Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: diplomats chat now?  (Read 1040 times)

ComatosePhoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
diplomats chat now?
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:40:46 pm »

Don't remember ever seeing an actual conversation take place before, they always just go "let us discuss your ..." maybe I just missed it in the past.

If it is new, this might be a great way to find out about incoming hordes/titans/necromancers.

as it is, this information is a little out of date.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: diplomats chat now?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:42:53 pm »

Shipgift must be a really boring place.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:12:25 pm »

Yes, diplomats chat now. Because things are actually happening in the world outside your fort. Before v0.40.xx, time froze outside your fort.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 04:07:32 pm »

My first conversation with a diplomat had them gravely informing me that the world was the same as always.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 12:12:27 am »

My first conversation with a diplomat had them gravely informing me that the world was the same as always.
That's all I get ever. Bumberland must be a very boring world.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MJMCP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:17:54 am »

I get that in my world because I'm basically trying to bring a Dwarven Civ back from the brink of extinction. So, there is only me and the mountainhomes. Other maps with big dwarf civs, I get a spamming of mayoral and invasion notifications. It's like a dwarven facebook feed.