Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Need a new game suggestion  (Read 2587 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new game suggestion
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 04:03:08 am »

You know I see that part get referenced a lot and I managed to completely miss it on my playthrough. I guess I wasn't paying attention at all right then.

The Replica AI is fantastic though, because they do appear very smart, but you can also make them panic or catch them unawares and get them to do stupid things.

I heard radio chatter in the next room at one point so I slid a prox mine around the corner and banged on a nearby chair. They sent one guy to check out the noise, but he was pretty reluctant to follow until I shined my flashlight on the wall in front of him, distracting him enough that he walked over my prox mine. His buddies ran to help, so I shotgunned them.

I will say a couple times in the game I got demoralized because my actions felt pointless (I know this mission is going to fail because the last one did, and the one before that one did, and I don't know enough of the story to be near enough to endgame to succeed at something yet), or in one or two places the game was just a series of corners with enemies behind them. Thankfully those are brief.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new game suggestion
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:45 am »

You know I see that part get referenced a lot and I managed to completely miss it on my playthrough. I guess I wasn't paying attention at all right then.

It's possibly because the mission where that happens was also the mission available in the demo. Or at least the same situation happened in the demo.

That's probably one of the scariest moments, because there's no fanfare beforehand.

The bullet time made the game enjoyable for me. Went through most of the game using only the pistols.

Oh, speaking of bullet time, "Max Payne" the first one would be worth a look into. I've only played through it once and I don't remember much but it's a Film Noir type despair cycle of revenge, with neat comic book strip cutscenes.

More open world, "Giants: Citizen Kabuto" was a benchmark for graphics when it came out. Very pretty skies.
It's got lots of rather English humour and play style changes between third person squad-based, third person solo and base building would you believe. It's not really an FPS though.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 2 [3]