Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Tribal games! Turn 2 summer! (5/5 players still alive)  (Read 3569 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Tribal games! Turn 1! (5/5 players still alive)
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 11:25:36 am »

PTW, and wish I could've joined the game...

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 11:03:58 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Nunzillor

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 12:14:16 am »

((GM: Please note that I have made a small edit in research.))

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:58 am »

Turn 2 Summer

Tip of the day: Remember that fluff is important. If you ask for axes instead of weapons. Thats what you will get. There will be no statistical difference between ax and weapons. But "The ten axmen of DOOM" will revive much more attention that "10 soldiers of standardness"

-What an exiting first week! A tradegate has been opened between Captain Smith and Arlia. Thats probably the most significant event that could change the power balance in the whole game.
- Indeed. They could trade poison for weapons. Creating a very strong opening with superior equipment for both the tribes. It will force the other players into the intrigue of the TRIBAL GAMES. Will they try to form their own alliances, or break this trade-agreement in some way or another?
But thats not the only significant event that happend. We posted a poll regarding whom Vexian should attack. It as a close call between Captian smith and Caine Kleon, and a small minority who voted for Sevastian Resnik.
I have also heard some rumours that the GM has opened several temporary portal between some of the players. They should be aware of raids during the next season....

Caine Kleon

Your fishermen had extreme luck, and the water full of fish managed to fully stock your granaries my them-self. Unfortunately, that meant that the meat the trappers caught rotted away. 5 trappers managed to capture 2 healthy animals. Not large enough to be used asa  mount, but they could work as companions. Your research goes very well, you have worked out a lot of the theory of animal training. Much thanks to Caine. One or your tribesmen now have it figured out. You hold a small unarmed competition, and several tribesmen who learned a trick or two. Sadly, no one stood out from the rest. Your blog didn't receive much attention. Most experts agree that you will have to prove your not a coward before fans will  change their view of you.

Spoiler: Sjm9876/Caine Kleon (click to show/hide)

Captain "Ghost" Smith

Your start to instruct your men in the art of stealth. And this goes extremely well. By the end of the week, ten men is almost as good as you are.  The research of camouflage  goes okey. The men has started experimenting with several places found in the caverns to create a standard camouflage, but they are a long way from being finished. The steel research goes poorly, and hardly make any progress at all.

You have also found three possible areas where there might exist fluxstone. It will take 30 manturns to excavate one of these places.

Sevastian Resnik

You eat the rest of of surplus of food. Making the hunters able to focus on pelt hunting. They manage to kill five animals large enough to make pelts from. The tribe begins to experiment on these pelts immediately. They make some progress and estimate that they are about 2/5 of the wauy unlock the art of tanning. However, one of your tribesmen accidental manages to ruin all of your pelts during the process. Your other experiment team process is a bit slower, although there are not accidents there.

Your stroke of bad luck continues as your sulphur team goes poorly aswell. You have found 10 possible areas where might be able to mine sulfur. In atleast one of them. It takes 25 manturns to excavate  one of these areas.

Arlia

You already knows how to make bows (carpentry), so they focus on trapping aswell. The research goes well. However, an experiment goes awry, and a few people gets injured. Luckily, no one died. Several new people learned a thing or two about medicine.

Spoiler: Samarkandr/Arlia (click to show/hide)

Varee

Your men train with you. And you teach them a thing or two about surviving wounds. A few of them learned to defend them self better.  Your men also found a way of capturing the wild beasts. But it was at a great cost. 5 men was injured, and five men died. You can now use the hunters lodge for trying to capture these beasts. But the risk is still great. Your hunters managed to capture one of these beasts this turn. They are storing it in a hovel.

Spoiler: Varee/Vexian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:16:40 am by Evil Marahadja »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: The Tribal games! Turn 2 summer! (5/5 players still alive)
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 12:43:15 pm »

((Question: Do spears count as wooden weapons, because of the shafts, or iron weapons, because of the spearheads?
And you set my number of glassmakers to 12, but I trained 10, on top of the 5 I already had.))

Spoiler: Resnik's Log (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actual Turn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:56:42 pm by swordsmith04 »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 12:50:27 pm »

PTW

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

((Question: Do spears count as wooden weapons, because of the shafts, or iron weapons, because of the spearheads?
And you set my number of glassmakers to 12, but I trained 10, on top of the 5 I already had.))
Fixed. And they count as a iron weapon. You can make bows (and other tier 1 ranged weapons. Crossbows are harder to make and therefore tier 2), if you can come up with a ranged weapon which are as powerful as a bow, go ahead.

15 people (with militia training) arm themselves with the swords and bows made last season and search the outer tula for portals. (If I'd know if there were portals there, have one guy with militia training teach 14 non-militia tribespeople.)

Sadly, the portals only materialise when someone enters the portal from the other side. I will count the action as "Keep a watch out for enemies, unless you change it. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:19:45 pm by Evil Marahadja »

Nunzillor

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 05:36:06 pm »

((I asked for 30 people to be trained in stealth.  Does this mean that 30 people were trained, but only 10 people got something out of it?))

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 05:53:57 pm »

((I asked for 30 people to be trained in stealth.  Does this mean that 30 people were trained, but only 10 people got something out of it?))

Indeed. It takes a while for people to learn stuff. Especially if you have a low teacher/student ratio.

Nunzillor

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 06:39:30 pm »

((That makes sense.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:43:55 pm by Nunzillor »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 09:06:26 am »

Question: does the trapmaker require  2 wood per worker, or 2 wood total?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 05:57:26 am »

Question: does the trapmaker require  2 wood per worker, or 2 wood total?

2 per worker!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

Spoiler: Resource Allocation (click to show/hide)

"Our tribe is about to make it's move. Watch closely."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 06:07:16 am »

Still waiting for three players to post their turns. Cant really start progressing the turns before everyone has submitted either, since there is the chance of a high number of player interactions!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2014, 06:57:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"So viewer demand the coward's blood right? Well beware coward! We will be coming after you!"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:00:16 am by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4