Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just sayin...  (Read 1053 times)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just sayin...
« on: July 24, 2014, 03:32:24 pm »

Heya!

So I stopped playing MW because the new version came out, but I literally have 4-5 other friends who are refusing to play DF altogether until the new MW for our current release happens.

I love MW, but I really enjoy the new features in vanilla, and just thought I'd mention that my friends and I are cheering for the next MW release! :) (even if it's just sloppily quick ported temporarily) Edit- *nudge nudge*

Azuraal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just sayin...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 04:57:06 pm »

I'm 100% sure this won't affect release date of MW 0.40 in any way.
First of all we need final 0.40 version, then we need updated DFHack and possibly scripts that MW currently uses (I know there is problem with script allowing forcing caravans, sieges etc.)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 05:27:00 pm »

Yahhh I know... :-[

But maybe, JUST MAYBE! On a late night when Meph is sad because his cat passed away and asks himself, "is it really worth it anymore?" He will see this and recognize that my group of friends and I totally think it is.

Stiefel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »

But maybe, JUST MAYBE! On a late night when Meph is sad because his cat passed away and asks himself, "is it really worth it anymore?" He will see this and recognize that my group of friends and I totally think it is.
You're an idiot.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 05:36:51 pm »

You're an idiot.
*claps hands*
Play nice, children!
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 06:20:27 pm »

Lol ok ok, maybe I got a little carried away earlier.

This post stems a bit from my concern that since MW was such a hit in the previous version, that some people might view the new vanilla features as sort of redundant to what features MW has to offer now

That whole debate on whether we should lag in progress but spending time to match the current version, vs continue using the old version but add more parts to that previously existing MW. (My English isn't always the best)

A majority of the community I play dwarf fortress with, refuse to play Vanilla, but are waiting for the next MW...And if the next MW version does not come because people are apathetic to the new changes vanilla brings makes me sad.

Yes we could use the old MW still, but tee new features have us all excited, and sort of give rebirth to our lost love that was dwarf fortress.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 07:13:59 pm »

This thread is so far from helpful I finally understand the phrase "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." Not only is Meph updating to the new version mostly unrelated to public opinion, and ignoring the fact that there was already a thread for this sort of discussion, but you are expressing opinions at various times that reinforce the argument that MDF undermines vanilla.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 07:21:14 pm »

Alright.