Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are carpenters supposed to suck, or am I doing something wrong?  (Read 765 times)

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile

First post.

Construction for both walls has been suspended because a creature (the dwarf making the wall) was standing in the way of the building grounds.
It's been a while, and my carpenters still just eat and sleep without bothering to work on the wall again.
I'm relatively new to the game, but how long should it be until they resume construction?

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are carpenters supposed to suck, or am I doing something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:26:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure it is a bug that's been fixed for the newest release. You can use Q then scroll over the constructions and press S to unsuspend it.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure it is a bug that's been fixed for the newest release. You can use Q then scroll over the constructions and press S to unsuspend it.
I feel like a newb. Thanks for answering!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 02:35:10 pm »

Yeah, this is a very old bug that just got fixed.  Whenever .40.05 comes out it shouldn't happen anymore.

However, it's not so simple as just unsuspending the construction.  Sometimes that works if someone just happened to end up on the tile by chance, but if it's because the worker is trying to stand there while building it you'll have to completely remove the job and redesignate the construction to get them to build it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 05:01:49 pm »

Yeah, this is a very old bug that just got fixed.  Whenever .40.05 comes out it shouldn't happen anymore.

However, it's not so simple as just unsuspending the construction.  Sometimes that works if someone just happened to end up on the tile by chance, but if it's because the worker is trying to stand there while building it you'll have to completely remove the job and redesignate the construction to get them to build it.

Any clue about the flying animals getting stuck bug?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:00:49 am »

I don't know the status of any bugs related to flying, unfortunately.  I know Toady mentioned fixing something, but he said it was related to fliers trying to jump and getting stuck.  No idea when or where that ever occurred.

Regarding the topic at hand, fliers seemed to cause this bug more often than anything in modded games where you were playing as flying creatures.  Hopefully the fix applies to them too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.