Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!  (Read 43093 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC/pregame [0/6]
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2014, 01:18:31 am »

Cernan Tiburux. (Tiburux literally translates to "Born as platinum" in Draconic)
I think he's done. Got feats, got gear, got skills, will do spells properly when game starts, and a backstory is coming tommorrow, if we're both lucky.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2014, 07:53:15 am »

Hmmm. It occurs to me that I have a +4 Int Mod. Enough to Take 10 and make up to +2 AC armour/shields, longbows and shortbows, and simple melee or thrown weapons.
Anyone want a 2/3rds discount on their gear?
If I get Artisan Armorsmithing Tools (5gp for the tools), I can do up to +4 AC armour/shields, and with the right Masterwork Artisan's Tools (55gp) I can make up to up to +6 AC armour/shields, composite longbows or shortbows, crossbows, martial melee and thrown weapons, and "high-quality items."
Given Aid Another assistance, my results go up another 2 points. Exotic weapons, +1 rating comp. bows, +8 AC armour/shields.

I'm willing to be a wagon, but I hardly have money for basic equipment when it's all large-sized :P.
Good news!

Hooray, I was hoping for Architecture Knowledge! "Murderhobo shack" is a term I use to refer to any sort of adventurer's (murderhobo's) hideout, home, or respite.
Architecture Knowledge buddy!

Wait... hey! Anyone willing to chip in for a wagon? We could have an ADVENTURE CARAVAN, what with my horse.
If I have the cash left, sure. Hell, I might be able to Craft one, even.

Yes. I will be played a psuedopaladin. Who is anti-evil, and especially anti-evil dragons.
*Glances at the kobold*
What are you implying? >.>

Profession checks are going to be fun times for me. They're essentially telling random strangers things you'd find in fortune cookies or out of a magic 8 ball... for money.
Mine are doing hard mine labour.
Wanna swap? =p

It's listed in the houserules near the end, all of which GWG, Hans, and I whipped up a while back to make poisons and alchemicals viable weapons for specialization. The RAW on poisons are shitty and contradictory to begin with, and that bit about accidental self-poisoning is bloody stupid. It's like if you forced someone to take a Sword Use feat to remove a percentage chance of accidentally castrating themselves every time they attacked.
Oops, missed that, my bad. That certainly does make me happy, though.

Spoiler:  RPgeek please read (click to show/hide)
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2014, 08:02:31 am »

I'll be at work for the next 13-14ish hours, so I won't be available to respond to questions until late tonight.

Can I take Nymph's Kiss without being Good, due to having Fey Heritage, or no?
The Good alignment is, according to RAW, required for the fey you're in an intimate relationship with, not you. That said, this is one of the feats where I'm going to require you to work it into your backstory if you take it -- it might even come up in-story, depending on what happens.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2014, 08:12:59 am »

The Good alignment is, according to RAW, required for the fey you're in an intimate relationship with, not you. That said, this is one of the feats where I'm going to require you to work it into your backstory if you take it -- it might even come up in-story, depending on what happens.
Not strictly true, actually:
Quote from: Book of Exalted Deeds
This book introduces a new type of feat: the exalted feat. Only intelligent characters of good alignment and the highest moral standards can acquire exalted feats... A character who willingly and willfully commits an evil act loses all benefits from all his exalted feats. A character with at least one exalted feat radiates an aura of good with a power equal to her character level (see the detect good spell), as if she were a paladin or a cleric of a good deity.

Oh, actually, about the previous
Hey, Dice, hypothetically speaking, what would a Kobold Cleric who doesn't pray to any particular god and gets his powers from the idea that Kobolds are Awesome and Fighting to Defend Kobolds is Even More Awesome get as a favoured weapon for purposes of the War Domain? Just pick one that makes some sense (probably one used as part of traps)?
Probably a Greatpick.
response, I'd forgotten about the change to Weapon Focus:
6. The Weapon Focus line automatically scales with HD. At 4 you are considered to have Weapon Specialization for all purposes, at 8 Greater Weapon Focus, and at 12 Greater Weapon Specialization. Note that it does not matter what class those levels are in. And yes, that does include monsters. All of these extra feats apply to the same weapon type as the original, which must be acquired normally. In addition this line of feats applies to a category of weapons rather than a single type chosen from the following list: Bludgeoning, Piercing, or Slashing. You can still take Weapon Focus more than once, but it must apply to a different category each time.
Would that mean it would be Weapon Focus Piercing rather than Greatpick?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:12 am »

Oh, shit. Houserule 6.

So that means if I got normal Weapon Focus, I would get +2 on my attack rolls with the greataxe (in addition to my already high-as-shit strength). And with the other feats, I get a +5 damage with my axe. Barbarian HD is d12, afterall.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2014, 11:14:25 am »

Oh, shit. Houserule 6.

So that means if I got normal Weapon Focus, I would get +2 on my attack rolls with the greataxe (in addition to my already high-as-shit strength). And with the other feats, I get a +5 damage with my axe. Barbarian HD is d12, afterall.
*facepalm*

Not how it works.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2014, 11:16:21 am »

Oh, shit. Houserule 6.

*facepalm*

Not how it works.
Then how does it work?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2014, 11:18:01 am »

Number of hit dice. Not size.

Aka when you hit levels 4, 8, and 12.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2014, 11:31:12 am »

OH

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2014, 12:05:02 pm »

OH
Makes slightly more sense, doesn't it :P?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2014, 12:21:12 pm »

Yes. I will be played a psuedopaladin. Who is anti-evil, and especially anti-evil dragons.
*Glances at the kobold*
What are you implying? >.>
Kobolds are traditionally LE. And they look like dragons. And you're Dragonwrought, and have wings. That makes you even more dragony.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2014, 01:00:36 pm »

Wait... hey! Anyone willing to chip in for a wagon? We could have an ADVENTURE CARAVAN, what with my horse.
If I have the cash left, sure. Hell, I might be able to Craft one, even.
Looking at the SRD, we'd need either another horse or a half-size wagon.

I'm cool with that. We have at least one 20 foot speed character, right? Because our wagon would have to--

Change that, we should get a 1/4 size wagon. That leaves room for 75 pounds of equip--

You know what, if anyone wants to do this, we need another horse.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2014, 05:18:37 pm »

There are three major power foci in the Vale: The Leafguard, a loosely organized volunteer militia which shoulders many of the more direct tasks involved with keeping the Brackenreach at bay, though the clear-cutting and controlled fires have become less common in the past two centuries; the Magistry, a meritocratic group of wizards based out of an ancient temple devoted to Valkran (the alligator-headed god of academics and knowledge), who welcome students and knowledge-seekers; and Palax of the End, an Ancient Silver Dragon, the first resident of the Vale since before the Growth, who fled the Dragon War and later guided refugees out of the disastrous attempt to reverse the damage it caused.
What is the Dragon War? Was it the conflict waged between Bahamut and Tiamat?

Also, could I have been a very low level apprentice in the Magistry, and then quit to go and do the business of Bahamut?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:04:26 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2014, 10:11:39 pm »

Kobolds are traditionally LE. And they look like dragons. And you're Dragonwrought, and have wings. That makes you even more dragony.
Lawful Good in this case, actually. She's basically a Dark Irsvern.

Looking at the SRD, we'd need either another horse
Well, I can't craft those.
or a half-size wagon.

I'm cool with that. We have at least one 20 foot speed character, right? Because our wagon would have to--

Change that, we should get a 1/4 size wagon. That leaves room for 75 pounds of equip--

You know what, if anyone wants to do this, we need another horse.
Have you considered the cart or sled, both lighter? Or buying 2 of the cheaper beasts of burden, like a pony, mule or donkey? Plus, horses can carry a lot, especially when dragging. Heavy load for a Light Horse caps at 450, leaving it with a 40ft. move speed, a mule caps at 690, and depending on how the DM rules the dragging rules work... Potentially, literally thousands of pounds.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2014, 10:17:20 pm »

...What? The SRD seems to disagree.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33