Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End IC  (Read 10309 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End IC
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »

"Garagh arghable."

He turns to stare at you, obviously angry.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2014, 11:28:55 pm »

"We're no more his betters than a tree is the better of a mountain. They can't be measured using the same system," Oso drawled.

"Unless you have doubts about his ability to literally stomp you flat?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2014, 11:41:30 pm »

"In strength obviously he is much better. I won't dispute that. However I can perform feats of eloquence he can't even dream of. As, I assume, our fine dwarvern friends. I would like to point out, further, that a mountain is far better than a tree. Many mountain can support many trees. A tree can support zero mountains. A mountain can contain countless creatures. A Tree can contain many many creatures. But not enough to matter. No offense to you my large friend. I'm sure you are doing your best of course."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2014, 11:59:22 pm »

"I think there are certain trees that would disagree; you would be surprised at the size of some....besides which, a tree can grow far faster than a mountain, and bloom far more beautifully. A tree can multiply, sending out spawn to grow into trees of their own, which a mountain cannot do. A tree can be cut and used for the crafting of boats, whereas stone is good only for barricades and the construction of homes; wood, too, can do this, though. A mountain cannot burn, like a tree can, but neither can it breathe and respond to stimuli like the living being a tree is. As I said; the two cannot be compared."

Osoero smiled deviously now, though.

"However, if we are judging people based on eloquence, would that not make me, and, more importantly to your mind I'm sure, the elf, your betters? Or do you use some more incredulous rating system that you will tinker with and shift whenever I come up with a suitable counterpoint such that you will always come out on top by some convoluted logic of your own?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2014, 12:06:03 am »

"I do not have to. When it comes to eloquence you have me beaten. I am not a fool. I simply see the whole of the matter. Your pretty talk of trees relies on a lot of shifting of tongues. But if it were to come to contests of strength, dexterity, crafting, and warfare a dwarf would beat a human any day of the week. You seem to get caught upon the idea that I am claiming that I, personally, are better than any individual human or elf or what have you. I am not. I am sure there are humans who put me to shame with their skills in every area. However, the greatest Dwarf is better than the greatest anything else. The best dwarf craftsman, for example, is better than the best Human craftsmen. Do not take it personally. You seem a decent fellow. You seem a little hung up on making this a personal issue."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2014, 12:08:47 am »

Krag points at you, raises his hand, then points to himself, and raises his hand higher, suitably smug.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2014, 12:27:44 am »

"I do not have to. When it comes to eloquence you have me beaten. I am not a fool. I simply see the whole of the matter. Your pretty talk of trees relies on a lot of shifting of tongues. But if it were to come to contests of strength, dexterity, crafting, and warfare a dwarf would beat a human any day of the week. You seem to get caught upon the idea that I am claiming that I, personally, are better than any individual human or elf or what have you. I am not. I am sure there are humans who put me to shame with their skills in every area. However, the greatest Dwarf is better than the greatest anything else. The best dwarf craftsman, for example, is better than the best Human craftsmen. Do not take it personally. You seem a decent fellow. You seem a little hung up on making this a personal issue."

Osoero pauses a moment. When he speaks, he speaks very deliberately.

"Would you, then, say that the best dwarven wizard, was better than, say...the best elven wizard? Or the best dwarven archer perhaps, compared to the best elven one? Perhaps a contest of slinging stones with halflings should be had. Or a contest of illusion with the gnomes. A beauty contest with the finest human maidens, perhaps? Judged by the standards of all races, mind you, not simply dwarfish ones. And then, of course, there are dragons, who are individually more capable than any member of any lesser race; and I acknowledge that we are lesser than they, individually. I mean, they're fucking dragons. What can you expect?"

He shrugged before continuing.

"I simply wish to point out that you are incorrect, so that you might interact smoothly with all of our compatriots in the future. A dwarven craftsmen, is, of course, better than a craftsmen of almost any other race, given your preternatural disposition with metals and stone. But in the carving of wood? I would daresay an elf would have you beaten. In a contest of pure strength, an orc would almost certainly win; you are certainly tough, but you are not naturally inclined towards such great musculature as they. At magic...well, you're a dwarf and you know better than I your race's skill with such craft, or rather their dislike for it. And then there is the matter of gods...are you truly so foolish as to believe that the Dwarf God, ahem, dwarfs every other god in every respect?"

The warlock sighs and stops walking, putting his hands behind his head.

"You must understand; I know that dwarves are quite skilled in their areas of expertise. But you have such a love of the underground that you can scarcely feed yourselves without coming into mortal peril; your nations rely on food imports to survive at all. You cannot beat any of the taller race's in, well, a race, and you don't have to. You are skilled with what you are skilled, dwarf. Do not fool yourself into thinking you are so skilled at everything."

Before the fighter can reply, the warlock continues to walk. One moment, he was dispensing sagacious wisdom, the next he was cracking terrible jokes. A strange fellow indeed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:18 am »

Hearing Osoero's clever remark, Ruvitsuvi smiles to himself, smugly.

"Also, Ulric this is rather inexpensive. Not that you would know about such mere mortal things as prices."

He quickly gets out of earshot before retaliation occurs.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2014, 10:12:20 am »

Continuing to argue amongst themselves, the party continues on, slowing their pace slightly as the ground begins to gain a slight upward grade. You pass through several cuts in the faces of the tiered cliffs, varying from simple ramps to half-carved stone stairways, each taking you a level further upward. The trees thin out from relatively thick forest to occasional scraggly stands, and you see more and more large boulders embedded in the dirt. Even the grass has grown sparse.

Despite it being a clear day, the nature of the cliffs alongside the other visual obstacles make it difficult to see very far ahead. As you pass alongside a steep, rough cliff, the surface of the face of it just ahead ripples unnaturally. The same occurs simultaneously on the upslope surface of a fairly large boulder to your right. A quartet of vaguely humanoid forms -- one noticeably larger than the others -- emerge from the rock, each seemingly carved from the grey-brown stone by the hand of a mad sculptor!

Quote from: Initiative
Ulric Farseer [15/15]
Krag Bloodskull [16/16]
Tradok Rawhide [16/16]
Osoero Devilsblood [7/7]
Cernan Tiburux [9/9]
Ruvitsuvi the Red [6/6]
Slork Hemrun [13/13]

M. Earth Elemental 1 [Healthy]
S. Earth Elemental 1 [Healthy]
S. Earth Elemental 2 [Healthy]
S. Earth Elemental 3 [Healthy]
Spoiler: Tacmap (1 square = 5') (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2014, 10:34:22 am »

Tradok runs at an elemental and hacks it with his axe!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2014, 12:31:03 pm »

"Ragharagh!"

Krag bounds twenty feet east, drawing his bow on the way, and, gripping it two-handed by one end, swings at the larger elemental.

Move: 20' right
Standard: Draw Greatclub, swing at M1, Power Attack 1.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2014, 12:54:54 pm »

"Elementals? Fun..."

Move to N6, Attack Medium Elemental.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:57 pm »

"Time to earn my keep"

Move to U6 and Power Attack 1 M Earth Elemental 1 with my great axe
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2014, 01:14:58 pm »

((Sorry I've been less than active. Normal activity will resume now.))

Cernan has been rather quiet, smiling at his bickering party members.
The group's first sight of Cernan is the shine of his platinum scales, reflecting a light from above. The dragon-born shifted his pack, and sprinted the rest of the way to the group.

"Sorry I'm late, chaps. Took me a little longer than I expected to arrive. You chaps all ready to go?"

"Blimey! What the hell are you!?" Ulric couldn't quite place what the creature before him was. It looked somewhat Draconic but he wasn't exactly sure.
"I am a son of Bahamut. All you need to know about my heritage is that I am more than I was. My kind serve a nobler purpose than other mortals."

Ready action: Cure Minor Wounds on anyone who gets injured.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2014, 02:38:30 pm »

Ruvitsuvi casts Ray of Frost at the nearest golem/elemental/what have you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13