Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My soldiers are attacking my war megabeast!  (Read 482 times)

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My soldiers are attacking my war megabeast!
« on: July 26, 2014, 09:32:53 am »

So, I got invaded by a Cyclops, and at the time lacking any sort of military due to a lack of metal decided to edit the raws and make it tameable/trainable. So far so good. The cyclops was trained for war and would wander around my fort, occasionally drinking/eating but otherwise causing to trouble at all. Now, when I designate my first squad and tell them to train, they go straight for my poor cyclops instead of going up to the barracks I designated for them! I'm trying to get them out of there, before they kill or seriously injure it, as it's a good boost to my defenses; how do I get them to go train normally? WHy are they attacking their own war creatures! I even tried assigning it to the dwarves and even then their bloodlust cannot be sated!

UPDATE: Disbanded the squad, everyone sort of pottered away immediately, except for one siege operator who's unconcious. How do I make sure this doesn't happen again? Or do I simply not bother with a military for the time being?

UPDATE 2: Unconcious siege operator no longer unconcious, now chasing the cyclops around. He is crying. The cyclops is overcome with terror. Why is this happening?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:44:04 am by Ladygolem »

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My soldiers are attacking my war megabeast!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »

Usually monsters are still hostile to your civilization even after training them if they have attacked your dwarves before. The only way to solve this is to domesticate the species by breeding and training several generations.

Or maybe the cyclops has some tag left over on it that causes your dwarves to attack?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 01:36:37 pm »

Megabeast are automatically considered hostile by anyone who can engage them.
._.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 05:54:51 pm »

Is a Ladygolem a golem made of Ladies?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz