Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower graphics FPS makes dorfs WORK harder??  (Read 531 times)

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lower graphics FPS makes dorfs WORK harder??
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:40:52 am »

I saw discussion here recently about turning down the graphics FPS to improve the overall FPS.  My graphics FPS was only around 30 in the best of times, but I went ahead and set it to 10.  It makes some of the menus a little sluggish.  And it doesn't change the FPS on a near-empty or a full level at all (still 35 and around 20).

BUT... that's not what my eyes see.  The second I did this my dorfs looked like they had outboard motors up their asses.  No more Thump.  Thump.  Thump.  Now it seems like chug-a-chug-a-chug-along.  And it's not just visually that they changed either -- they could never catch up on their hauling before, but now I had half a dozen unemployed dorfs, and the ring mandate they'd failed to meet in the previous 15 minutes was done and overdone in a minute.

So I know it seems crazy, but I'm actually wondering if there's some bug in the graphics refresh process so that dorfs lose their labor each time it does it.

Has anyone else noticed something like this, or am I just having yet another DF hallucination?