Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: [IC Thread] Kurchil's Children - Day 1 - Introduction  (Read 17351 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: [IC Thread] Kurchil's Children - Day 1 - Introduction
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2014, 04:46:56 pm »

"It's refreshing to have people be upfront about this. Borl freaked out when I asked about whether Borl is his first or last name. Is that sort of thing common around here? Seems a bit tiresome, after all."
"Names are tough girlie. Borl, he's 'ot a name that connects'im to his past, his family. He ain't wantin' others knowin' bout it, but he ain't wantin' to lose it either. Names are tough."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2014, 04:53:22 pm »

"Names are tough girlie. Borl, he's 'ot a name that connects'im to his past, his family. He ain't wantin' others knowin' bout it, but he ain't wantin' to lose it either. Names are tough."

"I understand."

She did not quite understand, at least not beyond the 'people tend to be idiosyncratic in ways' level. But neither did she care.

"Well, I suppose I shall be going. Wonderful talking to you."

Book passage on a ship to Arclow if possible - failing that, obtain a ride to any other island port. It does not quite matter which.

Spoiler: Asithi Esseth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:17:15 am by Harry Baldman »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2014, 06:23:39 pm »

Meyath, needing a small break walks out of the tent and finds the one in charge again

"They are healing now, but will probably need food once it is done, my magic simply makes the body heal it's self faster"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2014, 06:27:37 pm »

Meyath, needing a small break walks out of the tent and finds the one in charge again

"They are healing now, but will probably need food once it is done, my magic simply makes the body heal it's self faster"
"Thank you for helping. We'll make sure those three are fed sufficiently. There's tea, bread, and cheese on the table over there if you need something too."
My Area

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2014, 02:27:24 am »

"I'll take you up on that tea"

Meyath says as she heads to the able, looking at what was on offer, she considered cooking something nicer for everyone here if there were ingredients

((in other words she looks for ingredients for cooking in the immediate vecinity))
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2014, 08:25:55 am »

Meyath says as she heads to the able, looking at what was on offer, she considered cooking something nicer for everyone here if there were ingredients
While she couldn't find any cooking ingredients at the table, she saw the bread being brought from a nearby building. It did not appear to be a house or shop; perhaps this triage unit had its own kitchen.
My Area

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:02 am »

Will decides to hone on the conversation about the fire as he finishes off his loaf, listening carefully.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:04 pm »

Interested now with the actual nature of magic, Cara found a wizened looking old man, and struck up a conversation with him. He claimed to have studied the various forms of magic, and their underlying similarities extensively, and offered to answer any questions she had.
((Ta doesn't need to, but I very much appreciate it C: ...I wonder if she's training her art skills...))

Cara delved back into the teachings of her youth, remembering how her parents had taught her their own fundamentals of magic--which very much didn't sound that mystical as she once believed but more on had a basis or structure that made sense in reality.

She pushed the question to the Elder before her.

"Is Thought, or the presence or manipulation of it the core foundation of Magic?"

Spoiler: Cara Penrose (click to show/hide)

Ta_veren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:27:14 pm by Ta_veren »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2014, 03:30:07 pm »

Meyath Gets herself a tea, then takes a peak into the kitchen

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2014, 08:39:43 pm »

Will decides to hone on the conversation about the fire as he finishes off his loaf, listening carefully.

Will focused on the conversation relating to the fire he had witnessed earlier. It was occurring between three busybodies, sitting around a table and sipping tea. The voice of the doubting gossip was a woman dressed in high fashion, with a braided golden torc with ruby gemstones, and she wore a well-fitted dress patterned with a pale violet and a light green. Her companions were less wealthy, if Will's judgement of fashion was correct. The one who had started the conversation wore a rather ill-fitting dress, and her necklace was silver and unadorned, on top of not being a torc, which was the more current fashion. The one who knew of the guard wore a dress of fair fit, but her torc appeared to be made of wood with gold leaf on top of it, as the leaf was flaking off in parts.

Quote from: Cause of the Fire
Rich Gossip: "I'm sure they just haven't finished taking inventory yet. Something must have been taken."
Ill-Fitted: "You're not wrong. I heard people witnessed Captain Niaka's goods burned, though she didn't claim the damages."
Gold Leaf: "Bah. That makes no sense! Why would a Captain not report losses due to piracy? She won't get even partial compensation if she doesn't report the damage..."
Ill-Fitted: "I don't know, but my source saw crates burn that came off of Niaka's ship..."

At this point the conversation drifted to conversations about Captain Niaka's style of dress, and steered completely away from anything relevant to the fire.

"Is Thought, or the presence or manipulation of it the core foundation of Magic?"
"Hmm... Indeed Thought is a powerful way to think of magic. Individuals are invested with the ability to use magic, and their ability to direct their will, their Thought, allows them to create magical effects. Buts its not as simple as that. See, magic is also external to the individual, while Thought appears to be internal. Magic follows patterns, it seems certain forms appear in certain regions. Some are even limited by lineage, for reasons which are not clear. Magic traditions appear and disappear all the time. Two prevailing theories exist; the first suggests that genuine belief only occurs when the magic is used in the context of a tradition, and this belief is necessary for magic to function, while the second suggests some external entity controls the creation and destruction of traditions. Unsurprisingly, these distinctions are often made by different religions according to their perception of their own deity's role."

Meyath Gets herself a tea, then takes a peak into the kitchen
The tea tasted very similar to what she had drank this morning, surely from the same source. As she sipped it she walked into the kitchen, where a lanky man approached, wondering what she was doing.
My Area

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2014, 03:28:45 am »

"I have just been healing some wounded, I'm tired from that right now but still want to help ... I'm a good cook"

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2014, 09:27:57 am »

"I have just been healing some wounded, I'm tired from that right now but still want to help ... I'm a good cook"
"Well, we can always use more help. Don't need no fancy cooking though. Just trying to make all of this edible so the sick and injured can get the food that they need. Kitchen doesn't have the funds to support fancy stuff..."
My Area

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2014, 09:32:51 am »

Will decides to ask around a bit to see if anything has happened recently, besides the fire.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:50 am »

Will decides to ask around a bit to see if anything has happened recently, besides the fire.
((Are you asking the gossips, in which case you can just begin dialoguing, or looking for someone else, which will take till the next turn is posted?))
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11