Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Tribal games! Turn 2 summer! (5/5 players still alive)  (Read 3567 times)

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Tribal games! Turn 2 summer! (5/5 players still alive)
« on: July 27, 2014, 06:27:31 am »

And the time is finally here for the annual TRIBAL GAMES! The show watched by over 50 planets and trillions of humans all over the empire! As usual there will be five contestants, commanding and  their own tribes, preparing them for war against the other players. There will be intrigue, assassinations, betrayal and ofcourse, war! The last player standing wins, and fame and glory beyond imagination awaits. For the others, only death awaits.

This year we are going back to the roots of humanity, the tribes will start the game with very crude equipment. Swords, leather-armour, and other barbaric equipment. But as the game progress, the game makers has promised to throw in several surprises for us! Very exciting!

And as a last announcement; There is still a few days until registration closes. If you want to be one of the players fighting in THE TRIBAL GAMES. Feel free to sign up. Don´t do it lightly though, to lead a tribe to glory you need to have leadership skills, courage, a tactical knowledge, and style. If you win the viewers favour they will sponsor your tribe with strange equipment and other wonderful gifts!

Spoiler: Application form (click to show/hide)

Players;

Glossary

Spoiler: Gameplay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tribeskills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Off the record (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:03:33 am by Evil Marahadja »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tribal games! (0/5 players)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:28:09 am »

Reserved for stuff.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:05:48 am »

Who are you? (Name, gender, age, former profession etc)  Vexian, male 28, former tribal cheftain.

Why do you want to join THE TRIBAL GAMES?
For fame and gloey of me,my tribe,and my family.
Describe your ideal pocket-world and tribe! (Climate, size, surroundings etc, your starting tribe will have around 150 members, where 100 will have some minimal combat training) icy valley sueround by high sea that is partially frozen. Multitude of large furly beasts roaming the land. Hunter and fisher male population with female hame labour. Living in caves and burrow near the shore.

What skills distinguish you from the plebs? (Choose two) Durability. Unbreakable pride.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:48 am »

Reserved. Character sheet incoming
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:27:42 am »

Who are you? Arlia, female, 52, former shaman

Why do you want to join THE TRIBAL GAMES? The spirits have directed me upon this path

Describe your ideal pocket-world and tribe! Tropical forest near a great river, in which a meeting of the waters occurs, 15 square kilometers, rich in tropical plants

What skills distinguish you from the plebs?
Shamanic Medicine (relates to the crafting of healing poultices and potions, as well as poisons)
Spiritual Leadership (her commands are followed, literally religiously)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:48:59 am »

Reservations isnt really necessary. Its not first come first serve! The most interesting applications will be chosen.
Also keep in mind that there are manymany worlds are vastly more advanced than modern earth. Both Samarkand and Varee applications are totally fine since many worlds have reverted to simpler tech. But you could also be a formal general, space admiral, colony leader etc. Its up to you!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 10:51:15 am »

Reservations isnt really necessary. Its not first come first serve! The most interesting applications will be chosen.
Also keep in mind that there are manymany worlds are vastly more advanced than modern earth. Both Samarkand and Varee applications are totally fine since many worlds have reverted to simpler tech. But you could also be a formal general, space admiral, colony leader etc. Its up to you!
Is there anything that should be changed about my app?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 10:56:49 am »

Is there anything that should be changed about my app?
Not really. Its fine, albeit quite thin. You could always describe your character a bit more, its goals etcetc. More details are always fun.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 11:23:50 am »

Who are you? Caine Kleon, male, 38, mech designer/pilot.

Why do you want to join THE TRIBAL GAMES? Was exiled from the Empire after he defied an order to attack innocent civilians on a borderworld. He has been offered a pardon if he is victorious.

Describe your ideal pocket-world and tribe! A large snowy area of tundra and taiga, with a central mountain riddled with caves and caverns. The rivers teem with fish in the summer, but in winter they freeze and animals seek shelter in the caves themselves. The tribe is fed by fishermen in summer and trappers in winter, though some of the tribe are able to cultivate small fungus plots. The tribes buildings are usually stone, although they take whatever advantage of the natural caves that they can.

What skills distinguish you from the plebs?
Technologist: Is familiar with any advanced technology he may come across.
Strategist: Is skilled in utilising his people, weapons, and traps to maximum effect.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 12:22:56 pm »

Who are you? Fred the Ugly

Why do you want to join THE TRIBAL GAMES? To win fame and glory beyond imagination.

Describe your ideal pocket-world and tribe! A pit full of mud. There are many pigs. There is one stump. People take turns sitting on the stump.

What skills distinguish you from the plebs? Pig riding, yelling loudly
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 12:35:59 pm »

Name: Captain "Ghost" Smith

Former profession/reason for joining: A former captain in the empire's army, Smith was renowned for his clever use of both trenches and intricate underground caverns to mask army movement and bypass enemy lines.  Denied promotions by his superiors who felt that his "craven and skulking" tactics deserved scorn rather than recognition, the Ghost left the army and sought his fame and glory elsewhere.  One year after becoming a civilian, he applied to the Tribal Games.

Pocket world: In this medium-sized pocket world, a single tall volcano looms over an endless desert.  The surface of the desert, scorching during the day and freezing at night, is largely uninhabitable.  Below its surface, however, a natural system of insulated caves allows underground plant life and odd, unearthly animals to thrive.  Those seeking it will find the only entrance to the caves at the base of the volcano.  But explorers beware: delve too deeply into the temptingly fascinating depths and the Captain and his army of ghosts will bar you from ever seeing the light of day again.

Skills: Stealthy and Legendary Tunneler

((Note: edited multiple times for no good reason.  Also, Chantututu greets the shaman  :P))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:39:49 pm by Nunzillor »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 12:53:48 pm »

Who are you? Knuser Ansitker. Male. 60. Mutant mercenary

Why do you want to join THE TRIBAL GAMES? Fighting's fun, and I wish to give those who are deemed too dangerous to live in society a chance of glory, and to fight all they want and not suffer boredom

Describe your ideal pocket-world and tribe!: Barren irradiated wasteland, with a mercenary HQ with beds, an armoury, a scrapyard, and a motorpool if possible. The wildlife should be the meanest, most frightening creatures that taste great. My men should be the toughest death row inmates, most dangerous asylum patients, most twisted war experiments and freaks, and the most psychopathic generals and war dogs.

What skills distinguish you from the plebs? Loves to fight, Constant mutation
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:40:14 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 12:55:14 pm »

Who are you? Da Fa'ze Bre'kar.Male.34. Ork Warboss
Why do you want to join THE TRIBAL GAMES? Ork war raid ended to soon
Describe your ideal pocket-world and tribe!: Barren irradiated wasteland, with a state of the art ork warbase.
What skills distinguish you from the plebs? Loves to fight, imagination makes everything possible

During the empires explorations, they have yet to find an ork race, or any intelligent life whatsoever.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 12:57:06 pm »

A  man from an asylum planet who believes himself to be an ork? :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 01:00:27 pm »

I am PTW, Champion of the Lurkers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4