Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forum Game Idea/Interest Check.  (Read 692 times)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Forum Game Idea/Interest Check.
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:47:04 pm »

For the past couple days I have been thinking of trying to set up a forum game sort of like Slang Teasers.

For those of you that have never heard of it Slang Teasers is a fairly simple game.

The idea is you flip open a book of slang terms and pick one of the word defined on the page and read the word on the page out loud. Then everyone playing comes up with a definition for what they think that word means and submit it to whoever chose the word. The person who chose the word writes down the actual definition. Once everyone has submitted the person with the book then reads out everyone's made up definitions as well as the real one and everyone tries to guess the correct definition. Whoever gets the most votes on their definition gets a point and if no one gets the actual definition whoever chose the word gets a point. Typically a game lasts until someone gets 5 or ten points. The Slang dictionary then gets passed to whoever runs the next round, I forget whether it is the person to the right/left or the winner of the last round.

I am not sure that Slang Teaser itself makes sense on the forums as everyone can just look up the definition or because of cultural barriers. I was thinking of changing it to something like ridiculous dwarven antics where you get given a situation and you need to explain why the dwarf did what it did, or maybe just having someone make a word up and having everyone try to give it a definition.

In Slang Teasers the definitions are hidden so no one knows who they are voting for so this could either be done through PM or not allowing people to vote for their own and throwing them up as posts. I was thinking along the lines of "Whose lines is it anyway?" with everything made up and the points don't matter. Edit:Well not everything.

Just curious if anyone else would be interested in doing something like this. Also some of the details need a little work.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."