Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 218

Author Topic: Cutes Thread: One-Stop Squee Shop ✧ (ノ ◕Д◕)ノ*:・゚✧  (Read 347927 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Cutes Thread: One-Stop Squee Shop ✧ (ノ ◕Д◕)ノ*:・゚✧
« Reply #3015 on: June 28, 2016, 09:09:53 am »

Ok, it is decided, if I am to get a pet, it will be a fox, probably, might be a cat, or an owl. But fox has jumped on the scale from nothingness to a pretty solid number 2/3
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: June 28, 2016, 09:38:25 am »

Please do not get an undomesticated species as a pet. It is not good for the animal and you will very likely be unable to devote as much time (and actual work) to them as they need.
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: June 28, 2016, 12:12:40 pm »

There are people breeding domesticated foxes to sell as pets out there, since the idea has become popular. But atm, in most places, you'd prob need a license or something to legally own a pet fox. Also, foxes require a fair bit of space I'd wager.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:57 pm »

I looked into this a while back. I'd recommend getting a less-smelly variety. When stressed, foxes give out a rather unpleasant smell.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: June 28, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »

I've heard of attempts to domesticate foxes as well (supposedly some Russian breeders managed to make them fairly domesticated in just a few generation, iirc), but I am very leary with any such claims that involves cute animals that haven't already been domesticated a long time ago.

Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: June 28, 2016, 06:05:03 pm »

Hey if you don't start domesticating now well never get proper adorable pet foxes.

Gotta think about the long term yo
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: June 29, 2016, 12:48:20 am »

I'll just wait until somebody invents time travel and travels back into the stone age to set up a proper domestication process :P
Love, scriver~

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:05 am »

Sorry, but with that timeline, I'm afraid you'll just have to settle for domesticated wolves for now.  I know, such a sacrifice. :P

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: June 29, 2016, 09:48:13 am »

I also thought about getting a raven at one point, but whilst they're intelligent they're also unfortunately a tad mean, and require quite a bit of effort be devoted to upkeep.

Dogs really are the best option, IMO. They mix lovable with loyal, and can be kind hearted. You can get a cat if you want only one of those things.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: June 29, 2016, 10:06:54 am »

Crows are generally friendlier and smarter than ravens. If you want a bird of evil, get a crow. Crows can also imitate human speech like parrots.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: June 29, 2016, 10:19:01 am »

Crows are generally friendlier and smarter than ravens. If you want a bird of evil, get a crow. Crows can also imitate human speech like parrots.
Most Corvidae can. I don't remember about crows, ravens have a voice that is very different from a parrot's imitation of human speech since it kinda sounds like a really deep human voice, not something obviously birb-y.

Also, I believe that there's some legal issues to solve with keeping a pet raven/crow.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: June 29, 2016, 10:23:14 am »

I was under the impression the US basically had no regulation regarding pet owning, what with the stories of people owning chimpanzees and such.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: June 29, 2016, 10:28:37 am »

I was under the impression the US basically had no regulation regarding pet owning, what with the stories of people owning chimpanzees and such.
I didn't reread the whole exchange when I wrote this, so I was writing in response to Dwarfy, who is NorthERN Irish.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: June 29, 2016, 10:35:17 am »

Ah, yes, sarcasm directed at someone's country. That...is always a wise thing to do :P

And America does have rules governing the use of pets. Wild pets aren't allowed unless permission is gained. I don't know what the criteria for said permission is, however. It came up when I was looking into raven/fox pets.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: June 29, 2016, 10:48:50 am »

Ah, yes, sarcasm directed at someone's country. That...is always a wise thing to do :P
Country? I'm just slightly taking the piss out of your grammatical patriotism :P. And also hey - I learned this the last time, so next stop, pigs flying, frogs raining and assorted apocalyptica.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 218