Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!  (Read 43160 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC/pregame [0/6]
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2014, 12:59:59 am »

One last question: How would one talk to Palax? Would I have to go through an intermediary or does she hold court?
I'm finishing my backstory, and I need to explain how I came by the scales of a metallic dragon, which are essential ingredients for the Ritual of Rebirth.
Well, given being a Bahamut cleric gives you a Diplomacy bonus with her, I'm pretty sure she'd be positively eager to hand over some scales to a prospective Dragonborn.
And then murder them if they "think better of it" and the scales "go missing," of course.

Meant to get to this earlier. For fair warning, I'm probably going to go for my weapon the first time we meet, because Kobolds often associate with Chromatic Dragons.
Well, ok. If your character would draw their weapon on first meeting a Silver Dragonwrought Kobold (ie, practically family) with a reputation around the Vale for being a hard working knowledge seeker who likes hugs, family and helping people, far be it from me to tell you how to roleplay.

Also, RPG, what does Nymph's Kiss even do? I noticed it was on your sheet for my game, too.
Quote from: Book of Exalted Deeds
By maintaining an intimate relationship with a good-aligned fey (such as a nymph or dryad), you gain some of the characteristics of fey.
Benefit: Fey creatures regard you as though you were fey. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-related checks, and a +1 bonus on all saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities. Starting with the level when you take this feat, you gain 1 extra skill point per level.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2014, 01:03:16 am »

Hmmkay then.

I'm going to shut up now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2014, 01:08:53 am »

One last question: How would one talk to Palax? Would I have to go through an intermediary or does she hold court?
I'm finishing my backstory, and I need to explain how I came by the scales of a metallic dragon, which are essential ingredients for the Ritual of Rebirth.
Well, given being a Bahamut cleric gives you a Diplomacy bonus with her, I'm pretty sure she'd be positively eager to hand over some scales to a prospective Dragonborn.
And then murder them if they "think better of it" and the scales "go missing," of course.
I figured as much, but I need to know the mechanics of that interaction, so when we talk to her again, I know whether or not we've ever met.

Meant to get to this earlier. For fair warning, I'm probably going to go for my weapon the first time we meet, because Kobolds often associate with Chromatic Dragons.
Well, ok. If your character would draw their weapon on first meeting a Silver Dragonwrought Kobold (ie, practically family) with a reputation around the Vale for being a hard working knowledge seeker who likes hugs, family and helping people, far be it from me to tell you how to roleplay.
Ah. Didn't realize you were Silver. The reputation doesn't really change anything, since Cadran has been holed up in the temple for most of his adult life. He wouldn't have ever heard of you.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2014, 01:10:39 am »

Ah. Didn't realize you were Silver.
*Shrug* It's not like I could be anything else.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2014, 01:19:12 am »

Ah. Didn't realize you were Silver.
*Shrug* It's not like I could be anything else.
I guess not.

I'm going to go update my own games now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2014, 01:33:41 am »

Fairly easily. Silver dragons are like Gold dragons in that they often take mortal form and hang out with mortals, but unlike them in that they tend to avoid combat rather than going crusading constantly. Palax is a regular visitor for the Magistry and a semi-regular one for the city and villages. Her lair is in a cave at the top of the waterfall which drains into the lake, so visiting in the lair is basically a matter of "Has permission and is brought up by Palax," "Has permission and can fly themselves," "Has permission and absurd freeclimbing skills," or "Does not have permission and enjoys extreme high-diving."

Basically if you were at the Magistry at all, there's a decent chance of meeting Palax at some point or other. The source that I'm using as a basis for more complex behavioral patterns suggests that Silvers tend to spend a substantial amount of time in mortal form, sometimes living out entire mortal lifetimes while rarely going big-and-scaly. So for things related to anything except certain trouble issues, about as close to Mister Rogers as you're going to get from a dragon. It's entirely possible that being a cleric of Bahamut seeking to become a Dragonborn would be sufficient when coupled with a humble request.

You could also have found them in the shallows of the lake or something. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2014, 01:37:07 am »

Fairly easily. Silver dragons are like Gold dragons in that they often take mortal form and hang out with mortals, but unlike them in that they tend to avoid combat rather than going crusading constantly.
Also unlike them in that they tend to be a little... fonder of the humanoid races.
In more ways than one. *Eyebrow waggle*

The source that I'm using as a basis for more complex behavioral patterns suggests that Silvers tend to spend a substantial amount of time in mortal form, sometimes living out entire mortal lifetimes while rarely going big-and-scaly. So for things related to anything except certain trouble issues, about as close to Mister Rogers as you're going to get from a dragon.
Yeah, Silvers are pretty chill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2014, 01:56:06 am »

"Daddy, where do half-dragons come from?"  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2014, 01:57:41 am »

"Let your Uncle Tarrasque explain, dear."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2014, 02:08:40 am »

That one of the reasons you banned psionics, Dice?

If I recall, correct usage of... mind swap, I think, lets you become a tarrasque. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2014, 02:10:05 am »

Fairly easily. Silver dragons are like Gold dragons in that they often take mortal form and hang out with mortals, but unlike them in that they tend to avoid combat rather than going crusading constantly. Palax is a regular visitor for the Magistry and a semi-regular one for the city and villages. Her lair is in a cave at the top of the waterfall which drains into the lake, so visiting in the lair is basically a matter of "Has permission and is brought up by Palax," "Has permission and can fly themselves," "Has permission and absurd freeclimbing skills," or "Does not have permission and enjoys extreme high-diving."

Basically if you were at the Magistry at all, there's a decent chance of meeting Palax at some point or other. The source that I'm using as a basis for more complex behavioral patterns suggests that Silvers tend to spend a substantial amount of time in mortal form, sometimes living out entire mortal lifetimes while rarely going big-and-scaly. So for things related to anything except certain trouble issues, about as close to Mister Rogers as you're going to get from a dragon. It's entirely possible that being a cleric of Bahamut seeking to become a Dragonborn would be sufficient when coupled with a humble request.

You could also have found them in the shallows of the lake or something. :V
Cool. I'll update my backstory shortly.

"Let your Uncle Tarrasque explain, dear."
Normal Tarrasques don't scare me as much anymore. Not after I saw that last monster.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2014, 02:12:36 am »

thirty... heads...

ROLL FOR SANITY

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2014, 02:13:45 am »

I did.

I rolled a 20.

It still failed.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2014, 02:14:46 am »

thirty... heads...

ROLL FOR SANITY
Each round, Cthulhu scoops up and devours d4 investigators with its mouth tentacles.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2014, 02:16:32 am »

QUICK! TAKE THE FEAT OFF YOUR CHARACTER SHEETS! :P
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33