Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End IC  (Read 10303 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End IC
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2014, 04:19:57 pm »

Tradok runs over and hacks at any elemental. And yes, I mean any.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

Tradok lumbers closer to the remaining elementals, not quite quick enough to close the gap entirely.

((I assumed that you would rather take a normal move action as opposed to a full-round Run action that would let them both stand there and attack you without moving. Heavy armor's not a day on the beach, eh?

Also, Osoero isn't near close enough to Ray of Frost either of the remaining elementals. If you're talking about the brown Ms in a smaller size font than everything else, those are the mules, currently standing around doing nothing much.))

Quote from: Initiative
Ulric Farseer [15/15]
Krag Bloodskull [16/16]
Tradok Rawhide [16/16]

Osoero Devilsblood [7/7]
Cernan Tiburux [9/9]
Ruvitsuvi the Red [6/6]
Slork Hemrun [4/13]

S. Earth Elemental 2 [Healthy]
S. Earth Elemental 3 [Healthy]

Spoiler: Tacmap (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2014, 06:23:04 pm »

((What? I don't use Ray of Frost. I use Eldritch Blast. It has a 60 foot range. I'm a warlock.

If you'd rather, I can get close and try to Shatter Them, but it's not the rule is supposed to work RAW))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2014, 06:30:54 pm »

((I was the one using RoF.

I couldn't tell which thingies were earth elementals, and I can't see the tacmap because of proxy bandwidth-saving stuff.))

If I cannot hit any elementals, I move closer to them until I can.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2014, 07:43:05 pm »

Taking a stance, Osoero looses another beam of crackling energy [16], which washes over his target [3], chipping away at it.

Cernan calls upon the power of Bahamut, releasing a small burst of healing energy, slightly mending Slork's injuries.

Ruvitsuvi clambers down from his cart, darting forward. With a muttered word and a few twists of his fingers, he [12] strikes one of the elementals with a ray of frigid arcane power [3], further damaging it.

After being healed, Slork opts to retreat behind his allies.

--

Despite the damage done to them, the two remaining elementals press the attack with almost mindless persistance. The former third of the group steps forward, bringing a clublike arm down towards Tradok [17], smashing home [7] against Tradok's left side.

The second rushes forward at Cernan, inadvertently moving too close to Krag, who [AoO: 33] smashes his greatclub directly downward [25], abruptly erasing it from existence. A small cloud of dust rolls forward over Cernan and Krag, all that remains of the abortive attack.

The sole surviving elemental is 20 feet east-southeast of Ruvitsuvi; Tradok is between them.

((What? I don't use Ray of Frost. I use Eldritch Blast. It has a 60 foot range. I'm a warlock.

If you'd rather, I can get close and try to Shatter Them, but it's not the rule is supposed to work RAW))
((Bleh, another long night. Unfortunately it's the only time I have free for now -- thankfully this will cease to be the case very soon, so I'll be able to post when not dead tired or drinking to forget. Yes, it was a name transposition; your posts were right next to each other. :/

Also, thanks for letting me know about that, Tawa. I'll try to include more direct descriptions in future for your sake now that I know that.))

Ulric Farseer [15/15]
Krag Bloodskull [16/16]
Tradok Rawhide [9/16]
Osoero Devilsblood [7/7]
Cernan Tiburux [9/9]
Ruvitsuvi the Red [6/6]
Slork Hemrun [5/13]

S. Earth Elemental 3 [Badly Hurt]

Spoiler: Tacmap (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2014, 10:59:32 pm »

Dashing south as quickly as he could Ulric smiled as he lined up a shot with the remaining elemental. "Hey you! Catch!" So saying he released an arrow at the small elemental, eagerly awaiting it's demise.

Move to N10, Fire at Rocky the Remaining Earth Elemental.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2014, 09:58:08 pm »

Ulric shifts position, firing again [6], but the arrow simply bounces off, even less effective than his premature taunt.

Ulric Farseer [15/15]
Krag Bloodskull [16/16]
Tradok Rawhide [9/16]
Osoero Devilsblood [7/7]
Cernan Tiburux [9/9]
Ruvitsuvi the Red [6/6]
Slork Hemrun [13/13]

S. Earth Elemental 3 [Badly Hurt]

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »

((As Remuthra has been offline for nearly a week, I'm going to temporarily NPC him for the sake of not getting bogged down.

Also, PrivateNomad. You took damage there. I don't want to have to keep track of it, but I will if I need to.  :P))
--

Krag idly lumbers forward, tapping the final elemental [32] for [26] truly massive overkill. The elemental bites the dust.

--

Everyone gains 250 XP.

Slightly further ahead, you notice a corpse sprawled out on the rough-hewn stone stairs leading further up the cliff face, right across your path. Whoever it was was female, probably human or elf, but it's a tad hard to tell which, given that her head is splattered all over the rocks.

Cernan [24] notices a pair of wooden sticks protruding from the corpse's left calf and lower back, which upon closer examination turn out to be arrow shafts; presumably the woman managed to break off the ends at some point, but wasn't able to treat her wounds further. The spray of blood indicates that she was killed here, but a rusty-red trail leads further up the path, indicating that the arrow wounds are older. The corpse is still fresh; she died less than three days ago. A glass phial is clutched in the body's right hand, while the left holds the hilt of a dagger, the blade snapped cleanly off.

3. Run Resize Enable

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2014, 07:12:31 pm »

((Found an error with Tradok's DR and fixed it.))
Tradok grumbles and rubs where he was hit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2014, 07:36:58 pm »

"Well, that was an interesting fight."

Ruvitsuvi takes no interest in the body and clambers into his cart.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2014, 08:02:20 pm »

"Dead is dead but... We should bury the lass. She may not be a dwarf... or useful... or alive... or relevant... Actually maybe we should... No. It is human custom to bury the dead. She looks human to me. We bury her."

Try to bury the body. As quickly as possible.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »

Osoero unassumingly filches the glass phial from the dead woman's hands. Poor thing. All alone...but now, Osoero could keep the poor, lonely phial company.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2014, 10:43:11 pm »

"If I may, Ulric, before we bury her."
Cernan kneels over the corpse, and offers a short prayer.
"To those who will receive this woman's soul, look upon it with mercy."
He kneels quietly for a moment, and then stands, to help bury the woman.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2014, 04:19:54 pm »

Osoero casually picks up the phial. It is small, perhaps a mouthful worth of clear fluid which sparkles slightly as the sunlight passes through it. The glass is clear but undecorated, shaped in a curved style, well-sealed with a cork stopper. There is an ink-stamped mark on the bottom identifying it as property of Glastone Prospecting.

Cernan offers a short prayer, which most of his comrades ignore. Neither he nor Ulric have digging tools, but after a minute of gesturing and asking manage to get Krag to dig a small scrape out of the clay-ridden soil with his pick. It's the work of a few minutes more to lay the corpse in it and cover it with a low cairn of loose rocks. It's not much, but it'll have to do.

--

With a good portion of the party uninterested in the burial, it's somewhat of a release of tension for you to continue on. This time it's only a short distance before you halt again. The path you've been following leads directly into a cliff face, and you can make out daylight within. It appears that it's a small canyon, though you can't see very much from outside. The rock is much the same shade as elsewhere and very rough. Some scattered chunks lie on the floor of the ravine.

You can hear faint sobbing coming from within.

Osoero
and Cernan quickly notice that, when listened to more carefully, it sounds distorted and abnormal, as if someone was trying to reproduce the sound from a faint memory.

3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2014, 04:21:49 pm »

"Someone's crying. Something's wrong. We have to go help them! Onwards lads. Onwards!"

Move towards the noise. See if I can't spot what it is.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13