Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!  (Read 43032 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!
« Reply #450 on: August 24, 2014, 10:12:17 pm »

"Sirs" said Ulric "Truly your forgiveness I implore, but the fact is that laying upon eachother in a 5 foot by 5 foot area would be most frightening. Please, for all that is good, do not do that."

Reverse psychology would work yes?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 24, 2014, 10:16:06 pm »

"Uh, hey, kobold magey guy! You don't really have a chance of defeating us, you know. I mean, the only place your troops would be safe from our attacks would be over there, in that five-foot box. We can't hit anyone within it for, uh, contractual reasons."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »

Keep in mind, it's a 5' radius burst, meaning 5' in every direction from the point of origin, and the way AoE spells are calculated means that it would be targeted on a grid intersection; the total AoE would be 10'x10'.

Also, we still need an action from My Name is Immaterial / Cernan for the surprise round. It's been around 4 days since the last update and he's been active as recently as today, so if he doesn't respond to my poke I'll skip his surprise-round turn and roll init for everyone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »

Eh.

I'm just going to Shatter all of their goggles simultaneously.

See how much damage flying glass shards into their eyes does.

"All of them..."

>5' radius burst with Will saves due to being attended

nope.avi
Yes, I'm sure they'll make those DC 18 will saves.

But for some reason I had thought it was 10 foot radius. Meh. Still enough to take 4 kobolds out a turn, at least temporarily and screw them with their light blindness.

But most importantly? It's fun to watch them run around clutching their faces and bleeding from their eye sockets.

Chaotic Insane is fun to play. :D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:02 pm »

Eh.

I'm just going to Shatter all of their goggles simultaneously.

See how much damage flying glass shards into their eyes does.

"All of them..."

>5' radius burst with Will saves due to being attended

nope.avi
Yes, I'm sure they'll make those DC 18 will saves.

But for some reason I had thought it was 10 foot radius. Meh. Still enough to take 4 kobolds out a turn, at least temporarily and screw them with their light blindness.

But most importantly? It's fun to watch them run around clutching their faces and bleeding from their eye sockets.

Chaotic Insane is fun to play. :D
Quote from: Baleful Utterance
As the spell Shatter; breaks brittle, nonmagical objects; sunders a single solid, nonmagical object; or damages a crystalline creature.
Description: By speaking a syllable of Dark Speech, the invoker chooses one of the following to occur:
a) all non-magic glass, crystal, etc., in a 5’ radius Burst that weigh less than 1 lb/lvl are shattered. An attended object gets a Will save to negate. Otherwise, no save.
b) a single solid object weighing up to 10 pounds per level can be shattered. An attended object gets a Will save to negate. If an attended object was destroyed, then the creature touching it must make a Fortitude save of be Dazed for 1 round and Deafenedfor 1 minute. Targeted against a crystalline creature (of any weight), shatter deals 1d6 points of sonic damage per caster level (maximum 10d6), with a Fortitude save for half damage.

3. Run Resize Enable

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2014, 03:51:10 pm »

Warlocks, man

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »

I heard you, Flying Dice, and had looked it up myself. i was not challenging the statement,mI was stating what I had thought previously.

Also, Baleful Utterance doesn't work against crystalline creatures, so I don't believe that source is actually true. But yes, I know it's a five foot radius. Are we done now?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 25, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »

Can we not be hostile about this please?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2014, 04:36:09 pm »

Can we actually update?

Because I posted my action.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2014, 04:39:41 pm »

Alright, so I'm down 1 subdual damage now.

Map?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2014, 04:47:32 pm »

I heard you, Flying Dice, and had looked it up myself. i was not challenging the statement,mI was stating what I had thought previously.

Also, Baleful Utterance doesn't work against crystalline creatures, so I don't believe that source is actually true. But yes, I know it's a five foot radius. Are we done now?

It wasn't intended aggressively. It was simpler than saying, "well, I recall that such-and-such...", though I was lazy and pulled something up instead of thumbing through CArc. But RAW is that it "[affects] an object or area as if by a shatter spell", and Shatter functions as described. Ofc. if you'd prefer to limit it to the targeted and AoE shattering of nonmagical glass/crystal, I'm happy with that. In any case,
Can we not be hostile about this please?

Can we actually update?

Because I posted my action.
Did. I was PMing a bit with Immat and helping my roommate figure out that Macs suck for almost everything.

The map is identical as before, except that of the 'top' warriors one is dead and the other three are in a horizontal line from I-K19, W5 is now at J22, and W6 is now at J26.

3. Run Resize Enable

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2014, 05:00:15 pm »

Do I get to cleave?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 25, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »

It wasn't intended aggressively. It was simpler than saying, "well, I recall that such-and-such...", though I was lazy and pulled something up instead of thumbing through CArc. But RAW is that it "[affects] an object or area as if by a shatter spell", and Shatter functions as described. Ofc. if you'd prefer to limit it to the targeted and AoE shattering of nonmagical glass/crystal, I'm happy with that. In any case,
Object or area, but not a creature. Which is how it's typically interpreted, since otherwise it would just say "You can use Shatter as the spell" as the first part.

Plus it has the weird but nice additional function of deafening/dazing. That should be nice. That happens with attended objects in the AoE as well, yes? Since they are effectively targeted by the spell?

Also, did the damage I took take into account my DR? I have a hard time believing it did, no offense, since Kobolds are small and really bloody weak. 1d6+1 damage(12 Strength) would be the minimum if they're using spears, and that would make these some pretty damn strong kobolds.

Yes, Remuthra, I know. Shush.

Sidenote: Normally I wouldn't give much of a shit whether DR was taken into account but this is first level and I have perhaps 8 hit points. Losing half of them is significant.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2014, 06:06:53 pm »

Despite the unquestionable benefits of gloating about getting Regeneration, the note is actually there so I can keep track of my HP on a per-round basis :P.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2014, 07:28:42 pm »

Despite the unquestionable benefits of gloating about getting Regeneration, the note is actually there so I can keep track of my HP on a per-round basis :P.
I was actually referring to your 40+ strength kobold you made. That's only barely technically a kobold, by the way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33