war with them?
Guys I don't think we want to mess with using dwarves as fusion material here. Be careful.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:21:36 pm »

So, I genned a fresh world for 40.05. I was all set to spit in the elven diplomat's face when I saw on the changelog that elven diplomacy had returned (or something to that effect). But it turns out my civilization is at war with elves, so I have no idea if the elven diplomat is reinstated. So my question is: Does anyone know for sure whether the elven diplomat who asks for a tree quota has returned, and is this the cause for my civilizations war with them?

It has returned, but that's not why you're at war. World-gen wars are determined not by diplomats but by ethics differences. You will need to generate a new world in order to piss off the elves.

CancerousCthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:50:20 pm »

It has returned, but that's not why you're at war. World-gen wars are determined not by diplomats but by ethics differences. You will need to generate a new world in order to piss off the elves.

Thanks for confirming, but are you sure that the new relation of a tree-quota has absolutely NOTHING to do with relations during world-gen? I've never had a world where dwarves were at war with elves from my history of normal world-gen (No advanced parameters).
Guys I don't think we want to mess with using dwarves as fusion material here. Be careful.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:34 pm »

Chances are if the elves started it it is very loosely related to tree choppery, with the pretext for war being mistreatment of trees plants.

Zac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 05:42:27 pm »

Thanks for confirming, but are you sure that the new relation of a tree-quota has absolutely NOTHING to do with relations during world-gen? I've never had a world where dwarves were at war with elves from my history of normal world-gen (No advanced parameters).

The elven ethic is quite different from dwarves ethic (they eat dead people, mainly) so they often end at war with each other during world-gen.