Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!  (Read 43165 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC/pregame [0/6]
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2014, 12:30:57 am »

I could certainly use the extra gold, but it seems metagamey to exploit someone else's crafting discounts, so I'll stay as I am.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2014, 12:32:44 am »

One last question: How would one talk to Palax? Would I have to go through an intermediary or does she hold court?
I'm finishing my backstory, and I need to explain how I came by the scales of a metallic dragon, which are essential ingredients for the Ritual of Rebirth.

You just sorta came across them one day?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2014, 12:34:01 am »

One last question: How would one talk to Palax? Would I have to go through an intermediary or does she hold court?
I'm finishing my backstory, and I need to explain how I came by the scales of a metallic dragon, which are essential ingredients for the Ritual of Rebirth.

You just sorta came across them one day?
They're fucking dragon scales from the only known dragon in the Vale. Someone else would have taken them, and probably sold them to the Magistry for magical experiments.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2014, 12:35:56 am »

I don't know much about dragons but I assume that their scales fall off from time to time. Perhaps they were flying around and it just fell off? But I suppoe that might be a little far fetched.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2014, 12:36:49 am »

Old, other dragon corpse in a cave.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2014, 12:45:33 am »

I could certainly use the extra gold, but it seems metagamey to exploit someone else's crafting discounts, so I'll stay as I am.
If it helps, Sjachisk has spent the last 3 years or so running around the Vale learning from non-Kobolds and practicing a bunch of trades, and probably selling off the results at just above at-cost.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2014, 12:45:58 am »

I don't know much about dragons but I assume that their scales fall off from time to time. Perhaps they were flying around and it just fell off? But I suppoe that might be a little far fetched.
I guess this could work... it just seems a little anti-climatic.
Old, other dragon corpse in a cave.
FD was very specific about there not being any other dragons in the Vale.

Edit:
Kobolds are traditionally LE. And they look like dragons. And you're Dragonwrought, and have wings. That makes you even more dragony.
Lawful Good in this case, actually. She's basically a Dark Irsvern.
Meant to get to this earlier. For fair warning, I'm probably going to go for my weapon the first time we meet, because Kobolds often associate with Chromatic Dragons.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:48:25 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2014, 12:47:51 am »

Oh, yes, Osoero is in my first post in the thread, in case anyone was wondering.

Couple Questions, then:

First, can I use Rapid Shot with Eldritch Blast?

Second, can I take Nymph's Kiss without being good, even though it's an exalted feat?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2014, 12:49:11 am »

I disagree. A kobold who finds the scales and seeks to become more than he ever possibly could. Maybe even make it a goal of his to find the source of the scales and thank them for their unknowing gift. I'm sure you could flavor it to be a catalyst instead of the end of a quest. It is, after all, the beginning.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2014, 12:51:43 am »

Not dragons anymore!

Otherwise, I'm stuck for ideas.

Also, RPG, what does Nymph's Kiss even do? I noticed it was on your sheet for my game, too.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2014, 12:53:16 am »

Not dragons anymore!

Otherwise, I'm stuck for ideas.

Also, RPG, what does Nymph's Kiss even do? I noticed it was on your sheet for my game, too.

+2 to Charisma based checks, +1 to DCs of spells(and spell-like abilities maybe?) from the illusion and enchantment schools.

You...you know you can look it up, yes?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2014, 12:53:45 am »

I disagree. A kobold who finds the scales and seeks to become more than he ever possibly could. Maybe even make it a goal of his to find the source of the scales and thank them for their unknowing gift. I'm sure you could flavor it to be a catalyst instead of the end of a quest. It is, after all, the beginning.
Well, that would be cool... but I'm not a Kobold. I was going to be one, but then we needed a buffer/support, so now I'm a Lesser Aasimar, which has a Celestial creature in its heritage.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2014, 12:56:08 am »

Well, that would be cool... but I'm not a Kobold. I was going to be one, but then we needed a buffer/support, so now I'm a Lesser Aasimar, which has a Celestial creature in its heritage.
If you want something more exciting, the best I would suggest is that you nicked them from the Magistry and used them before they could stop you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2014, 12:56:30 am »

For the record, I'm the debuffer. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2014, 12:58:59 am »

If you want something more exciting, the best I would suggest is that you nicked them from the Magistry and used them before they could stop you.
I'm a LG cleric of a god whose portfolio includes Justice. I don't steal things.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33