Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible herbalism bug *[Solved]*  (Read 395 times)

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
Possible herbalism bug *[Solved]*
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:09 pm »

The problem is very simple: my dwarves aren't gathering plants at the surface (not sure if they would be able to harvest on farm plots at the surface as I need to get surface plants' seeds first to try it), and I'm sure that at least one of them has the Herbalism skill.

What is happening exactly is the following: I designate specific plants to be gathered, and there isn't a single dwarf that gets near them and gathers them; instead, they ignore them as if they weren't designated for gathering.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but plant gathering used to work for me in the other version (0.34.11).

Note: Farm plots underground work normally.

-ShadowStrike-

PS: I'm not sure wether I should place "possible bugs" which I'm not sure about in the bugs category or in here.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:24:10 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Possible herbalism bug
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:19:09 pm »

To ask the obvious questions: Have you checked whether your herbalist actually has that labor enabled? Is he busy doing other things? Can he get to the plants you're trying to gather?

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
Re: Possible herbalism bug
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:22:59 pm »

Nevermind, Dwarf Therapist solved it...

None of them had the labor enabled for some odd reason.

Why would dwarves with herbalism skill have it disabled anyway?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:36:20 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.