Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End IC  (Read 10323 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End IC
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2014, 01:18:26 pm »

"I daresay this is not an old mine, sir! Nevertheless, if you are indeed the... people sent to resolve this matter, then you may seek out the foreman for that sector in the cliffs to the east. He is a dwarf by the name of Horkas Glorygem. I expect that he is waiting for sign of the missing crew's return yet again, the old fool."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2014, 01:28:39 pm »

Ruvitsuvi sighs, and mutters under his breath, "Oh, for the love of all that is magic... not MORE dwarves.

He hobbles back to his cart and sets off east.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2014, 04:08:38 pm »

Osoero considered, glad for the shift in temperament and attitude in the dwarf.

"Perhaps. In a fight, almost certainly. I would be less than useless without my magic for such a purpose, I am sure. However...fighting is not all there is. Many dwarves are both craftsdwarf and warrior, correct? From what I know of Wizards, the same is true; in fact, I hear it is even mildly common amongst your kin, Runecrafters and the like, yes? In any case, the memorization and rigors involved in learning a magic that must be taken from the world, wrenched and bound to your will, rather than that which has been given freely, like mine, or that which comes naturally, like I believe our elven companion's does, trains one's mind marvelously, I am sure. I would not be surprised to hear that even if an accomplished wizard lost all power and chance at magic, he would be more than capable of making a name for himself in other ways....as would a sorceror, I have no doubt, as an emissary or merchant, if their skill with words is any indication of their ability to wrap a person in silvered language. Bards, well..."

The warlock smiled genuinely at the dwarf, as what such an individual would do was obvious no matter their skill at magic.

"And then, of course, there are those with both steel and spell, whom I'm sure will do fine in any situation regardless. After all, the skill one picks up in a temple, or traveling forests and caverns, can be put to use somehow, I'm sure, even lacking the magic that makes them truly spectacular."

A mournful expression, not quite ruined by the spark of mirth that remained in it, covered the warlock's face. "I, unfortunately, can only do but a few simple tricks with my own magic; breaking a link of chain, or shattering chandeliers. Nipping the heels of miscreants who would beleaguer me from afar; yet just a little farther and I can do nought to cease their gibbering. It is with words that I think I excel far more, would you not agree?"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:10:32 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »

Hearing Osoero speak, Ruvitsuvi smiles a touch. It was good to hear of another person respecting the fine art of spellcraft.

He snaps his pipe out of existence and pours himself a mug of ale from the massive barrel in the back of the cart.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2014, 04:46:21 pm »

"Dwarvern Runecrafting is different than elf magic. I can see how the intricacies might be lost on those without deeper understanding of Runecrafting however. But I suppose you make a decent point." Ulric said.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2014, 06:00:31 pm »

Tradok seems nervous.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2014, 09:58:08 pm »

Leading the way in his cart, Ruvitsuvi is the first to catch sight of a squat figure clad in leather and cloth standing atop a small boulder, peering up at the cliffs. The balding dwarf, beard tinged with grey, is so intently focused that he scarcely notices the approach of your party, jumping slightly when the cart creaks to a halt beside him.

"Oh! M'word, you nearly took my breath away, friend! I regret to say this, but I'm rather busy at the moment, so unless you have some urgent business..." at this, he trails away, gaze drifting across the group and up Krag's rather substantial bulk, "Ah, you wouldn't happen to be the help I sent off for, would you?" he asks in an almost pathetically hopeful tone.

3. Run Resize Enable

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »

"We is!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 10:13:56 pm »

Krag gestures at the dwarf, then at the nearby rocks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 10:44:52 pm »

"Yes, we are the company you've sent for. I am Ruvitsuvi, a master of magic. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Ruvitsuvi tips his hat with magic.

"So, what seems to be the problem here?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »

"We is!"
"R-really? Wonderful! You see, one of my survey crews uncovered a new cave scarcely a week ago. They came back ecstatic, said that they had already set up the beginnings of a camp inside. After a night back at central operations they left again with more supplies," he hesitates, licking his lips nervously, "That's five days past, and we've neither seen nor heard from them since, and the runner who went their way three days ago, she never returned either. It's not like anything dangerous is up in the cliffs, only the occasional earth elemental -- the pesky things started popping up a few months ago, and they're easy enough to run past..."

"...what was I saying? Oh, yes, I need the lot of you strapping-"
he pauses, looking at Ruvitsuvi, Cernan, and Ulric, er, capable folk to go up there and investigate. I'm afraid I can't do it alone, and the camp guards are busy enough as it is. Y-you will do this, won't you?

3. Run Resize Enable

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2014, 11:00:48 pm »

"Sure, thats where we're being paid for. Now do you want us to bring back the bodies or the equipment?", Slork asked flatly.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2014, 11:04:55 pm »

Krag glares at the man and points toward his nervous perspiration.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2014, 11:05:06 pm »

"Why, of course."

Ruvitsuvi takes his equipment sack and ladder, saddles his mule, and offers the dwarf a pint of ale to calm his nerves. He then sets off.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:40 pm »

"You know elf, you seem awfully fond of that drink. Handing it out like it's water and giving it away like it is on fire. That can't be good for you constitution." Ulric says before noticing Krag's actions. "Whoa there big guy, you can't be making them sort of gestures to your betters. It isn't proper."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13