Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40.04 ---> 40.05 Saves broken? (If you mess with raws, HAH!)  (Read 2715 times)

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that big a deal really, but I am curious, did anyone else get a "Missing Word Definition" error when trying to load a 40.04 save in version 40.05?

(EDIT: Note that I copied the new .05 raws in to the .04 save to bring it along to all .05 settings, and perhaps that's what broke it, given the nature of the error message)

Ah well, new world gen here I come!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:54:43 pm by Walkaboutout »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: 40.04 ---> 40.05 Saves broken?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:40:35 pm »

Yeah, there were a bunch of raw changes in 40.05. Saves from 40.04 should have been mostly compatible (you wouldn't get some of the bugfixes), but changing all the raws in mid-game can break stuff if you're not careful.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: 40.04 ---> 40.05 Saves broken?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »

Yeah -- you can't copy over the raws, because one of the words was spelled wrong, so it got a different token.  And who knows what else would happen.  The old save should work if the old raws are used.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40.04 ---> 40.05 Saves broken? (If you mess with raws, HAH)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »

Thank you for the info :-). I'll tweak the title so as not to give a wrong impression. Off to my new world :D

Much thanks for this awesome creation!

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: 40.04 ---> 40.05 Saves broken? (If you mess with raws, HAH!)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:52:46 pm »

I'm having this problem, I didn't mess with any raws. I copied my save over to 40.05 (pheobus pack) ran the save and init updaters, and get a missing word definition error every time

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:00:59 pm »

I'm having this problem, I didn't mess with any raws. I copied my save over to 40.05 (pheobus pack) ran the save and init updaters, and get a missing word definition error every time
"Updating save" is updating raws. Graphics pack replaces raws because of [TILE:238]and so tokens. It seems your graphics pack also replaces language raws. But it should not(there are no TILE tokens in language_*.txt). Try to replace them back.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:08:36 pm by sv-esk »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 11:13:18 pm »

"Updating save" is updating raws. Graphics pack replases raws because of [TILE:238]and so tokens. It seems your graphics pack also replaces language raws. But it should not(there are no TILE tokens in language_*.txt). Try to replace them back.

It's likely purposeful, to change accented characters within languages.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:23 am »

"Updating save" is updating raws. Graphics pack replaces raws because of [TILE:238]and so tokens. It seems your graphics pack also replaces language raws. But it should not(there are no TILE tokens in language_*.txt). Try to replace them back.
So I should copy over the langauge_*.txt files from 40.04 to the 40.05 directory? It seems toady changed the spelling of Yor to Yore or the other way.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 12:11:43 am »

Yeah, if you change the language token back to YOR in your save raws, it might load.  The old saves are expecting YOR.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 12:42:43 am »

Yeah, if you change the language token back to YOR in your save raws, it might load.  The old saves are expecting YOR.

Okay, so what I did was I copied my saves over, ran the updater included in Pheobus, and edited the /region1/raw/language_*.txt (each one) and changed YORE to YOR

still get a "missing word definition" on load attempt.

[edit] missed languages_words
edited YORE as well as the NOUN:yore:yore parts and then it seems okay.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:44:43 am by crossmr »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 12:46:55 am »

Yeah, I think the language_words capitalized token is the only one that matters.  The others might throw lesser errors in the log.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 09:31:26 am »

You should probably also avoid trying to update the creature raws, since TIGERMAN moved from creature_savage_tropical.txt to creature_large_tropical.txt and would likely result in all creatures in between* being loaded in the wrong order and resulting in hilarity and/or crashes.

* everything past CHEETAH in creature_large_tropical.txt
* everything in creature_large_tundra.txt
* everything in creature_mountain_new.txt
* everything in creature_next_underground.txt
* everything in creature_ocean_new.txt
* everything in creature_other.txt
* everything in creature_reptiles.txt
* everything in creature_riverlakepool_new.txt
* everything up through SCORPION_DESERT_GIANT in creature_savage_tropical.txt
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:49:37 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.