Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power mining "fixed"  (Read 976 times)

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Power mining "fixed"
« on: July 24, 2014, 03:09:45 pm »

Urist McAntigravEngineer has been found dead, badly crushed!

I thought I saw Toady mention a while back that he hadn't made any physics changes in this version, but lo and behold, it appears that the sky support bug has been fixed. I just tried "power mining" in an attempt to quickly create a world-gen style dwarven entrance shaft, but even going down through all the caves filling in gaps I couldn't get the central shaft to cave in.

So then I had some doomed fools pull out the stairs at ground level and yup, supports no longer glue stuff to the sky, either.

Can't find a corresponding report in the bug tracker, so no idea if the issue is known to be closed.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Power mining "fixed"
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 12:50:07 am »

We can't attach things to the sky anymore? I guess I'll have to settle for balancing a whole fort on one soap support instead. And then wait for a building destroyer.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power mining "fixed"
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:50:39 am »

Toady might not have INTENTIONALLY fixed it.  It could be a side effect of adding something like new HFS, for instance.
Or you're misremembering.
Or I guess Toady could indeed be a dirty liar who should feel bad, but we will still love him anyway.  :P
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.